07/08/2003, 07:31 AM
Hi all.

I currently have the following frags for sale or trade:

2 Orange Montipora Digitata ($15 each)
1 Tan Montipora Digitata ($10)
1 Blue Bottle Brush Acropora ($15)
1 Green Tabletop Acropora ($15)
2 Green Star Polyp rocks ($5 each)
Several rocks with tons of blue (purple) mushrooms on it (depends on the size of rock)
1 (20 + lbs) large Caribbean Rock with green star polyps and mushrooms. ($50)

The frags are all mounted and encrusting onto small pieces of frag rocks.

I also have a Teal Acropora (pic in the gallery) and a tan Bird's nest that I can frag a couple of pieces from to sell or trade. I can send pics if interested, but I will try to post them here some time late tonight. At this time, all I am willing to ship are the mushrooms, green star polyps and un-mounted frag (when mounted they tend to get a bit beat up). If you are local to SFLA, I am willing to meet you somewhere or you are welcome to come by the house.

Manny......

RicksReefs
07/08/2003, 06:12 PM
i'd be interested in the GSP rocks,
are you lookin' for any blue or flour. green zoo's,
or maybe some clean up critters?

Treeman
07/08/2003, 08:42 PM
Manny,

I'm interested in the acropora. I don't have any hard corals yet. I have some zoo's, clove polyps, blue ricordia and a couple red mushrooms to trade. I am in Davie.

Matt

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 05:55 AM
Sorry about the pics....I got home late last night and the lights were out. I'll try to get 'em today when I get home.

Ricksreef - I'm interested in the blue zoos for sure. I'll snap some shots of the GSP today and E-mail them to you.

Treeman - Which Acropora are you intrested in? I'm intrested in the Blue Ricorida and Zoos, just let me know which colors you have.

Let me know how you guys want to hook up? I'm live in Miami by downtown Coral Gables.

Manny.........

Treeman
07/09/2003, 12:37 PM
Manny,

I'm really not sure which acropora. You have 3 different? right? You can email or put on your gallery and will look.

I have orange rim/white star inner, black/silver center,and a few others zoo's . I will try and put in gallery. Never tried before.

Ricksreef,
I might be interested in the green zoo's.

Matt

RicksReefs
07/09/2003, 04:03 PM
manny,
since i'm up here in northern south fla. (stuart)
any chance of doing a UPS ground ship ? it's
overnight instate.:cool:

matt,
sounds good, i'll check out your gallery later.
i'd be interested in zoo's, shrooms' or clove.
basically any softie is cool.
same deal with shipping would be cool.

i have some crappy pic's on my (just started) website,
sorry but the digicam i have won't do macro shots.
check the photo album under 'for sale' for an idea
on the zoo's.

thx guys.

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 08:58 PM
OK, here are some of the pics I promised. The lights turned off on me in the middle, so I will post the rest tomorrow.

This first one is a pic of the Tan Monti digitata on the left and the green table acro on the right

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/2-frags.jpg

This one is is basically the same, but you can catch a glimps of the Table mother colony on the left

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/3-corals.jpg

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 08:59 PM
This one is the blue bottlebrush frag and the mother colony

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/blue-bottlebrush-frag.jpg

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/blue-bottlebrush-for-web.jpg

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 09:06 PM
These are the two orange monti digitata frags and the mother colony:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/orange-monti-frag-1.jpg

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/orange-monti-frag-2.jpg

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/orange-monti-for-the-web.jpg

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 09:07 PM
This is the only one I could get of the GSP....the other one was closed. This one is the smaller of the two.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/gsp-frag-1.jpg

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Treeman
Manny,

I'm really not sure which acropora. You have 3 different? right? You can email or put on your gallery and will look.

I have orange rim/white star inner, black/silver center,and a few others zoo's . I will try and put in gallery. Never tried before.

Ricksreef,
I might be interested in the green zoo's.

Matt

Actually I have four different types of frags that are mounted and I've included the pics on this thread. I also have a bird's nest (pic in gallery) that I just haven't fragged in a while. I can take a cutting or two off of it as well. I do have a teal acro (labeled as blue in the gallery), a lavander staghorn, green chesterfieldess, and pink pocillipora frags that are not quite ready to be fragged yet. Let me know which ones you are interested in. All the frags in the pics are mounted and either encrusted to the live rock or started to. The second orange monti and the bottle brush are about 2" long and the others between 1 and 1.5", so they are small.

To place a pic in the gallery, you have to reduce its size to meet RC's max requirements. Then simply just attach it.

Originally posted by ricksreef
manny,
since i'm up here in northern south fla. (stuart)
any chance of doing a UPS ground ship ? it's
overnight instate.:cool:

Funny, I'm going to Hutchinson Island tomorrow morning to play a little golf! Damn shame I didn't read this earlier as we could've coordinated a swap. We can do a UPS exchange, or I can drive up. I go up to my friend's condo all the time, so we can figure something out. Let me ask you, do you attend any of the FMAS meetings? I was thinking of joining and maybe we can meet there for one.

The GSP frags are 2" (smallest and pictured) and 3.5 inches (not pictured). There was a snail sitting on it tonight when I got home, so it was completly closed. Hopefully tomorrow it will be open and I'll snap a shot of it. I also noticed you are interested in shrooms. I have tons of purple (blue) shrooms that I need to get rid of. Let me know if you are interested in these as well.

Here is a older snap of the left side of my tank, which is covered in shrooms....

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/mushrooms.jpg

These range from 1 lbs to 10 lbs and are I think 5 different pieces in there.

I promise to post pics of the rest of the stuff tomorrow.

Manny..........

Treeman
07/09/2003, 09:48 PM
heres one bullseye zoo. the other pictures are to big but I will try and compress em and put some on the gallery.

Thanks, Matt

Reefanatic67
07/09/2003, 09:57 PM
Pretty cool Matt....I can't wait for the other ones!

RicksReefs
07/09/2003, 10:05 PM
dang! you're going right past me to get to hutch. I. :(
i live about a mile n' a half from the stuart I-95 exit.

no, i don't belong to FMAS, thought about it but i was
driving up to orlando for the ORCA meets n' gettin'
home at 1am, then acclimating the new frags got to
be a hassle. so i didn't feel like fighting the nightmare
going on on I-95 down south.

man, i guess you've got a few shrooms!! i've already
got some, but any you want to unload is still cool.

matt, those are some pretty sweet zoo's!!

Reefanatic67
07/10/2003, 06:25 AM
Oh well....I'm pretty sure I'll go up again next weekend for another round.

Treeman
07/10/2003, 09:27 PM
Manny,

I'm interested in the 1 orange monti digitata and 1 blue bottle brush acropora. I put some pictures on my gallery last night and will attach 2 more here. See if there is anything your interested in.

Ricksreef,

What color zoos do you have?

matt

Treeman
07/10/2003, 09:33 PM
one more.

Manny, How do you put an image on here? Does it have to be on a website already? Thanks.

Matt

Oh, I also have a nice red zoo I can frag, not like the bullseye.

RicksReefs
07/10/2003, 09:45 PM
manny, if you want to wait till your up this
way again, that's cool. then you can cherry pick.:cool:

matt, i have 3-4 shades of blue, 3-4 green, & a bunch of
misc. combo's in blue/pink/white/grey/brown,etc...
i'm basically missing the reds & oranges in my frag tanks,
so any you have to spare......:cool:

i've a buddy coming over this weekend, & he has a
good digicam. hopefully i'll be able to post some decent pic's.

Treeman
07/10/2003, 09:53 PM
Ricksreef

I would like to get some blues. But every one I have gotten have been tan or brown when they get to me. I don't mean they start out blue and turn in a couple of weeks. I mean they aclimate to the tank and open and they are brown. I have gotten them from good sources on RC so I don't think it was any kind of camera bug. Don't know if it is lighting. What is yours?

I should have some reds and bullseyes soon they are fragged and growing now.

Matt

RicksReefs
07/10/2003, 10:05 PM
my frag tanks have 65W LOA PC's on'em, about
1' from the frags (including water depth). i'll garuantee
they're not brown when you get'em. if you have halides, i'd start'em out low.

Reefanatic67
07/11/2003, 06:51 AM
Manny,

I'm interested in the 1 orange monti digitata and 1 blue bottle brush acropora. I put some pictures on my gallery last night and will attach 2 more here. See if there is anything your interested in.

matt

Matt, I'm interested in the blue ricordia, yellow/orange zoos and/or the bullseye zoos. How do you want to exchange? I don't mind driving to Lauderdale....or you can come down....your choice! :D

One question, do you have halides? If not, then the blue bottlebrush will turn brown on you. These require lots of light, and at 10K. The orange monti will be OK under VHO or PC as long as you place it high enough in the tank.

manny, if you want to wait till your up this
way again, that's cool. then you can cherry pick.:cool:

I may be back tomorrow.:eek1: It all depends on if my buddy is going to drive up to his condo...if not, then next weekend for sure! Let's exchange #'s via PM and I'll give you a shout if I'm coming up. Also, let me know what you want and I'll hold it for you. I know you mentioned the GSP and some shrooms, anything else?

Thanks guys.

Manny.......

Reefanatic67
07/11/2003, 06:54 AM
Rick, I forgot to snap shots of the other GSP....dang. :mad: I'll get it today. Sorry.

RicksReefs
07/11/2003, 06:11 PM
manny,
don't sweat the pic, i'll see it in person. ;)
i've got buddies coming over from the west
coast to dive early tomorrow, followed by a
drive up to melbourne for the inaugural meeting
of the Brevard Area Reef Society (BARS,check it @
www.reefers.org ) at 2PM. no idea when we'll
be back. sundays dedicated to more diving.
we might be able to hook up late afternoon/early
evening on sunday if your on your way back home.
otherwise we can set something up for next weekend.

i'm interested in basically anything softie, zoo, shroom,
leathers, got any chaetomorpha?, polyps,LPS,etc..
i'm running overdrive NO's in my reef, with (theoretically)
480 watts, but i've found the SPS just don't do to well
in it. my clams are fine?? so i stick with softies & LPS.

Treeman
07/12/2003, 08:00 AM
Manny,

I am in town this weekend and the begining of next week. If you want to come up and pick from what I have thats OK by me.I'm not that familar with miami. The only day I can't is probably Mon.

I don't have MH so I guess the only one I can get is the orange Monti. Either frag is fine by me. Will they grow in different forms since they look different?

A couple purple mushrooms would be cool to.

Ricksreef,

Get me some pics of the zoo's, you can email me or post. Up to you. I will get you some pics of each frag. We can trade or if Manny is coming up maybe he can bring em to you. I do have boxes so its not a problem to ship.

Matt

RicksReefs
07/12/2003, 08:46 AM
i'll try, these look better than the pic's.

RicksReefs
07/12/2003, 08:56 AM
another

Reefanatic67
07/12/2003, 05:40 PM
Manny,

I am in town this weekend and the begining of next week. If you want to come up and pick from what I have thats OK by me.I'm not that familar with miami. The only day I can't is probably Mon.

I don't have MH so I guess the only one I can get is the orange Monti. Either frag is fine by me. Will they grow in different forms since they look different?

A couple purple mushrooms would be cool to.

Ricksreef,

Get me some pics of the zoo's, you can email me or post. Up to you. I will get you some pics of each frag. We can trade or if Manny is coming up maybe he can bring em to you. I do have boxes so its not a problem to ship.

Matt

Matt, how 'bout sometime tomorrow afternoon? Say 2PM? I'll PM you my number so just give me a ring.

The grow the same, it is I just cut the frags differently. They first encrust and spread on the rock before they grow up. The pic of the second one is longer because I fragged it that way, but has not started encrusting. The pic of the first one has already encrusted and began to grow up. I'll snap shots of both and let you decide in the end.

Manny.......

Reefanatic67
07/13/2003, 08:29 AM
Matt, here are two more pics of the Orange Monti frags:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/orangemonti1.jpg

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mag67/orangemonti2.jpg

As you can see, the second one is already encrusted and started to grow vertically.

Manny.........

RicksReefs
07/13/2003, 09:21 PM
my buddy took these about a month ago,
i have others, but these are the pics that
came out decent. i should have more ina
day or two.

RicksReefs
07/13/2003, 09:21 PM
another

RicksReefs
07/13/2003, 09:22 PM
n' another

RicksReefs
07/13/2003, 09:23 PM
ditto :D

RicksReefs
07/13/2003, 09:25 PM
the end, (for now).
.now, can someone teach me to
attach more than 1 pic per post :rolleyes:

Reefanatic67
07/14/2003, 05:36 AM
Looking good Rick! :thumbsup: Hey, I will probably come up Saturday if that is OK with you. I'm really interested in the blue zoos more than anything.

By the way, I went to Matt's place yesterday and he's got a real nice setup! :smokin: Since his home is right off the turnpike, I did tell him that I would be willing to act as the courier service between you guys, so if you work something out, let me know.

C'ya

Manny.........

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 05:19 PM
great, thanks.
i'm supposed to be diving till at least
5PM on sat., could you make it late sat.
or sun.? if not, let me know & i'll see
about switching dive days.

BTW here's some pic's as of sat nite.

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 05:20 PM

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 05:27 PM

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 05:27 PM
:rolleyes:

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 05:32 PM

Reefanatic67
07/14/2003, 06:46 PM
great, thanks.
i'm supposed to be diving till at least
5PM on sat., could you make it late sat.
or sun.? if not, let me know & i'll see
about switching dive days.

BTW here's some pic's as of sat nite.

Sunday afternoon would be fine.....I'll take a couple of rocks of mushrooms and both GSP so that you can pick, unless you end up with both of them! :D

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 07:14 PM
kewl, thx manny.
i'll talk you outa whatever you bring :D :cool:

matt, so what do you still have left now
that manny cherry picked. :p :D

Reefanatic67
07/14/2003, 07:48 PM
I have a funny feeling you will! :D

I didn't do too much damage at Matt's place, but his setup is real sweet! :smokin: It wasn't because I wasn't tempted, it is just that I'm aquascaping my 58 again and I don't know how much room I'll be left with.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have some frogspawn frags? Matt had a nice large frogspawn, but he didn't have any frags of it that I saw and forgot to ask. :(

Manny.......

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 08:24 PM
no, sorry. all i have for stonies ATM is a few brains
a 2 head frag o' candycane & a peach acro frag.
the acro might be up for grabs tho'.

Treeman
07/14/2003, 09:48 PM
Ricksreef

I was gone most of the day so I didn't get any new pictures. I will go thru the pics I have and take new ones and post or email them. Email seems to be easier for me. Like you its one per page. There are a few in my gallery.

Manny

It was great to meet you! And thanks for the praise.:o

Matt

Treeman
07/14/2003, 09:53 PM
Oh, Manny

I will frag that frogspawn when it gets bigger if you want a piece. I wasn't going to, you know, let it get really big but it doesn't matter. Right now though it isn't very strong were it needs to be cracked. there is only about a half inch from were it splits to the new growth. From what I have read it needs to be bigger.

Matt

RicksReefs
07/14/2003, 10:38 PM
matt,
any orange/red zoo or ric/shroom, is cool.
or any other softie too.

Treeman
07/16/2003, 09:18 PM
Ricksreef,

I PM'd you.

Let me know what you want to do. I think I got some things your looking for and if you would rather have more but smaller it doesn't matter to me. If your busy this week to set up something we can ship next week. I will be gone fri and maybe sat am. Have to go to the keys for my boat. But I can do something depending on timing.

You know what else I'm looking for is a blue, pink, white pulsing xenia. Just a small one.

Talk to ya soon.

Matt

RicksReefs
07/16/2003, 09:36 PM
matt, i got your PM, i'm interested in
what you offered. i just need to check
to be sure i still have what you wanted.
i was gonna check today, but i came home
to a nerite snail lodged in my overflow,
with the expected results :( so i didn't get
a chance. i'm still putting things back together.
i'll PM you tomorrow.
i do have pink/biege RS pulsing pompom xenia.

RicksReefs
07/16/2003, 09:46 PM
matt, i should mention the only zoo i'm
not sure i still have is zoo-a, i might have
a couple frags left,i just need to check,
but that nerite was in my prop system
overflow, & of course the water managed
to trip my gfci, which meant no lights, so
my zoo's were closed up.

Treeman
07/16/2003, 09:46 PM
Ricksreef

What is it about snails, it seems they now exactly where there not supposed to go. Hope everything is cool with the tank.

I'll take a xenia. Just let me know what else you want. If you don't have what I asked about thats OK we can do it a little different. Or can get some more later. Doesn't matter to me.

Talk to you tommorrow.

Matt

PS. Are you going to Orlando on July 26?

RicksReefs
07/16/2003, 10:12 PM
ya, he knew just where to go, he created havoc
with 9 tanks (in line) AND had to go 3" out of the
water, climb over gutter guard, back up & into
the overflow pipe. he almost became puffer food.

i'll toss in the xenia for ya, what you PM'ed me is
cool. i have other cool zoo's, they just weren't
photogenic when my buddy with the digicam came over.
i'll hook you up.

ya, i'll be checking out the calfo talk/statewide
frag trade/sale in orlando.

ReefM@ster
07/16/2003, 10:26 PM
Reefanatic67

I have a pink digitata that I can frag.

I am interested in the orange digitatat frag.

Reefanatic67
07/17/2003, 08:27 AM
Matt and Rick, do you still need me to deliver? If so, let me know. Rick, I'm still a go to come up Sunday afternoon....probably around 2 or 3 PM. The only caveat is that I might have to work....and won't know that until Friday.

Matt, as far as the frogspawn frag...don't worry too much about it. I saw it wasn't ready that is why I didn't even ask. ;) If and when you are ready to frag that bad boy, let me know, but I might have a trade already in the works for a softball size Frogsawn with an LFS for my huge Caribbean rock with shrooms and GSP. I'm losing out, but what the hell. I need to get this rock out of my tank.

Originally posted by ReefM@ster
Reefanatic67

I have a pink digitata that I can frag.

I am interested in the orange digitatat frag.

Still have one orange frag. If you look at the pictures, it is the long one. It has not started to encrust the rock it is on, but the polyps open and extend daily. Let me know how you want to work this out. I live east of downtown Gables.

Manny........

ReefM@ster
07/17/2003, 10:40 AM
Manny

You got a PM

Treeman
07/17/2003, 11:12 AM
Ricksreef,

That all sounds good to me. I will send a couple extra if they look good, they might be a little small though. What about clove polyps?

Manny,

If you can deliver on sunday thats cool. If you have to work its no problem. If you can't get up there and want to ship with some of my stuff thats good to. We can just keep in touch and decide friday.

MAtt

RicksReefs
07/17/2003, 04:31 PM
manny, ya delivery would be cool, i'll find a little
somethin' for your troubles. ;) hopefully you can
make it, if not shipping's cool too.

matt, ok cool,
ya clove's cool too. i had a nice mother colony
that crashed on me recently:confused: right after i
shipped my last frags of it. maybe i fragged it to much...

Rick

Reefanatic67
07/18/2003, 08:02 PM
OK, looks like I won't be working on Sunday.....so I'll head to Rick's place in the afternoon. Matt, what time can I come by? I'll be working tomorrow, so just dial my cell. Rick, as soon as I get the details from Matt, I'll call your cell and fill you in.

Rick, just to ensure, you wanted both GSP's and some mushrooms. Matt, I'll drop off a couple of frags of the birdsnest for you as I promised last time.

C'ya guys on Sunday.

Manny.......

RicksReefs
07/18/2003, 08:22 PM
yup, the GSP & any shrooms r' cool.
i'll wait to hear from you.

Treeman
07/18/2003, 11:27 PM
Manny,

When are you coming back?
I can meet you on sunday but I have to leave in the afternoon to go to the keys. I'll probably be back late monday night. I don't know if that works.

Matt

Reefanatic67
07/20/2003, 07:47 PM
Rick, Matt, just to give you a quick update....All corals acclimated and beginning to open! :thumbsup:

Rick, it was a real pleasure meeting you today. It was a loooong drive, but after seeing what you put in the bag I think it was worth it :smokin: Thanks for that deep blue Zoo.....it has an awesome color. Once I have a few of frags of those green mushrooms, I'll save you a set of polyps. I forgot I have a shot of them in my gallery so take a look when you get your computer up and running.

Matt, thanks for the pink zoo. I had been looking for some like that for a while. These have begun to open and my wife loves 'em (extra bonus!) I'll give you a ring if I go up to Orlando...that way we can meet up there. Also, let me know how that monti turns out. If you are interested in the green shrooms as well, let me know. They do take a while to grow, so those will be a while before I can frag them.

Best regards,

Manny……

RicksReefs
07/20/2003, 10:14 PM
Hey Manny,
ya, cool meeting you too. i'm glad you like your stuff &
it was worth the haul up here.
yup, put me on the frag list for those green shrooms. :D
thx again for the shrooms & GSP's

Matt,
nice ricordea! & that red/green dot shroom is cool.
thx for all the frags. :cool: hope you like your new
zoo's :smokin:

crap, i just reread the thread n' forgot you wanted
some xenia. let me know if you still want it.

thanks guys, let's do it again sometime. :thumbsup:

Treeman
07/21/2003, 08:46 PM
OK, Rick and Manny,

Just got in and was able to finally see the zoos open. And Rick they look great:eek1: The greens and blues have really great color. Rick, I may have some green shrooms. I'll put a picture in my gallery soon. The reds are very slow but the greens are pretty fast. I would like the xenia sometime but we can do something later. I thought about in Orlando but probably can't as I will probably spend Sunday night up there. Don't think they should sit that long.

Manny,
Thanks again for running up there. I owe you one.:beer:

Matt

RicksReefs
07/21/2003, 09:09 PM
hey matt, cool. glad ya like'em.
ya,i'm sure we can figure something
out with the shrooms/xenia. :cool:

Reefanatic67
07/22/2003, 07:01 AM
I'm glad everyone is happy with their stuff.

Matt, it was my pleasure to do that. BTW - I probably won't go to Orlando on Sat...have to work. :mad: But you know the old saying, I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go! :rolleyes:

Ohhh before I forget, I was talking to you about the Container Store; well here is a link to their website:

http://www.containerstore.com/

HTH - with what you are looking for. If not, Lowes has a pretty good selection as well.

Rick, here is the link to the Florida Marine Aquarium Society:

http://www.fmas1955.org/

Like I said, I am seriously considering joining. Matt is a member and he can fill you in with more details of what they do.

Take care and talk to you all later!

Manny........