PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2 Premium Refractometers

Fishguru
06/30/2003, 10:25 PM
I have 2 Brand new (still in plastic) Premium refractometers left. These are the Blue Refractometers with Calibration solution and Case. Each are $45 shipped-Brent

jazznreef
07/01/2003, 11:46 AM
I'll give you $40 shipped to 98109. How do you want payment?

bdr127
07/01/2003, 12:14 PM
What are "premium" refractometers? Do you mean Premium Aquatics Refractometer?

skippy2
07/01/2003, 12:17 PM
How much if I pick up? I will be in Portage Sat. afternnon.

Fishguru
07/01/2003, 06:07 PM
Skippy, $40 if you pick it up. If you will pick up they are all spoken for-Brent

skippy2
07/01/2003, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry. A friend just told me this afternoon he will get me one. Sorry if I held you up any.

Fishguru
07/01/2003, 06:53 PM
no problem, there are many others who will want it $45 shipped, will not go lower, will donate to my local club before i go lower, They sell for $69.95 from the place i got them from

These are not Premium Aquatics refractometers, they are a Blue PRHS-10ATC Which is made of Heavy duty material compare to the black generic Refractometer. It also comes with a 2 yr warranty, instead of the 1 yr. They are brand new, left over from a goup buy-Brent

jazznreef
07/01/2003, 08:02 PM
i wouldn't be so quick to judge, 40 shipped isnt a bad price to offer. there are hundreds of these things around these boards. trust me, group buys for these have been very very common over the past few months. i, however, didnt get in on one, so i'm looking now.

Fishguru
07/01/2003, 08:21 PM
May not be a bad price, but these are new, and the warranty is honored, so.....anyways, they are all spoken for.. thanks-Brent

bdr127
07/01/2003, 08:26 PM
Do you have a link to the product somewhere online?

The closest thing I could find online was
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=REFRACT-PA
It's blue and says "RHS-10ATC" (without a "P" at the beginning). But you said it's "Premium"... not "Premium Aquatics"... So I dunno. :confused:

Fishguru
07/01/2003, 09:32 PM
www.diyreef.com is where i got them from-Brent

Leopardshark
07/10/2003, 12:55 PM
Not to be an a$*hole but they are at $43 over there right now
Marco

jazznreef
07/10/2003, 03:03 PM
exactly... i thought his response to my offer of 40 was absured. "would rather donate it to my club than go lower". come on man. i got one at 40 shipped within an hour after posting my response above. 40 shipped was fair but if he got 45 then more power to him. just don't say i'm not being fair at 40.

Fishguru
07/10/2003, 03:32 PM
They are all sold, thread can be closed-thanks

ken and mel
07/10/2003, 06:05 PM
You know i have to say something, Fish Guru offered an item for sale, for the price he wanted, then he gets well they are $XX here, or $XX there, well then if you do not like his or anyone elses price on these boards GO ELSE WHERE! I mean come on people, NO ONE wants to GIVE stuff away, and $45 for a refractometer, EVEN IF IT IS CRAPPY, is still a good deal! I mean you found it for $43, THEN BUY IT FOR $43, DO NOT give a dissertation about a persons asking price! He knows what he paid for them, and it is HIS descision as to what to sell them for!!

Man I do not want to get flamed, but you made an offer, it was refused that should be an end to it! There SHOULD NOT be a discusion as to why your offer was refused etc.

Sorry about my comments, but i see ALOT of people doing it on this board. I have bought some things on this board, and i have made offers for things on this board and NOT gotton them, but I do not complain about asking prices, and I do not feel it is right to do so.

These boards are for reef hobbiests who are just trying to get rid of extra stuff for whatever reason, and are trying to help other hobbiests out by asking pretty good prices, they are NOT HEAR FOR PEOPLE TO GET STUFF FOR FREE, OR COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICES.

Put that same refractometer on ebay with a $50 reserve, and EVERYONE SELLS, no hassle.

jazznreef, if they are all over the boards for the price you are willing to pay, then go buy them, and leave Brent alone and DO NOT pass Judgement on his prices...

Leopardshark, if they are $43 over there, then so be it, just because they may be $43 NOW, does not mean they were when they were bought, and these are new...

Again I appologise to all for this post, but I just felt a need to say something...

Ken

jazznreef
07/10/2003, 06:26 PM
like i said, he got what he wanted so more power to him. i would have done the same.

i also got my price. so, he got his price and i got mine. everyone's happy so now let's close this thread. sorry if i or others offended.

bdr127
07/10/2003, 06:31 PM
Ken and Mel: Part of "trying to help other hobbiests" may include informing those "hobbiests" of the best prices and going rates for certain items.

Could you really live with yourself if someone came on RC and sold some xenia to an unknowing newbie for $50 and you didn't speak up?

A lot of it has to do with tone and inflection (which is difficult with non-face-to-face interaction), but I think that most people here only bring up issues with prices in order to let everyone know what they should be paying for a particular item.

Get what I'm saying? :)

lovethemsalt
07/10/2003, 06:38 PM
and that is the very thing that makes ReefCentral so cool for a newbie like me. :D

reefjunkie3
07/10/2003, 08:31 PM
They may have them for 43 bucks...but will they ship them for 2 bucks more?:eek1: I doubt it............so 45 shipped was a good price!

Leopardshark
07/10/2003, 10:26 PM
Ken and Mel, I would like to see your face if someone in here sells you a Seaclone skimmer for 60 bucks.
Wouldn´t you preefer if someone tells you before you buy it that it is a piece of crap and you should look for other options??
Just a thought.
Marco

ken and mel
07/10/2003, 11:10 PM
Leopardshark, it is buyer beware...If i choose to buy a sea clone then so be it...I have enough experience in this hobby to make my own choices and resons behind them. All I am saying is this, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PRICING, then BY ALL MEANS FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO BUY!

I knew I would get flamed for saying what I did, but that is just too bad, I mean it is a free world here people...

And Leopardshark, you would never see my face with a $60 seaclone buy, as I would not spend that on one, and YES I would look at different options, THIS IS MY EXACT POINT HERE, I just would not WHINE about the guy asking $60 for it, and tell him I can get it here for $XX, I just WOULD NOT BUY IT FROM HIM...

bdr127, you do bring a valid point as it is hard to really "hear" what people mean by their statements without a face to face.

What I am saying though is I DO NOT think anyone on REEF CENTRAL WOULD sell a newbie Xenia for $50, I think that someone would offer TO HELP OUT THE NEWBIE with some Xenia.

Look I did not mean to start an argument and by NO MEANS meant to attack anyone, I just stated that if someone does not like an asking price, then move on, do not decide to argue the merit of price in the persons forum...that is all.

ReefFreak3652
07/11/2003, 12:56 AM
Anybody wanna buy a Seaclone...30 bucks...heheheh
Sorry.. I couldnt resist

Leopardshark
07/11/2003, 10:44 AM
Ken, good to hear that you are an arrogant wise man in this hobby, but there are a lot of newbies who would gladly buy a seaclone for 60 if they were told that they are the greatest skimmer around.
Obviously you don´t get the point, and I really don´t care but I hope I can help other people in this board rather to listening to silly statements like yours.
Marco

ken and mel
07/11/2003, 02:14 PM
arrogant???? I am done, the only arrogence in this thread is your pompus attitude. I am FAR from arrogent, All I said was if you do not like the price...MOVE ON!! Man to be honest Leopardshark, I used to enjoy your post in the threads, and felt you were on the mark many times, However i see my "wise arrogance" has clouded my thoughts...

Leopardshark
07/11/2003, 02:21 PM
Pompous????:eek1: I´m done!!!! this has gone thru all my tolerance limits!!!!!
I think I´m going to kill myself tonight and you will be the reason for that!!!!!!:bum:

ken and mel
07/11/2003, 02:59 PM
Leopardshark. I changed my mind...you are right on the mark!

:)

J/K

Again I appologize if I was mis-taken, as i did not mean for it.

jazznreef
07/11/2003, 03:01 PM
ohhhh, i feel so warm and fuzzy now......

Leopardshark
07/11/2003, 04:37 PM
Ken & Mel, :beer: :beer: :dance: :wavehand:
Marco