PDA

View Full Version : Sad DAy

seaham358
07/09/2003, 11:42 AM
Was feeding the fish the other day and my Scotts Fairy Wrasse jumped out of the tank through a 1/4 space in the back of the tank. That damn fish landed right in the middle of the tank under the heater. I could not reach him. I took me about 3-5 min to get him and put him in a bucket of water. After a few min. I put him back in the main tank. Sorry to say the next day he was still alive but not looking good and the crabs were attacking him so I moved him to the fuge where he passed on to the big ocean in the sky. Thats was $75 bucks down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franks Reef
07/09/2003, 08:38 PM
I don't believe it!!! And ED told me they weren't jumpers!:rolleyes:

He also said that about both of my previous longnose haws!!!:eek:

Sorry for your loss Bob:(

Tomzpc
07/10/2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear it Bob. Those are gorgeous fish.

occb2
07/10/2003, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the Fairy Wrasse. I have to side with Ed on this one, they really are not know to be jumpers. But all fish that are wild caught run the risk of jumping. I had a Blue tang(Hippo) that thought the world was a bigger place, bigger than my 150 and jumped into my corner overflow which had egg crate in it. Needless to say, he passed. Later,
Rob

seaham358
07/11/2003, 08:12 AM
The fish book that Ed sells says that they are known jumpers, that is why I put egg crate in the back of the tank. ( He needs to read it some more) But when I lifted the hood I neglected to push the egg crate back all the way and left the gap for that sucker to jump through. I believe that it was just feeding so fast that it lost track of where it was and whoosh...... Out of the tank...... Sh*t happens.

andro
07/11/2003, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear :( I lost my african frog the same way, but I found him on the other side of my house in my bedroom behind my night stand.