PDA

View Full Version : Anybody for Roe's Marine, Dr Mac&Son or Palmettos?

reefyoyo
06/29/2003, 01:49 AM
Anybody interested in ordering from Roe's Marine World (http://www.roesmarineworld.com/index.htm), Dr Mac & Son (http://www.drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/door/) or Palmetto Reefs (http://www.palmettoreefs.com/) in the next few weeks? I'm looking for some Ricordea.

Fliger
06/29/2003, 10:48 AM
I would tag along with any one of those. If you do wait a few weeks I can order more, but if you order sooner I'll pick up a few things also.

If you're interested in Dr. Mac, I'm going to order some fully cured LR through air freight so shipping for a few corals might not add much to the shipping.

LMK,

David

tendar
06/29/2003, 12:39 PM
Roe's yes
Dr. Mac maybe kind of high priced but good stuff and great sps frags
Palmento Maybe depending on what he has at the time

Either way only 1-2 pieces for me.

JHardman
06/29/2003, 01:42 PM
I have Mac looking for some clowns for me now. So if he can find them, I would be in.

dgin
06/30/2003, 01:16 AM
I'm interested in some ricordea as well. Let me know where an order will be put in.

A friend of mine will be needing a box of live rock in about 2 weeks so if the timing is right, he may jump onboard as well.

reefyoyo
07/01/2003, 11:25 PM
Sounds like most people would rather wait a little while. I'll bring this up again late next week. I'd rather order from Palmetto's or Roe's for Ricordea.

Fliger, when are you ordering the LR from Dr Mac's?

tendar
07/02/2003, 12:17 AM
Palmetto did not have much of a selectin at the moment.

Fliger
07/02/2003, 10:36 AM
Yoyo - probably in about three weeks. I'm trying to decide exactly what my needs are - I will be transferring my existing LR into their 5th tank :rolleyes: hopefully next week. Thinking of buying some of the ECC LR to use as base rock, and while that cures I'm going to get some fully cured LR from Dr. F&S. You can save a fair amount buy going air freight.

I know a couple people thinking of the ECC thing again. The FC Kaelini from Dr. Mac is supposedly very nice from the reviews I've read. He will also hand pick some pieces that match the description you request. I have an idea of how I want this tank aquascaped so I'm looking for some specific sizes/shapes.

LMK if you're interested, I believe it comes out to around $4.75 shipped for the FC Kaelini or Elk Island rock.

Regarding the other orders, whenever you're ready, I saw a few things that looked good. Also look at spsfrags.com, they have some pretty nice stuff.

Later,

David

reefyoyo
07/05/2003, 12:22 PM
Fliger, if you order from Dr Mac & Sons for the LR, I'd like to get some Elkhorn rock. I'm planning a 20gal tank and would like to be able to specify what kind of shapes I want. Hmmm, then again maybe I should just order the LR and Ricordea from there. OK, I'll bring this up again late next week.

Fliger
07/05/2003, 07:16 PM
Hi reefyoyo - I'll let you know. That elkhorn stuff is really cool to build shelves with.

Man, I just got back into town and D*MN it's hot here. You don't realize it until you go away & come back.

tendar
07/05/2003, 08:47 PM
Fliger you for got to mention that nice hangover you have also. It makes a big difference also.:lol:

Fliger
07/05/2003, 09:02 PM
Tequila = Bad

That said, I'm off to meet some friends for margs & sake! Hair o' the dog, baby. The only way. :D

tendar
07/05/2003, 11:31 PM
And everyone gives me a hard time about my drinking. I think you drink twice as much as me you just dont show at the meetings and drink beer.