PDA

View Full Version : Love the book!

robertnb64
07/01/2003, 07:52 PM
Anthony I love book! You, Bob and all the others who helped did a great job. I am so happy you delayed it the add content, it was well worth the wait. I am looking forward to vol 2 & 3 as well as vol 2 of your coral prop book. With all the bad advice out there at the lfs level it's great to have people like you, Bob and all the others who give so much. :beer: :thumbsup: :reading:

Anthony Calfo
07/02/2003, 01:22 AM
Wow... thanks kindly for the compliments my friend! Sincerely appreciated and inspiring. :)

Indeed... Bob and I wrestled over the delay or not... but felt we really needed to include the extra content and have no regrets in hindsight. Only a 12 week delay at that... everyone has been so understanding of it.

For volume two with Reef Fishes... we are struggling with edits now to determine what to keep and what not to include. Frustrating but necessary... one of our biggest concerns is that these books be jam packed and affordable above all. What good would writing 1200 page volumes be if few people could afford to buy them?

Great to hear from you again,

best regards!

Anthony

Lunchbucket
07/03/2003, 06:03 AM
i just got the reef inverts book yesterday. the photos are AMAZING...and i thumbed through and skimmed soem stuff and the content looks wonderful!! can't wait to sit down and actually read through some of it.

i too am awaiting the reliease of coral prop vol 2 and a few other books

great job!
Lunchbucket

ReefCorner
07/03/2003, 02:05 PM
Hi Anthony,

I just received my autographed book yesterday. Excellent photos.
My son Christopher is very excited. Excellent learning tool for him. He is fasinated by reef inverts.

PS. The BTA still did not split. It's getting larger and larger.

bluereefs
07/07/2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Anthony:)
Do you know when we from other planet can expect your new book?I know is long distance but I cant wait any more,please contact comander Kirk and teleport your book.
:D
Serious,do you send international orders together with domestic?

Anthony Calfo
07/07/2003, 06:17 PM
Reefcorner- amazing about that BTA :p It must be on the wolf cookie and gorrilla milk diet :D

Bluereefs- we posted the international orders on Monday. I'd have to check with Diana Fenner to see/confirm if Global Priority was available to Croatia for you or not. If so... the book would arrive in 10 days or less. She flew off to dive in Malaysia and won't be back for another two weeks! Please do keep me posted regarding the arrival of your book. Its wonderful to hear from folks so far across the globe :) We sent books to Antartica, the North Pole, Israel and Turkey just to name a few. A wonderful age that we live in.

Kind regards to all,

Anthony

Roadie
07/11/2003, 10:07 AM
Anthony,

I'm from that other planet called Kansas and haven't received my book yet. :(

I preordered so I could get yours/Bob's ink (only other autographed book I have is My Favorite Summer by Mickey Mantle) and put all appropriate info on the order page. It gave me an order number so I thought all was fine. Did I need to do something else?

Anthony Calfo
07/11/2003, 10:17 AM
Hey, Roadie :)

Very sorry about the book. It indeed should have arrived days ago (all were posted by 7/3/03).

Drop me a PM or an e-mail with your order number if handy (name/mailing addy if no) and I will look into it immediately.

Thanks my friend,

Anthony

bluereefs
08/07/2003, 02:46 PM
Hello Anthony:)
I get your book before 20 days,sorry I dont notify you before,book is excellent and is one of the book that any reefer must have(and your first book too).
Thank you for your signature and 100 $ which I find inside the book(I asume that is for advertising purposes:D ).
More questions will come when I finish reading,mostly about beautifully colored algae.
Kind regards:)