PDA

View Full Version : Frag Swap for August (Sat. 9th)

WmTasker
06/24/2003, 06:55 PM
:rollface:I am planning on have a frag swap here in Mansfield. I plan on inviting CORA, C-SEA & alot of reefers in the Mansfield area. I am hoping by having it in Mansfield, that everyone in Columbus, Cleveland & surrounding areas will attend.

Everyone is invited to come whether you have frags or just want to chat with other reefers.

The swap will most likely be at a LPS here in Mansfield, Which is only about 5 minutes off of route 71. We are shooting for Saturday August 9th at 4pm.

If your interested, please, post here. Im hoping that a month's notice is good enough?

We will post directions and place when we get closer to the date. :rollface:

zaireguy
06/28/2003, 01:35 PM
I live in bucyrus and would love to come thanks
Ron

solo99
06/28/2003, 03:56 PM
see you then

tye_c
07/02/2003, 06:31 AM
I'll be there

ms reefer
07/02/2003, 06:58 AM
I'll be there

Big_Don
07/03/2003, 02:37 PM
We would love to come!

Kevin and Lara:rollface:

KorbinDallas
07/03/2003, 02:45 PM
yup yup. . .

TacoKing
07/03/2003, 05:58 PM
I'd like to join, but I think i'm going to let my corals grow for the one this fall. I'd rather have a huge surplus of different frags than just a few each time.

-TK

WmTasker
07/09/2003, 08:28 PM
:fish1:Hello fellow Reefers,:fish1:

This thread is to give directions and to find out what frags everyone is bringing. So please post what you think you might bring. I have to look in my aquaiums to see what I have, so I'll post later what I have to trade.

We are meeting at Carousel Aquatics, which is at 930 Ashland Road (US Route 42). Coming from Cleveland take 71 S and those coming from Columbus take 71 N. You will take 71 to US Route 30 W toward Mansfield. Once on route 30 you will go to US Route 42 and take the south exit to Mansfield. Just to make sure you are going th right direction. The first signal light will have a Wendy's, McDonald's, BP Station & Rite Aid. Carousel Aquatics is between the 3rd and 4th light on the left hand side. Its almost all the way to the 4th light. There is parking in the front of the building and on the side of the building.

You can Email me if you need more specific directions. And if you use Yahoo Maps or a site like that, the address is 930
Ashland Road, Mansfield Ohio 44905. If you make it to Mansfield and get loss Call 419-589-0246. Will get you there.

Thanks Billy,

KorbinDallas
07/10/2003, 09:44 AM
I'll be bringing (provided I can make it out there that weekend. I'm not guaranteeing that I will be there.)
1. a 2 inch bicolor blenny - he eats film algae off the front glass ;) very active and friendly. - depends on if I can catch him.
2. a 2.5 inch red mantis shrimp (smasher)
3. maybe a montipora digita (was purple, now brown)
4. 2 neon green sinularia frags
5. maybe a large pompom xenia

I will also trade zoanthids for other zoanthids. I have:
orange tenticles with grey center
green tenticles with peach dot in center
light green with neon green flecks
If someone wants to trade zoos, I will frag mine.

What I am looking for
yellow porites
orange montipora
pink, yellow, or purple ricordia
zoanthids - especially orange tenticles with orange centers
hammer - green tenticles with pink tips
frogspawn - w/green dots

Christopher Marks
07/12/2003, 08:49 AM
So is the date official? If so I'll put it on the CORA calendar and email people.

WmTasker
07/12/2003, 09:22 AM
:fish1:Yep ..... August 9th at 4pm is the official date and time :fish1:

Genetics
07/12/2003, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone. I am new to clubs such as CORA. I am a resident of columbus and love talking saltwater. I would enjoy coming up to mansfield in august, if I can tag along. I don't have any frags b/c I just set up my 60 last month, if that's a problem.

hystrix
07/14/2003, 09:21 AM
I work until 4pm that day but I would like to attend. It would probably take me a hr and half to get there from powell. I am new to the area and am interested in getting involved in a reef organization. Thanks

WmTasker
07/14/2003, 10:16 PM
:fish1: I was planning on having it till at least 6pm or so, but it really depends on what time everyone starts to get bored and leaves. :fish1:

KorbinDallas
07/15/2003, 08:21 AM
From my experience in Michigan, once most of the people get there and chat for a bit, most of the frags are swapped and its all over with in an hour.:rolleyes: and then people chat again, and miscelaneous frags are traded thru the afternoon.

Underwaterrealms
07/19/2003, 05:41 PM
I would have liked to attend but being a second shifter and it being on monday I will not be able to. I will be at the columbus swap with quite a few frags to trade(now where are my scissors and glue)

Chuck

WmTasker
07/20/2003, 02:50 PM
:fish1: August 9th falls on a Saturday. I hope everyone knows that the swap is on Saturday August 9th, "not the 4th". It seems like alot of people have been getting confused from the tiltle. :fish1:

Underwaterrealms
07/20/2003, 08:12 PM
Whoops, I should have read a little more thoroughly. I will see if I can make it with it being on a saturday.

Chuck

NorthCoast
07/21/2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by WmTasker
:fish1: August 9th falls on a Saturday. I hope everyone knows that the swap is on Saturday August 9th, "not the 4th". It seems like alot of people have been getting confused from the tiltle. :fish1:

Title fixed! :)

Later,
NC

WmTasker
07/27/2003, 12:45 AM
:fish1: Everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know, Things are still a go for the frag swap. So mark it on your calanders. So far it looks like we will have around 5o people here. :)

Thanks
Billy :fish1:

tye_c
08/04/2003, 04:55 PM
I will bring some capnella frags if anyone is interested. I also have a 55g, a 30g, and a 29g tank to get rid of. The 55g need a new top plastic frame(the center brace is broke).

Tye

Sloth
08/05/2003, 09:28 AM
Any interest in a gigantic xenia?

tye_c
08/05/2003, 05:33 PM
Bring it someone will want it

blueleg
08/06/2003, 10:12 AM
I plan to bring a frag of green sinularia and a frag of colt. If you are interested in a colt frag let me know because i can always frag more since it grows so fast. I believe my dad (Norm R) is going to bring a couple frags but I am not sure what. I will see everyone on saturday!

blueleg
08/06/2003, 12:19 PM
I can also bring a 2 headed branching hammer if anyone is interested in it

Sloth
08/06/2003, 01:00 PM
purple tips or green tips on the hammer?

blueleg
08/06/2003, 01:10 PM
The hammer has green tips

AcroSteve
08/06/2003, 02:06 PM
Anybody have an estimate of the size of this swap?

blueleg
08/06/2003, 02:16 PM
I believe in one of the earlier posts relating to this swap i read an estimate of 50 people.

WmTasker
08/06/2003, 06:22 PM
Anybody have an estimate of the size of this swap?
Right now it is looking to at least be 50 people. I have 15 to 20 people that are coming from the local area, that come in to my lps all the time. I also have it posted at 4 different places on RC's Forums, and alot are coming from that. And I also know that alot of people have found out about it by word of mouth. :fish1:
Any interest in a gigantic xenia?
I know I would trade something for your xenia. I love that stuff. :fish1:
I plan to bring a frag of green sinularia and a frag of colt. If you are interested in a colt frag let me know because i can always frag more since it grows so fast. I believe my dad (Norm R) is going to bring a couple frags but I am not sure what. I will see everyone on saturday!:fish1:
I already have a small Green Sinularia, but I would take a colt frag. And if you bring the Green Sin, I'll trade something for that too.

What I am looking for?

I would like anything that is white, blue, red, green, orange, or any color that is different than all the pink and purple in my reef.

What I have to trade.

I have different types of leathers, 3 or 4 different color zoo's, clove polyps, 2 -4 mushrooms (some are dime size), and 2 or 3 types of gorgonias. Plus what ever else might fall off of this weeks coral shipment for the store.

:fish1: See everyone Saturday :fish1:

Norm R
08/06/2003, 07:27 PM
Bringing-

1 or 2 umbrella mushrooms (1.5 to 2")
green hairy mushrooms
toadstool leathers - tan w/ green polyps
toadstool leathers - light yellow w/ light yellow polyps (small)
GSP

timers - 2,000 watt, dual outlet (new)
Kent 60 GPD R/O unit - (if arranged ahead of time)
16 oz. Kent Kalkwasser

Interested in-

zoos
clove polyp (green center)
most LPS

Underwaterrealms
08/07/2003, 03:50 AM
Hello folks,

I was curious to see if anyone out there had certain fish corals for trade.

Potter's angel
Copperband butterfly
lyretail anthias
sand sifting gobies yellow sleeper or valencia
acropora horrida
acropora nasuta
neon green with pink tips acropora samoensis
pink pocillopora verrucosa
montipora danae
montipora pink/tan with neon polyps
blue zoos
blue rim squamosa

I have many corals for trade like some rare ones like a dk blue/purple tort, a sweet blue green with bright blue tips bali stag. green with purple rim monti, and many other acros monti's softies shrooms.

If anyone has anything on my list pm me with what you would be interested to have in trade.

Chuck

Christopher Marks
08/07/2003, 07:18 AM
I'm going to try to make it. I'm not sure if I'll have any frags or not. Maybe some orange zoanthids and gsp.

porky
08/08/2003, 03:23 PM
Anyone insterested in a purple linkia? Acutally it's not a linkia at all but looks very similar it is a Tamaria Stia. It kinda looks like the burgunday linkia but only has 5 arms and is a true, bright purple. We purchased this starfish from FF express almost a year ago as a "rare" linkia for $39 (if memory serves me correct). We did not know it at the time but this starfish EATS CLAMS (his diet also includes slime algae and "other benethic algae" from what I have been able to find out). We we're that concerned at first, he would just crack open a bi-valve from time to time no big deal. Well we are now ready to start trying some clams and well.. he has to go. He is a beautiful color purple and for the most part a wonderful reef inhabitant as he is docile and doesnt mess with any other things in the tank. If anyone is interested in trade or purchase let me know?
Thanks!

WmTasker
08/08/2003, 05:18 PM
Norm

I have some Green Center Cloves. They just came in this week ( about 15 - 20 cloves). I'll see if I can take a few off of it.

:fish1:BIlly

Norm R
08/08/2003, 05:44 PM
Billy,

How much for the entire piece?

Norm

zaireguy
08/08/2003, 06:01 PM
I have a small one now would like to find a mate or a pair and move my single to the 75 thanks
Ron

blueleg
08/08/2003, 10:28 PM
I thought i better ask one more time if anyone is interested in a branching hammer with green tips. It has 2 heads but if no-one is interested then I will just save it for the next swap in Columbus. I would love to trade for some non green/blue rics. Just PM me or post here if you would like the hammer

blueleg
08/09/2003, 06:51 PM
Thank you Billy for holding this frag swap! I had a lot of fun meeting new people and trying to trade some frags. Thank you again
Brandon

zaireguy
08/09/2003, 07:31 PM
thanks
Even due to my little one being sick and not being able to stay thanks and a special thanks to charles!!!
Ron

Underwaterrealms
08/09/2003, 09:04 PM
Thank you for holding the swap, billy. I hope the frags I gave you will do great for you. It was really nice to talk to everyone once again, I had a really nice time.

Chuck

Sharpy
08/09/2003, 09:29 PM
Thank you all, for making my first frag swap a great one!!

Billy was a gracious host!! Hope you have another sometime soon!!

I was able to get some great zoos and traded a piece of Sharpy98's new zoos for a few different ones for his collection.

See you all again in Columbus next month!

Phishy
08/09/2003, 11:55 PM
Thank you Billy for your hospitality. It was a great time and I hope to see you at the swap in September.
Serdar:eek1: