PDA

View Full Version : marshall island rock $1.75 is a scam

scambuster007
06/28/2003, 02:12 AM
attention people of southern california-user by the name of lacouc02 is claiming he is selling marshall island live rock for $1.75- this is a scam just like the person selling it. check out his postings and you will see what i mean-this posting is a reply to a thread on the subject

lacouc02 or should i say chris,
you are the biggest gimmick out there. first of all you stated you would like anthony to find someone out there who can prove you wrong. well your digging your own grave. first of all-you dont have a legitimate business- your marshall island crap isnt really from marshall islands-walt smiths is more like it-you dont have a a reef that you have been tearing down since forever-just a 30 gallon tank in your puny little apartment in riverside- you are misleading everyone and you are a scam-maybe you should face up to the truth and stop hiding behind those enourmous lamb chop sideburns your sporting.- you claim that you have had this marshall island rock for some time in your tank-yeah right- you get it every week from L.A. and keep it outside in your patio-:eek: uh oh! does the truth hurt- quit lying to people and stop advrtising your bogus stuff on the recycler too. oh wait- i forgot to tell you that i notified them about you:lol:

scambuster007
06/28/2003, 02:14 AM
i was once ripped off by this guy-this is why i am posting against him-dont buy his stuff

dattack
06/28/2003, 03:56 AM
I think a lot of newbies into the hobby try to find the cheapest possible deals and somehow suckers these newbies into buying the rock.

Old Yeller Tang
06/28/2003, 01:28 PM
Funny how people on SWF.com are giving him props for his rock which he sells on ebay as well. I bought from Chris over 2yrs ago and he did sell me nice figi rock at $2/lb. but someone came over my house last night to buy my large Marshal Is. rock covered with GSP and said they were at Chris' to buy his Hawaiin base rock which he was saying was Marshal Is. Well, I think he saw the difference when he saw my rock and when I took a peak at his rock that he got from Chris, it looked more like rubble rock. He said Chris had the better rock for sale but wanted more money. I guess he now uses the cheap advertising to lure newbies in and then try to sell the real deal at a higher price. I guess you just have to know what your buying and set him straight so he can sell you his good stuff at his advertising prices.

sean2sean
06/28/2003, 02:20 PM
yea i went to his place to buy some rocks... went to his apt in riverside... rocks are really not that great... doesnt have lots of pores... but i needed some and i was already there so i picked some up. i trusted him and pick up about 40lbs, or as least so he said. but later when i weighed it it was actually less.

i never bought anything from him again.

alexsd
06/30/2003, 02:11 AM
I got rip off by the same guy also Chirs is his name and he does live in Riverside and now he is selling **** on Ebay.

Project Reef
06/30/2003, 04:57 AM
He is a joke. He won't let me even go to his house. LOL.

alexsd
06/30/2003, 05:45 AM
Same here, i had to hop his little wall to look at the shlt rock.

anthony0812
06/30/2003, 01:38 PM
I couldn't say it better! and i have nothing more to say..:D

lets just say that we will not cross path ever again..this fool even tried to threaten my life..i am sure most of you heard of the incident i have with him already...

Wilafur
06/30/2003, 06:45 PM
lol, i still have fond memories of buying nasty *** fiji rock from him about 4 yrs back. he is a bonafide freak with crud rock. waste of time, money and gas is what anyone is going to experience if they go out there.

his reef tank is UGLY.

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by anthony0812

lets just say that we will not cross path ever again..this fool even tried to threaten my life..i am sure most of you heard of the incident i have with him already...

Dude, tell me someone here that hasn't threatened your life:D

anthony0812
06/30/2003, 07:16 PM
lyndel..sadly but true...hahahhaha:D

RARZILLO
06/30/2003, 07:32 PM
Oh I stole this guys rock..........I gave it back.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

reefingisgr8
06/30/2003, 08:10 PM
this guy is a jerk, Iwas trying to find out what type of rock he had for sale and he 'll have you believe that he is doing you a great favor by trying to sell you his rubble rock as kaelini or buna branch,marshall island. don't waste your time he is a jerk. when you ask he never has any rock that is 1.75 a pound he only has the rock that is 2-3 dollars a pound.It has absolutley no life on it whatsoever. just my 2 cents

Agu
07/01/2003, 10:54 PM
Ahhh wait a second,

He's not an attorney with a 2500 gallon tank selling off rock because his tank is so full of corals he needs the room ?? Is it possible he attempted to deceive and intimidate me prior to losing his posting privileges.

Say it aint so,

Agu

Wilafur
07/02/2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Agu
Ahhh wait a second,

He's not an attorney with a 2500 gallon tank selling off rock because his tank is so full of corals he needs the room ?? Is it possible he attempted to deceive and intimidate me prior to losing his posting privileges.

Say it aint so,

Agu
lol, in actuality he's a punk a$$ 20ish year old momma's boy with a piece of crud 30g so-called reef tank.

people like him has no right to breathe the same air we breathe.

Jimbo327
07/02/2003, 02:41 AM
Wow, pulling no punches! :lol:

From the look of things, this guy really deserve it.:blown:

Jim:D

Project Reef
07/02/2003, 03:53 AM
Agu, this guy is a major B.S.er. About a year or so ago he tried to pull the same type of scam on this board to this nice couple in Chicago. I pmed them and told them the deal with this guy then but I'm not sure how it turned out. I believe they were trying to get their check back from him or something to that effect.

Shady,... real shady Fother Mucker.

Anthony, next time we are at good ol' Wally's at the same time please point him out to be.

scambuster007
07/02/2003, 10:01 PM
the "recycler", a free advertising service, informed me that they need more than just one complaint in order to prohibit him from advertising his bogus stuff as well. HINT, HINT, HINT.......recycler is also on the internet at www.recycler.com

Darya
07/08/2003, 01:12 AM
This guy operates under the names lacouc, lacouc01, and Lacouc02 in reefs.org. He got banned under some name there once but came right back. He claims his friend had a biz that he closed down and is selling the rock. He claims his rock is full of life but he ships this stuff by snailmail. So many people say his rock is dead n dry.
When I first came to RC, I warned the Mods about this guy....but he still seems to be around! (not that I have checked lately).

Talk about a scam-artist!

isseym328
07/09/2003, 07:11 PM
Guess I got ripped off too. Got my blue carpet from this guy and he said it was "rare" and "not the same as the ones from the lfs". I didn't know anything back then about carpets so I paid a grip for it. This was during the time when he had a post on free ricordias and stuff. Man now i'm a lil upset. Anyone know his address? :mad2:

Mikeaveli21
07/10/2003, 12:25 AM
Here is a email he sent me a little while ago:

I live in Riverside Ca. Just to let you know. I have georgeous fully cured fiji, kaelini and buna branch live rock. If your local, at least come down and see what the rock looks like. Your mouth will drop. The rock is so nice.

Fully Cured Ready to go in your tank for
$3.25 per pound. I guarntee satisfaction. Corraline Algae! I do not have pics, but the rock is georgeous. Smells great. No junk smell. Shape and size are WOW!

Otherwise, your welcome to the marshall island live rock for $1.75 per pound. Let me know how many pounds of rock you were interested in.

Chris
909 236-2476

I knew it was too good to be true. Beware!

cmoresps
07/10/2003, 12:40 AM
sounds like this dude is operating a business without a license, anyone notify the local or state authorities, or file a claim with the BBB? If he is, and it sure sounds like he is in business, I quarantee he could be nailed by uncle sam for tax evasion.

:D

Old Yeller Tang
07/10/2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by anthony0812

Originally posted by isseym328
"Guess I got ripped off too. Got my blue carpet from this guy and he said it was "rare" and "not the same as the ones from the lfs". I didn't know anything back then about carpets so I paid a grip for it. This was during the time when he had a post on free ricordias and stuff. Man now i'm a lil upset. Anyone know his address? "

Anthony - Looks like you have some backup!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

turtlespd
07/11/2003, 02:21 AM
Everyone is nuts...getting all hot and botther over some rocks..If you dont like him dont buy from him. This thing is just way overboard. I dont know about puttings one's life at risk...over some rocks ..oh man. Im gonna stick to my little corner over here, this hobby is getting tuff. I though i Reefing was a nice joyfull hobby i guess im gonna have to sport my RC badge and hopefully you guys are from the same Boards hehe

black74
07/16/2003, 11:07 PM
I want to thank everyone who posted there sad experience with this bozo. I just inquired about some rock with this guy today, and was going to buy from him this weekend. After reading all this.

F*%& that.

There is no way im buying from him now:worried2:

Thanks for the heads up all.

surferdude141
09/20/2003, 12:42 PM
is this him Reeffarmer
Reefer

Are you still looking for live rock

Please Let me know I have fully cured Marshall Island, Buna Branch, and Kaelini. $1.90 per pound for everything except Kaelini, which is $2.75 per pound. No aptasia exists on the live rock. Clean as clean can get.

P.S. I just graduted from U.C.R and currently visit almost every week. So im always in town.

(909)787-0252

dattack
09/20/2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by surferdude141
is this him Reeffarmer
Reefer

Are you still looking for live rock

Please Let me know I have fully cured Marshall Island, Buna Branch, and Kaelini. $1.90 per pound for everything except Kaelini, which is $2.75 per pound. No aptasia exists on the live rock. Clean as clean can get.

P.S. I just graduted from U.C.R and currently visit almost every week. So im always in town.

(909)787-0252

Same guy.

http://www.recycler.com/asp/AdDetails.asp?iID=1882&sBAC=All&bSQ=0

eight2178
09/20/2003, 04:01 PM
does he use the same sn at ebay, swf.com and reefs.org? just curious...seen his adds before, but never followed up on them....good thing...good heads up

alexsd
10/06/2003, 04:00 AM
Update pork chop has a new name:
SouthPacificDr

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249487

argi
10/06/2003, 09:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2350598360&category=3212

Same guy??

Anemone
10/06/2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys....

Kevin

alexsd
10/06/2003, 09:49 AM
argi
Yeah same guy.

Anemone
10/06/2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by argi

Same guy??

Yes....

Kevin

marino
10/06/2003, 11:20 AM
Chirs came over my house a couple of weeks ago. He bought the G1 skimmer that he is now selling from me. On the G1 standpoint, it is new and still in the box.

He tried trading me some fully cured "Buna" liverocks for the skimmer but I declined. He then tried to sell them to me for $1.99 lb. since he knew that I was about to setup another tank. I again declined. It seems that I made the right decision after reading the above posts.

I really have no complaint since I was the seller but just wanted to share my experience. He said that he is building a 4000 sq. ft. house in the South Hills area of West Covina. It is somewhat of an upscalish neighborhood. He liked my setup so wanted me to do the planning, plumbing and such for his new prop system. He indicated that he can pay me with cash or corals. He says that he has a very close relationship with the Reefermadness.us people and can get whatever is on their site.

Sounded tempting at the time but will now reconsider. Again, no actual complaint on this end but just sharing my recent experience with him. Could all what he said BS?

alexsd
10/06/2003, 02:40 PM
Dude this guy is talking out of his A$$!!!

Project Reef
10/06/2003, 03:27 PM
:lol:

marino
10/06/2003, 11:48 PM
I forgot to mention that when we agreed on the skimmer price, he whipped out about a 3 inch stack of cash. The top and bottom were 20s but not sure what was in the middle. Maybe a bunch of singles. My thought was could this guy be a drug dealer.

Wilafur
10/06/2003, 11:53 PM
his daddy is the president of a mortgage banking firm or something like that.

SkinyChinaMan
10/07/2003, 11:38 AM
HAHAHAHa..that is just too funny