PDA

View Full Version : Another power buy idea

montepora
07/01/2003, 11:27 PM
Guys:

The MH power buy came out pretty good so I have another idea for the powerbuy for LIRA only. Learning from the MH experence I now have some ideas on how to run this thing more smoothly.

Since our meeting date is still two weeks away, I think we have ample time to do this. Again, it is just an idea and would love to see how folks react to it. LET'S BUY FRAGS------ ORA FRAGS!!

If there is enough interest, I will contact www.coralcity.com for more information. I spoke to Allen few days ago and he is willing to work with us. The frags are all ORA Aquacultured and I believe he can get small ORA aquacultured clams too.

The whole idea is to pool an order to offset the shipping and have the corals delivered to the meeting place on Saturday. If not the up coming meeting?? Then the meeting after.

If you dudes are interested, I will ask for the full list of what he can definitely get for us then post the list here. I will get the price per frag shipped so everyone could get the exact price before jumping in.

What do you think????

Evergreen
07/02/2003, 12:49 AM
too bad they offer nothing but SPS? a clam would be nice though.

fishome25
07/02/2003, 12:52 AM
why not just power buy them from les? they will still come from the same place, but we will skip the shipping all together and give him some business. I'm sure he would try hard to match any price from coral city.

onegreenray
07/02/2003, 06:18 AM
wonder if les could get some harder to find small squamossa clams. i could deffinatly go for that. i think the les idea is a better one then bring the frags or clams to the next meeting. because it is easier for me to stop by les at the store to pick up clams then to go to meeting times. also could you se what there prices would be for some small maximas or squamossa's?
thx

montepora
07/02/2003, 08:15 AM
Ok, then let's call this thing off and have someone near Les to arrange this. Maybe we can get a list of corals that Les could help us get from ORA. :)

ADS
07/02/2003, 09:34 AM
ORA does have soft coral frags also. They primarily aquaculture clowns,gobies/dottybacks. They have small farmed clams, and limited sps frags. They also sell macroalgae and conchs(cultured).
Adam

MIKE NY
07/02/2003, 04:35 PM
I would be interested in either a SPS or clam power buy....count me in.