PDA

View Full Version : errr.... Massive power outtage

EdgeKrusher
06/24/2003, 07:25 AM
This blows. I don't know if any of the rest of you were affected by the storm last night. But around 2:30 AM I woke up to this loud boom, followed by a pop, and then the clock went out. And I heard the worst thing... my skimmer stopped! What to do, nothing, so I went back to bed thinking that the power would be restored by the time I woke up for work. Nope and now My clown fish is swimming near the top, suffocating and there's nothing I can do. I guess the worst that will happen is that I'll come home to freshly crashed tank.

Well I hope the rest of you don't share my fate.:mad2:

lilswanwillow
06/24/2003, 05:35 PM
hmmm, have you tried blowing bubbles?

i know this sounds funny, but once at my parents house the power was out for a week, and I had a oscar that wasn't having a good time, so I took an air-hose from a bubbler, and blew bubbles for about 5 minutes, every couple hours...

every little bit helps.

hmmm, other than that, not much you can do....
if it heats up, ice frozen in a pop bottle will work (I have those in my freezer at all times... it can get hot in here w/out ac)
for lights, you can TRY getting anything that needs it near a window. put it in a little container, and put it near sunlight for awhile.

EdgeKrusher
06/25/2003, 08:12 AM
lilswanwillow,
so the power was back on when I got home for lunch. My clown looked fine though I think he was mad at me. The last night around 12:00am when that big storm decided it would make a little visit the power went out again. errr.... this morning it was still out, so I just scooped out some water and poured it back in. I did that about 15 times, so I hope it keeps them happy until the power is restored.
Thanks for th Idea using the pop bottles, I know about the heat w/o AC. :)

Peace:smokin:

Edge

FastFish720
06/28/2003, 12:27 PM
Nuttin compared to me. I just got back from my week vacation to find my room reacking of wet carpet. My refugium overflowed and got everything all wet. It really blows, I just worry about people with sumps.

nezw0001
06/28/2003, 08:23 PM
I live 2 miles out of buffalo lake. My town is destroyed but our house wasn't touched. Weird. Town still doesn't have power - 5 days later. Our power was restored within 6 hours. 1/2 mile away a farmsite is totally gone. We were pretty lucky.

FastFish720
06/28/2003, 11:01 PM
Anyone know if Something Fishy got plowed over? I saw a picture of Richfield and it looked pretty bad.

EdgeKrusher
06/30/2003, 07:15 AM
Something fishy is still up and functional. I was planning on heading over there after work.

FastFish720
07/01/2003, 10:53 PM
Well since my room got flooded it has smelled really bad, but today my friend's carpet cleaning business did my room for free. They've been doing a lot of flood damaged houses lately. That's just an update on my situation.