PDA

View Full Version : New St. Louis Reef Guy

gkoenig
06/25/2003, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone! Can anyone help me find some frags? I also need some advice on Protein Skimming - I just set up a Prizm on my 20 gallon tank last night.

Thanks, Gregg K. - Clayton, MO./ Manchester, MO.:)

griss
06/25/2003, 04:19 PM
Hi Gregg,

[welcome]

If you are looking for frags, you can try Saltwater City or Clayton Pet Emporium. Both are located in Clayton and should be fairly close to you. I have not been to either store in several months, but last time I was in the area I visited both stores (giving an out of town RC member a tour) they both had frags.

George

reef-man_d-man
07/09/2003, 03:57 PM
Hey someone else has a prizm. I have a prizm and it works pretty good the only complaints i have are that if the top isint on good it leaks gallons at a time and the foam is hard to regulate. I would say that if your looking to upgrade you could try a DIY from the DIY forum such as this one :
http://www.krob.com/aquarium/skimmer.htm

I am thinking of trying it and have heard it works pretty good.

I'll keep you posted

inwall75
07/21/2003, 06:39 PM
I have all sorts of things you can have a free frag from if you can wait a couple of months. Too much going on right now.

I have lots of easy corals (buttons, mushrooms, green star polyps, zooanthids. xenia, waving hand anthelia). I just need to get some rubble and frag them and get them to attach.

Your prism is going to be a complete pain in the neck for the first week or two. It will take a short time to break in and then you have to find the "sweet spot" on adjusting the water flow after it breaks in. Remember, a minor adjustment has to be more minor than you would even think.

gkoenig
07/22/2003, 08:28 AM
:D Thanks for the Skimmer advice, it did take a couple of weeks to break in, but I think I have it running just right. Ya, I would love some frags, just let me know when there ready! gkoenig@charter.net

Thanks so much for your Help,

Gregg Koenig