PDA

View Full Version : Flushing Nemo: Movie inspires kids to set pet fish 'free'

BuddaMonk
06/27/2003, 10:04 AM
I wonder how many fish die this way instead of dying in the care of the kids (http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthtribune/6182826.htm)

Eric Boerner
06/27/2003, 10:09 AM
I saw this one coming.

Dev Goddess
06/27/2003, 05:40 PM
I've either heard of kids doing it or people just being afraid kids would do it.

You know, we took Hip68's little boy to see the movie, and it was cute. However, it's pure fantasy... Everything from the fish talking to flushing the fish to the dentist's tank setup is just not in tune with reality.

It's just rather unfortunate that kids don't separate reality from fantasy very well. I think that parents need to sit the kids down and explain to them that the movie was just make believe and that flushing the fish down the toilet will cause them to get hurt.

This movie has let to a lot of damage to a lot of fish, I'm afraid...

Wolverine
06/29/2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Dev Goddess
It's just rather unfortunate that kids don't separate reality from fantasy very well. I think that parents need to sit the kids down and explain to them that the movie was just make believe and that flushing the fish down the toilet will cause them to get hurt.

In a lot of cases that means that we'll have to sit the parents down to explain it to them.

Dave

photobarry
06/30/2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Wolverine
In a lot of cases that means that we'll have to sit the parents down to explain it to them.

Dave

So true!

rvitko
06/30/2003, 02:47 PM
You mean- give the parents a swirly:lmao:

photobarry
06/30/2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rvitko
You mean- give the parents a swirly:lmao:

That's so crazy it might just work! :D

karlas
07/02/2003, 08:16 AM