PDA

View Full Version : Ric's and colors

Sallylightfoot
07/06/2003, 09:19 PM
Hi, Just wanted to ask you all what you thought of Blowfish Aquatics for Ricordia?? I am thinking about getting the 9 for 99 special. Just thought I would ask.
TIA,
Sal

liao
07/06/2003, 09:32 PM
I would like to know also. I am considering ordering from about 4 different sources that have similar packages to get a greater diversity.
54 corner bowfront mushroom and polyp reef.

Sallylightfoot
07/06/2003, 10:07 PM
Liao,

What are some of the other places you are considering??? I would like to check them out also. I just got an email from Blowfish Aquatics and my shipping will be from 40.00 to 45.00. I have to take that into consideration also.
Thanks!

sinned
07/06/2003, 10:44 PM
I have purchased from Bryan at Blowfish and Darren at Palmetto Reef, both
are very professional, as well as knowledgeable. Both are RC members.
Both will spend the time with all your concerns.... these vendors need to
be supported!! My 2cents.... Dennis (fish2223)

Sallylightfoot
07/06/2003, 10:53 PM
Thank you so much!!! I think I am going to do it. I totally agree about supporting the ones we know are the good ones.
Thanks agian! :)

chet-tonja
07/07/2003, 02:29 AM
I've gotten numerous ricordia from Bryan...www.BlowfishAquatics.com as he is pretty close to where I live. He will help out in any way he can and he has very nice stuff. I've never dealt with Palmetto, but I hear nothing but good things.

reefkeeper1
07/07/2003, 04:09 PM
I had great results with the 9 for $99 offer. I received fluorescent pinks, yellows and a teal. I also received more than 9 polyps. Some of the polyps will be loose or attached to very small pieces of rubble, so be ready to superglue the polyps or to put them in a protected, low flow area with rubble to give them time to attach so that they don't blow away. I lost a nice teal and a fluorescent yellow since I didn't properly secure them :(

TEW
07/08/2003, 12:39 PM
I've had nothing but excellent experiences with both Bryan at Blowfish Aquatics and Darren at Palmetto Reefs. Both of these guys are very knowledgeble and take the time to share their expertise on the Boards and with their customers. Great livestock and great customer service IMHO. Don't hesitate to contact or do business with either of them!
Tom

TIGER SHARK
07/08/2003, 02:24 PM
The 9 for $99 from blowfish is the best deal IMO. You get the colors you ask for, unless they are the rare reds or yellows, and you always get more than 9 polyps.

Sallylightfoot
07/08/2003, 02:38 PM
Hi, Thanks to all. I sent an email asking what colors I would be getting and I think I am going to go ahead and order. Woo hoo!!!! Will let you all know how it go's!!

Rezzan1
07/08/2003, 02:41 PM
They hook it up nice. Great to work with!

Sallylightfoot
07/08/2003, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone! Just an update to tell you all that tomorrow I should have new Ric's!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!! I will keep you posted on what I got. Just like having a baby and not knowing if its a boy or a girl!!

Zepplin
07/08/2003, 06:17 PM
I am kind of late for the discussion, but I ordered the 9 for 99 a couple months ago. The ricordeas sent were fabulous. Most of them were attached to a small piece of rock, so I picked out a nice big rock from my sump, and glued all the smaller rocks on top. It looks like I have a nice big colony. Many of the ricordeas I received in this deal have split already. Bryan is a very nice man to do business with. Like many of the others said Darren at ricordea.com is a similiarly excellent vendor.

Bryan Thompson (RC handle-Bryan Thompson)

www.blowfishaquatics.com

Darren (RC handle-Palmetto)

www.ricordea.com

It might be better, if in the future, threads such as these are posted in the VENDOR'S FORUM. Commercial discussions in the general forums upset the mods

-Meg :)

Sallylightfoot
07/08/2003, 06:53 PM
Meg,
Is there anyway to move this thread. I am so sorry, I guess I didn't think that it would be come about the company as much as the Rics. Sorry, :(

Zepplin
07/08/2003, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, you didn't know. I'm certainly not worried about it. When you receive the ricordeas, if you wish to make a vendor review, just post it in the vendor's forum. Of course, we always love to see pictures here in the mushroom forum.

-Meg :)

Sallylightfoot
07/08/2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks much!!! And I love that puffer pic. Looks like E.T. :)

Sallylightfoot
07/09/2003, 03:01 PM
Hi all, Got the Rics today and will let you all know about the colors when they open up a bit.

Nyxll
07/18/2003, 01:13 AM
So what color are the rics?

I know you got excited & prolly forgot all about us waitin to see some pics :)

Greg

TIGER SHARK
07/18/2003, 04:15 AM
From my past experiences, most of my ricordia lost a lot of color after being shipped. Given the right conditions tho, they should color up in about 2-3 weeks.

Sallylightfoot
07/18/2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I got into waiting for them to open to forgetting you all wanted to see. I will include a couple of pics. I have a question about all the mouths???? If that means what I think it means I am going to have alot more than I ordered. Do they only do this when splitting or are they perfectly happy with 3 mouths??? Thanks for the reminder to post.

Sallylightfoot
07/18/2003, 09:55 AM
Another

acroporas
07/18/2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Sallylightfoot
Sorry, I got into waiting for them to open to forgetting you all wanted to see. I will include a couple of pics. I have a question about all the mouths???? If that means what I think it means I am going to have alot more than I ordered. Do they only do this when splitting or are they perfectly happy with 3 mouths??? Thanks for the reminder to post.

It is very common for R. florida to have several mouths. It doesnt have to be 2 either, there can really be a bunch. Right now 2 of mine have 5 mouths.

SaltwaterSensei
07/20/2003, 11:09 PM
those look great!!!

I was wondering.....what was the shipping or is the shipping part of the 9 for 99 deal?

Sallylightfoot
07/20/2003, 11:11 PM
was about 42.00 but I am about as far away as I can get from them.

SaltwaterSensei
07/21/2003, 03:19 AM
so you pay shipping? its not included in the 99... Thats still a good deal imo. Where is this 9 for 99 deal located? I wonder what the shipping would be to 92692......

Sallylightfoot
07/21/2003, 08:58 AM
I thought so too! I will do it again when I get more funds. Here is the link. Bryan is awesome!!!!!!!!
http://www.blowfishaquatics.com

Stormbringer22
07/22/2003, 01:36 AM
Nice Ricordia! They look just like that in Bryans pics as well.