PDA

View Full Version : New B needs some stuff

fishguysi
06/30/2003, 11:13 PM
Hey I'm close to the Knoxville area and I starting a new reef tank. This is my first try at this so will see how it goes. I had a 55 gallon aga tank but sold it because I wanted something bigger 90 to 120 gallon. Does anyone have one of these for sale? I found a place on the net ( http://www.petcircuit.com ) that has 120 gallon reef ready tanks for 229 located in Atlanta so I can drive to pick this up save on shipping. Do you think that is a good deal? I need a protein skimmer and I'm looking for 150 to 200 pounds of sand. Can’t find any of the yardright or Southdown brand sand at the local home depot guess I may have to break down and buy some aquarium sand. If you know where I can get some cheap sand that would be great.

Thanks for any info you have to offer

semba
06/30/2003, 11:21 PM
Fishguysi,

I made a short roadtrip and bought some Old Castle/Southdown in Lexington KY over the weekend. They had several pallets left; it was at the Home Depot on Richmond Road.

Good Luck!

fishguysi
07/01/2003, 09:02 AM
Thx

Pandarian
07/01/2003, 10:57 AM
hey man. check out www.glasscages.com for tanks. they are located in nashville and their tanks are really cheap. however, i havent seen any of thier tanks in person nor do i know anybody that has one. so i dont know the quality. you can be our genuine pig :D

fishguysi
07/01/2003, 11:51 AM
Gave them a call Seems like they have some good stuff they use glass for bracing which he said was much stronger and lasted longer then plastic bracing. The price was good but they want 20 bucks per hole and 20 bucks for an overflow. So that adds 60 bucks or so to the price of the tank. You have to wait 1 week for the silicon to cure and 3 weeks to put water in it. Then you only have a 90-day warrantee. 21 days are shot waiting to put water in it I may still get one I’ll keep you guys posted