PDA

View Full Version : Nemo tanks must stop !

jazznreef
06/24/2003, 05:27 PM
I feel sick after hearing about all the media coverage surrounding the ease of maintaining a 5 gallon tank housing clowns, blue tangs and sea horses (check out discussion forum on this board). Anyone interested in joining me in a local media blitz on the difficulties of keeping salt water fish? I have a friend or two at local TV stations and don't think it would be a problem getting a spot on the news to inform the region about how difficult this hobby really is. Does PSAS have an interest in doing this sort of thing? Let me know and I'll help set this up. We need a spokesman (Paul H?) and a nice big tank to get our point across (Mike O?). I'm sure our better LFS's would join in to give their perspective on the cost and difficulties of maintining a "Nemo Tank".

SlowBoat
06/24/2003, 09:42 PM
Last Friday on KZOK they did a segment around "Finding Nemo". I think they did a pretty good job of getting people on the air that explained the reaquirements and amount of husbandry needed to keep these animals alive and thriving. They even have a link to RC on their web site.

KZOK News Article (http://www.bobrivers.com/brsnews_headlines.asp?dismode=article&artid=806)

jazznreef
06/25/2003, 01:42 PM
I wrote a draft letter regarding this issue and interest in informing the local public about the proper way of setting up and maintaining a salt water aquarium. This letter was provided to a representative of the PSAS board. I also offered to help move this foward. We just need their blessing, a spokesman and place to do the interview. Presuming there is support, I will make the media contacts and coordinate with the various parties. I guess a good question is, does membership support an effort such as this?

Bruddah Chrispy
06/25/2003, 05:06 PM
It might be useful to create a one page summary, print many copies, and distribute them to the local theatres.

arkman
07/01/2003, 11:58 PM
gotta work it at the sources - check out the LFS (including deathco) - thats where the travesty begins.