PDA

View Full Version : Treatments used?

Josh125
06/26/2003, 04:46 PM
Dela's post made me start to think, what if any treatments..i.e. chemicals have you all used in your tanks. I have used Oomed and ultralife slime remover. Both products worked very well - use as directed!

Anyone http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/sicdeth/headscratch.gif

Nanook
06/26/2003, 07:39 PM
No treatments here...don't think they are good overall for the life you don't see. I know people who have treated their tanks with this or that and a year later have had total tank crashes....just skeptical. I personally like Flatworms, cute little buggers:D Even though I don't have any at present, maybe I can take a few off of your hands. I think they are a normal part of an ecosystem and serve a purpose when present. FWIW,

Dave

griss
06/27/2003, 09:21 AM
Ditto Nanook

George

moconet
06/28/2003, 01:58 PM
Flat worms are not to be played with. They take over your tank covering your LR and corals till they get no light. They are sometimes parasitic - I have a pic of them gnawing at my Toadstool.

Take a look at the picture I added...

witche42
06/28/2003, 05:04 PM
hi moconet,
i have heard numerous stories that a target manderian will help eliminate flatworms, but if yours is to the point of them being everywhere, you might have to do something drastic and use a chemical. sorry to hear about your problem. i personally have never had to use any cheimcals in my tanks. but if i had them as bad as what you are describing i would try it, just make sure to follow the instructions.

steven

kentrob11
07/01/2003, 03:06 PM
moconet

The Flatworm you pictured does not eat corals. They are algae eaters in the purest sense and the reason you are seeing them on your toadstool stalk is that it is not uncommon for small filament algea to grow there, plain and simple. If you maintain your nutrient levels well enough to completely eradicate problem algea you'll see the flatworm populations diminish drastically

dela
07/08/2003, 08:38 PM
I've used oomed and quinsulex successfully and unsuccessfully. The result depends on how it's used. But as far as long term effects? Who knows if they have any long-term effect, but I think it would be pretty hard to pin something like a tank crashing to treating a tank with something the year before.

In my opinon the bigger problem could be related to frequent use of chemicals and biological adaptation/tolerance. :rolleyes: But that is probably not what you were referring to…