PDA

View Full Version : Meeting on the 19th???

tendar
07/10/2003, 01:26 AM
So did we want to have two meetings this month if so did we want to do it again on the 19th next saturday? I will try to reserve the room if there is enough interest.

Or we can get together at Mojodeli's and he can show off his dogs and his "tank of death" or some one else's place I guess and start the summer tank tour with some ones house each month.

MPETERS
07/10/2003, 08:06 AM
Hi,

I would be interested. Either place would be fine.

Thanks,

dgin
07/10/2003, 09:56 AM
Does Mojo know you are offering his place up or are you sending strangers to his house again? The dogs were pretty vicious, last time I was there... the scars aren't completely gone yet.

His place or Round Table is good with me.

muzzelfuzz
07/11/2003, 07:19 PM
i will be there either place is good for me

kirstenk
07/11/2003, 07:38 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to some of Gregg's sand!

pillions
07/13/2003, 01:14 AM
I'm out. Moving into the new house that day. How about we have the get together over there. Everyone can move a large piece of furniture + box, install a fan, and then we'll setup the tank. Any takers..... ?

Clayton

mojodeli
07/13/2003, 02:08 PM
I think Gregg is taking the mi casa su casa thing a bit to far ;-)

Originally posted by dgin
Does Mojo know you are offering his place up or are you sending strangers to his house again? The dogs were pretty vicious, last time I was there... the scars aren't completely gone yet.

His place or Round Table is good with me.

tendar
07/13/2003, 02:58 PM
We can have it where ever people want.
Need to decide though since I dont believe the round table has been reserved yet.

dgin
07/14/2003, 11:23 AM
Gregg,
Lets default to the Round Table for the 19th. Can you call and and make the reservation. Thanks.
We can discuss the venue of some of the future meetings if we want to do the tank tours (depending on interest and available hosts) and such at the meeting.

tendar
07/14/2003, 12:07 PM
sounds good to me will call round table to reserve room then.

MPETERS
07/14/2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks, see you Sat.

tendar
07/14/2003, 07:36 PM
Round table Pizza has been reserved for 4-6 pm.

rockclimber057
07/14/2003, 11:50 PM
Hi guys this is Dave in Queen Creek. I just wondered if you guys ever bring your wives, girlfriends, mistresses etc. these meetings? Do they have beer at the Round Table?
dave

tendar
07/15/2003, 12:25 AM
There are usally a several ladies at the meetings.
Yes they serve beer there also.

mojodeli
07/15/2003, 08:03 AM
And Greggina is one of the cuter ones. Though she does have that eastern european look....

BLUESMAN
07/15/2003, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone,I will have phyto for the next meeting.I have "tetra" and "T-Iso".If I could get an amount of people that would like some that would be nice and how much you need.Please bring your own bottles,otherwise I will tax you for my bottles!!:p Hopefully I can get the "nano" strain from mx tang soon.I will also have large Turbo and conches that I acquired,somewhere:D !Oh.....It's all free unless you would like to donate for Blue's next tank!!Blue

BLUESMAN
07/15/2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah,Greggina is hot,but does'nt shave her armpits(typical european pratice!).And she drinks like a fish!Blue

muzzelfuzz
07/15/2003, 03:23 PM
hey blue i would be intrested in some of the turbos and conches. i can use all the help with my new algae problem. had my vhos go out on me so im having a bit of a out break new ones should be here by thursday. also some phyto would be nice either kind i will bring some bottles. im gonna try and get some leather frags to take to the meeting anyone intrested? will be unmounted sinularia and devilshand. let me know

BLUESMAN
07/15/2003, 03:32 PM
I would like a couple frags,muzzelfuzz!Is anyone from "fragexchange" gonna make it?Blue

mx_tang
07/15/2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BLUESMAN
Hey everyone,I will have phyto for the next meeting.I have "tetra" and "T-Iso".If I could get an amount of people that would like some that would be nice and how much you need.Please bring your own bottles,otherwise I will tax you for my bottles!!:p Hopefully I can get the "nano" strain from mx tang soon.I will also have large Turbo and conches that I acquired,somewhere:D !Oh.....It's all free unless you would like to donate for Blue's next tank!!Blue

Hey Blue,

Mike here. I can bring you some Nanno this weekend. I'd also like a few conchs and turbos if it's not too much trouble.

dgin
07/15/2003, 05:44 PM
Blue,
I'd like to get some Phyto of whatever strains you have maybe a water bottle or two of each if you can spare. I'd also be interested in a conch.

Thanks!

dgin
07/15/2003, 05:48 PM
muzzelfuzz,
I'd like to get a frag of the devilshand, if you have any more. I can trim one of my reddish-brown mushrooms if you want in trade. Let me know.

Thanks!

BLUESMAN
07/15/2003, 06:42 PM
Mike,Nice to see you posting again!!Cool on the "nano"!I guess I can spare some snails to a "brother".I guess we all should treat you like a "newbie" now:p !Blue

rockclimber057
07/15/2003, 07:48 PM
I should be able to make it saturday. It will be my first meeting with you guys. I'll be bringing my wife as it is our only day off together and she wants to learn as much as possible about reefing. Maybe you guys can clue me in about growing phytos and rotifers etc. I use to dabble in sterile culture back in the day.
dave

finding nemo
07/16/2003, 08:28 AM
Terrific on the phyto, I would love some. I need a cleanup crew. Does anyone have a bunch of blue or red legs for sale? Or trade? or some small snails?

mojodeli
07/16/2003, 09:03 AM
I'll bring some hermits for you.

finding nemo
07/16/2003, 10:01 AM
That will be terrific, I set up a 65 and have only 2 red legs in it and sure do need more. And also have a few snails but not near enough to anything will be appreciated. I can bring some live sand to trade if you need some. See you there. k

TOriginally posted by mojodeli
I'll bring some hermits for you.

mojodeli
07/17/2003, 07:23 PM
I'll bring all of my extra hermits for those who want them.

And I guess I would mind adding some more sand to my ultra premo sludge.

kirstenk
07/17/2003, 07:33 PM
Bluesman.....I could use an extra snail or two and a conch would be nice.

kirstenk

BLUESMAN
07/17/2003, 07:36 PM
I'll be bringing 8 of each,hopefully.Remember these are large "bulldozing" machines!The conches stay in the sand most of the time.They eat a lot too.Blue

BLUESMAN
07/17/2003, 08:13 PM
It looks like I'll be bringing a few things to the meeting(Le's pump,2 gallons of phyto,8 conches and 8 turbos).Does anyone want more money plant caup.?Otherwise I'm pitching it!Blue

Aaron
07/18/2003, 01:21 AM
I can bring some hermits for anyone that needs any...

I could use some phyto and a few conches if Blues can spare some?

BLUESMAN
07/18/2003, 06:32 AM
I think the conches and snails have all been spoken for,besides these guys will knock everything in your 29g.I might have some phyto.Blue

muzzelfuzz
07/18/2003, 11:53 AM
i can use some more hermits..... and blue i will take some money plant. so i think all im bringing is 3 sinularia frags and 2 devilshand frags

muzzelfuzz
07/18/2003, 08:38 PM
ok folks so far i have 3 sinularia frags spocken for and my 2 devils hands spoken for. anyone wanna trade for some colt frags i have floating around?????? will be open for almost anything

also jsut a note these frags are not real big but are fast growers and they are unmounted so you can mount them where ever you want..

finding nemo
07/18/2003, 09:46 PM
I got the coolest screensaver today from a friend of mine,. Looks so real, you pick the fish and they swim thru coral etc. If anyone would like a copy of it I would be happy to make a copy for you and trade for corals, mushrooms or zoos. Let me know as will have to have time to make them. K

finding nemo
07/18/2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by muzzelfuzz
ok folks so far i have 3 sinularia frags spocken for and my 2 devils hands spoken for. anyone wanna trade for some colt frags i have floating around?????? will be open for almost anything

also jsut a note these frags are not real big but are fast growers and they are unmounted so you can mount them where ever you want..

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 12:19 PM
I'll be bringing buggle's Mag9 pump,phyto,snails,conches and hermit crabs.Sorry Aaron,I have nothing for you.Blue

muzzelfuzz
07/19/2003, 12:55 PM
hey blue you gonna gring any money plant? if so i will take some

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 01:15 PM
Yeah,I forgot to mention that!!I always bring money plant!!Blue

muzzelfuzz
07/19/2003, 02:22 PM
thanks blue, ok i have a sinularia frag and a devils hand for you blue. i also have 2 other sinularia frags and one devils hand i think they are already taken not sure who called it first i will look threw the thread and mark the bags.

does anyone want any colt?

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 02:37 PM
I'll take a frag of that if you don't mind.BTW how much phyto do you need??I can bring more at the next meeting(two weeks).Blue

mx_tang
07/19/2003, 02:39 PM
Hey muzzelfuzz,

I think I asked for the sinularia and devil's hand after Blue. BTW, how big is the colt? I'll take a small frag if you have more than one. Otherwise, no worries if you don't.

Thanks! I've also got some phyto and some frags for you...

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 02:44 PM
Oh is that how it is now,Mike????You are taking my customers away from me?:p How am I to make a living if you are going to undercut my prices??Gezz....some people!Blue

mx_tang
07/19/2003, 03:26 PM
Oh is that how it is now,Mike????You are taking my customers away from me?:p How am I to make a living if you are going to undercut my prices??Gezz....some people!Blue

Don't bite thy hand whereby one giveth. :lol:

Well, not only am I going to undercut you on giving away your phyto, I'm going to bottle it up and pay people to take off my hands. Sorry, but I've just seen 3 "Progressive Insurance" commercials.

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 03:33 PM
Fine....Then we are competitors!!!I will double your refund and throw in free snails and conches...no coupon required!:D J/K Blue

mx_tang
07/19/2003, 03:42 PM
Hey, well, if you're going to double the difference, then I'm going to start getting my phyto from you, and have some snails and conchs to boot. This is really working out. I'm glad you're in such a generous mood. BTW, If you ever need any phyto, just give it to me, and I'll regift it back to you.

AZDesertRat
07/19/2003, 03:44 PM
Anyone interested in some giant frilly mushrooms. They are each getting about 10" across in my 15G & 20G tanks and take up too much room. I have two to get rid of that have come off the main rock and are on small pieces or rock now. Will have more later.

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 03:45 PM
Great....Now I have you just where I have planned all along!!!In a couple months I will be the only supplier of phyto and you all will be forced to buy from me!!!Gotta think long term !!!Blue

finding nemo
07/19/2003, 03:45 PM
I have 3 salt tanks and would love several if no one else wants them. What do you need in trade or just finding them a home?Originally posted by AZDesertRat
Anyone interested in some giant frilly mushrooms. They are each getting about 10" across in my 15G & 20G tanks and take up too much room. I have two to get rid of that have come off the main rock and are on small pieces or rock now. Will have more later.

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 03:47 PM
RAT,What do you want for the frilly's???I might be able to give you mx tangs snails/conches,J/K!!(not about the mushrooms!).Blue

AZDesertRat
07/19/2003, 03:53 PM
Don't get me in the middle of this! Actually I'll take anything that will fit in my tanks. I have mostly softies but have just started getting into some acro corals thanks to dvj81 and schism. I have two I can bring today for Blue and Nemo and may have others in a month or so.

BLUESMAN
07/19/2003, 03:59 PM
All I'm bringing is Large Turbos,conches,money plant,hermits(they are all being kicked out of all my tanks!!).I might have some RED(yes I mean bright red) Zoos very soon.I've never seen red before and am waiting to see if they grow out.I have two pieces of rock with them.I will have some clove polyps and GSP's soon.Blue..............Don't worry about mx,i have him right where I have planned.

mx_tang
07/19/2003, 04:11 PM
Ahh...but how soon you forget who's a mad scientist? Do you think I'd be so obtuse as to not make streak plates and reserves in force of natural disasters, force majeure, or Blue domination? However, I'll give you 2 points for a Japanese philosophy of gradual overtaking of market share.

Blue, how many red zoo's do you have? I can set you up with some LR rubble to place around the zoo's if you like. Let me know.

AJ, how many children do you need to feed the frilly mushrooms with and do you give them (the kids, not the corals) a selco bath beforehand?

AZDesertRat
07/19/2003, 04:18 PM
I'm missing a couple of Grandkids now that I think about it?
I just 3 different colored zoo cuttings from Schism up in Flagstaff last week. These are my first so I hope they do good. Two have already attached to the rocks I zip tied them to and I am still chasing the third around the tank. Its in a little cave right where I can't reach it, probably next to the leather polyp he gave me also.

muzzelfuzz
07/19/2003, 04:20 PM
ok well i only have 3 sinularia and 2 devils hand so blue had first dibs on 1 sinularia and 1 devils hand, that leaves 2 sinularia and 1 devils hand plus i have 2 colts. mx either way you will get a sinularia frag and maybe next meeting i can frag some more devils hand as he is a slow grower, ok well i will jsut bring what i got and let you all fight over it...lol that should be fun.......j/k i will see ya all at the meeting i should be there around 4ish or a little sooner jsut depends on how long the women takes to get ready...shhhhh i didnt say that out loud did i?

mx_tang
07/19/2003, 04:34 PM
my zoo's never did well until I did major feedings. They colony would double in size in about 2-3 weeks with hourly feedings, no joke. Of course, one would deduce that I really didn't have a full schedule for a good 2-3 weeks while I was feeding the tank that much. Selco(n) really helped them gain biomass in a hurry.

Muzzelfuzz,
Well, I'm not really a fighter, so I'll just resort to some 3-Stooge-esque eye gouging and smash & grab jobs. And if that doesn't work, well, then, we'll just have to see next month. Thanks for the frags btw.

AZDesertRat
07/19/2003, 04:38 PM
Schism told me he used mysis in a turkey baster to feed them. I haven't tried yet but I do still have mysis and the wife brought me home my very own turkey baster. I think she saw my eyeballing the one in the kitchen when I thought she wasn't looking. Selcon is something I don't have but maybe I should get some?

Jfishdr
07/19/2003, 05:34 PM
Hey all,
I just moved back to Gilbert after a 2 year hiatus in Denver. My tank almost made it without problems until the day the movers came and the tank temp skyrocketed with the doors open. Even with Ice in the sump and 2 fans it was easily above 90 in the tank. I lost all my Anthelia and the Zoos aren't too happy now. I'd really be interested in catching some of your meetings. Could someone let me know where the round table is?

Thanks,

Reed

finding nemo
07/19/2003, 08:16 PM
Hi Reed, sorry we missed you, the meeting is or was at 4 to 6pm at The round table pizza at Rural and Ray in Chandler. The meetings are every 2 weeks. So come and join us at the next one. K

Originally posted by Jfishdr
Hey all,
I just moved back to Gilbert after a 2 year hiatus in Denver. My tank almost made it without problems until the day the movers came and the tank temp skyrocketed with the doors open. Even with Ice in the sump and 2 fans it was easily above 90 in the tank. I lost all my Anthelia and the Zoos aren't too happy now. I'd really be interested in catching some of your meetings. Could someone let me know where the round table is?

Thanks,

Reed

finding nemo
07/19/2003, 08:20 PM
Hi Az desert rat, I was at the meeting today but I had forgotten who was going to bring the frillys, sure sorry I missed out. If you still have it I could pick it up at your place?
Let me know
k

Originally posted by AZDesertRat
Don't get me in the middle of this! Actually I'll take anything that will fit in my tanks. I have mostly softies but have just started getting into some acro corals thanks to dvj81 and schism. I have two I can bring today for Blue and Nemo and may have others in a month or so.

AZDesertRat
07/19/2003, 10:57 PM
I wasn't sure who was who. I asked Dave and you had already left. I gave the one for you to Muzzlefuzz I think it was. If you will be at the next DMS meeting I can bring another? If not I can try to make the next FRAG meeting but I live way over off I-17 &Union Hills so I have to pack a lunch to get there. Either way let me know as it will be a week or two before another shroom is ready. Sorry 'bout that. I think you were the one that went home with some blue 'shrooms you brought to trade?
A.J.

finding nemo
07/20/2003, 08:08 AM
Morning AZ, sorry I had missed you also. I was the other lady. I had the green cooler with me. I am not sure if I will make the next meeting but hope to,
Will try and hook up then.
Karen

Originally posted by AZDesertRat
I wasn't sure who was who. I asked Dave and you had already left. I gave the one for you to Muzzlefuzz I think it was. If you will be at the next DMS meeting I can bring another? If not I can try to make the next FRAG meeting but I live way over off I-17 &Union Hills so I have to pack a lunch to get there. Either way let me know as it will be a week or two before another shroom is ready. Sorry 'bout that. I think you were the one that went home with some blue 'shrooms you brought to trade?
A.J.

dvj81
07/22/2003, 04:47 PM
All I might have some RED(yes I mean bright red) Zoos very soon.I've never seen red before and am waiting to see if they grow out.Blue, I'd be interested in some of those red zoo's in the future. It'll be a few weeks before I sent up my new tank so I wouldn't need them for quite a while. If interested, I'll have some sps frags to trade.