PDA

View Full Version : More Nemo

IceFaerie
06/25/2003, 09:37 AM
A representative from Tetra went on CBS Television and set up a "Nemo Tank" in a 5 gallon with clowns, a blue tang, some seahorses, and a starfish. Why didn't she put a stingray and the octopus? They were cute in the movie too. She could have folded up the ray to make it fit.

Here is the clip:

CBS Video (http://xanadu.ambrosiasw.com/~jchamplin/images/animal/Fish/SW/tetra.wmv)

Ice Faerie
Terra et Mare (http://www.terra-et-mare.net)

Brad Gardner
06/25/2003, 09:42 AM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201848&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

nick101
06/25/2003, 11:58 PM
wow, i missed that, thanks for postin it.

and that was one of the most retarded things i've ever seen :mad2:

feel sorry for the regal, i mean dory.
i went to a lfs today that had a huge NEMO HERE sign. after reading stuff here about shops doing that, i was worried.
but after talking to the guys in there, i felt better.
they wouldnt just sell u a "nemo" for nothing. they wanted a sample of your water, and if u wanted to buy a tank from them they wanted to come to ur house and set it up and check water samples. it was one of the nicest fish stores i've been to, and very knowledgable (dont think i spell that right, ha).
i've been reading for awhile, this is my first post, YAY :celeb1: , i think "so what" if some kid gets into fish because of a movie, if they have the right info and maybe help, i bet alot of us got into fish in similar ways :rollface:

Nanook
06/26/2003, 12:47 AM
Icefaerie,

[welcome]

Nanook

Nanook
06/26/2003, 12:47 AM
Nick101,

[welcome]

Nanook

reef101
07/02/2003, 12:42 AM
that CBS thing segment was disturbing

karlas
07/02/2003, 08:27 AM
i wanted to pick her up and shove her head first in that little 5 gall tank.

theres been segments on my local station ABC and they have had about this nemo craze but there being correct about it. they are trying to advise people how hard it is to set up a sw tank and warning people how much it cost. also they have gone into beginning size tanks being 45-55 gall minimum. also they brought up salinity, ph, and alkalinity issues. this is what people need to see. i have seen 3 different stories on it so far advising people not to rush out and buy fish on impulse.,

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/02/2003, 08:22 PM
Here's what caught me:

Host: What are some common mistakes people make when they bring home fish?

Tetra lady: Well most people add too many fish to the tank... (while dumping in a 5 inch blue tang and a 2 inch clownfish into her 30 second old 5g minibow.) The rule is about one inch of fish to one gallon of water (while dumping in another clown and a couple seahorses just for fun)

That's about 10 inches of fish in a minute old 5 gallon. HMMMMM:mad2:

derrikd
07/02/2003, 08:45 PM
That had to of been the biggest load of s*** that i have ever saw...... hmmmmmmmmm where is the tetra NO SIGN again... blast tetra for that.... they suck

chaseracing
07/02/2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by BlAcK_PeRcUlA
Here's what caught me:

Host: What are some common mistakes people make when they bring home fish?

Tetra lady: Well most people add too many fish to the tank... (while dumping in a 5 inch blue tang and a 2 inch clownfish into her 30 second old 5g minibow.) The rule is about one inch of fish to one gallon of water (while dumping in another clown and a couple seahorses just for fun)

That's about 10 inches of fish in a minute old 5 gallon. HMMMMM:mad2:

That is exactly what I was thinking!
I am actually surprised Tetra qould allow something like that knowing that it is going to upset their current knowledable customers. Are they hurting that bad for new customers that they have to break the basic rules of keeping an aqaurium just to do so?

-=E=-

vietoriouz
07/10/2003, 06:07 AM
She should be fired for that! That was a live execution on national television.:mad2: I feel sorry for those fishes.

thefatman
07/11/2003, 11:52 PM
i do NOT support what tetra did. and carol is a moron anyway.. however.....

i keep seeing how this was an execution, or those fish are all dead etc....

think about this...... how big are the bags the fish are shipped in for 24-48 hours to get to an lfs....smaller than a 5g tank, i guarantee it...

how big are the tanks the fish are kept in at the lfs? my city has several lfs that keep thier fish in display tanks that are only about 2-3 gallons each. some of those tanks have upwards of 10 -20 clowns in them. granted they do keep one species per tank.

my point is that the fish dont "live" in those small tanks, they are there temporarily, then they go home, hopefully, to a repsonsible hobbyist that will put them in an appropriatly sized and matured tank.

but is that any different than what tetra did on the morning show? yes it was an idiotic display of retarded ineptitude and total lack of knowledge of the industry (and i did write my letters to tetra) but i seriously doubt the fish died, nor were they kept in that tank. it was a 5 minute display, and then it was over, and the fish went back somewhere better, i hope.

unless tetra was dumb enough to give that horrible tank to some kid in the audience :eek2: