PDA

View Full Version : any cool millepora frags?

robthorn
07/07/2003, 01:11 PM
looking for millepora frags near tampa or preferably in pinellas county. Wanting to trade I have blue acro stag. orange capricornus a very small piece of green/purple tipped capricornus. some other acros and xenia.
If anyone has any other stony frags you think I must have let me know also.
Not into paying with my limbs. that means don't think your coral doesn't stink please because someone else out there has the same thing for a decent price and I am very patient.

robthorn
07/17/2003, 11:23 AM
please

scubadude
07/17/2003, 01:34 PM
got pics of your blue acro stag?

robthorn
07/17/2003, 02:53 PM
I do but no way to post them tonytooth and I shared a colony awhile back and I think he may have a pic or 2 on here

robthorn
07/17/2003, 02:55 PM
someplace on here sells 1 inch frags of the blue stag for $75-90 its a nice piece if I would have never used crystal sea bio assay junk salt. I still have enough but only about half what I had . we should be able to sue there butts. I lost 7 corals I think and I am ******

scubadude
07/17/2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by robthorn
someplace on here sells 1 inch frags of the blue stag for $75-90 its a nice piece if I would have never used crystal sea bio assay junk salt. I still have enough but only about half what I had . we should be able to sue there butts. I lost 7 corals I think and I am ******

LOL then you probably dont want my mille's they are growing in BIO assay :rolleyes: Heres one of them growing in the junk

http://www.coralfragz.com/images/greenhouse/jun03/fragi.jpg

Rocky

robthorn
07/18/2003, 06:17 AM
yeah you are one of the lucky ones ask your buddy chuck/mako about bio assay he has had the same results as so many other people.
that by the way is a nice fuzzy piece. hopefully my stag will stop rtn I keep breaking it and it keeps on going. this is the way every coral in my tank has been since trying bio assay. I never in my life lost a coral until bio assay. I am over it already I think . I just did my first water change to IO hopefully it will help it has several other people. hey check out joe burgers web site and see what bio assay did for him. It is very scary. I will keep in touch I met you in oldsmar and talked to you on the phone I am the chiller guy :)

scubadude
07/18/2003, 06:40 AM
yeah i remember you Rob :) Im sorry if I came off strong but I just dont think we have seen the end of bioassay and I dont think anyone who has been a strong user of IO for years can letitimately claim that IO is better than bioassay....and vice versa. I believe it or not had some of the same downfalls on my 220g when I switched to bioassay as chuck (mako) did, one of the most apparent ones was ricordeas fade out their colors (bleaching affect) ya know its my belief that ricordeas love nutrient rich waters, its all just speculation on my behalf. but where would we be w/out debate, everyone would follow suit and we probably wouldnt learn that much. My thoughts are to see what bioassay does in the long run.....I ultimately would love to run a system (maybe my sps sys) on bioassay, and run a system (maybe my softies) on IO for years and see what happens, but ultimately it would be more logical for scientific reasons to run 2 different systems both housing same corals but the 2 diff salts, for long term to see outcome. Only time will tell my freind :)

robthorn
07/18/2003, 07:59 AM
hey don't worry I didn't take anything the wrong way.
I am a quiter I guess because I can't stand watching all my hard work simply die. i was using tropic marin before with great results but it is getting so expensive so I decided to go cheap. I am trying IO now because it is also cheap and so many people are having success using it I figure it can't be all that bad.
most of the tanks of the month seem to be using IO except this month is tropic marin. I just got my 180 running so I am always on the lookout for bargains.
Aren't you near ft.meyers? I will be there for a couple days the 2nd week of august if it's still ok to stop by.

scubadude
07/18/2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by robthorn

Aren't you near ft.meyers? I will be there for a couple days the 2nd week of august if it's still ok to stop by.

Yeah rob im about 20 min. north of Ft. Myers....sure you can stop by just email me about 2-3 days b4 you head down and Ill give you my digits....the only other thing I think I might be doing is diving :-)

Rocky