PDA

View Full Version : i found flatworms

Pandarian
06/26/2003, 01:04 PM
Yesterday i looked in the tank, and saw a lone flatworm on the glass. I was like :confused: so i looked around and found a couple on the new polyp rock i bought from cbc 2 weeks ago. Funny how we talked about flatworms at the last meet. Anyway, do you guys know if the coral reef or aquarium has flatworm exit? or any other suggestions to getting rid of them, since the population is still small.

Well mike, looks like i can get frags from you now :o jk

EvilMel
06/27/2003, 10:05 AM
Oh man that sucks!

Matt and I were talking about it and he said a velvet nudibranch might eat them. Maybe you should check it out (like online).

They sell them at the coral reef too.

I don't know what flatworm exit is, since lately is the first time I have really heard all that much about them.

reefhound
07/01/2003, 06:09 PM
Donny im sorry you have to deal with this but there are worst things that could have happend. flat wornn exit works good if used before the population it to great. use as directed and watch for any spikes, there body fluids are toxic to corals so a few good water changes will be needed. vac out any you can before you use it and dead ones as you see them.you can pick it up at the store and good luck.

graham

Pandarian
07/01/2003, 07:20 PM
yeah i went down to coral reef and they sold out. they should get some in next week. then i will try it out. right now the current flatworm pop is small. they are located on a single rock. so i dont think too much of thier toxins will be released.

EvilMel
07/03/2003, 03:34 PM
Donny why don't you rip the little suckers right out of there? I mean take that polyp rock and scrub it a bunch with a toothbrush under tap water. That's what I would do. I'd try to get rid of those things right away.

Mel

SmartWrasse
07/21/2003, 11:44 AM
Donny,
You may have already seen this but this thread is from the Salifert section and contains links to many hours of reading on flatworm treatment. They are for me (so far) mildly bothersome.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159656&highlight=flatworm+exit

I have just been siphoning them out at water changes. They seem to proliferate more with more feeding, but I don't think it is a good idea to stop feeding. You always have way more flatworms than you can see.
Welcome to FnsA (flatworms not so Anonymous), Mike