PDA

View Full Version : Resisting temptations

Dazed1
06/23/2003, 10:00 PM
Isn't it difficult to resist temptations when you are at JP's or any good LFS for that matter ? :(

I went there last week to buy a pair of peppermint's. Came home with :
Tuxedo Urchin,
pair of peppermints
And a rock of zoo's.
Went yesterday to get 5lbs of LR.
Came home with 14 :o ,
Bubble Coral and asked him to get me the following :
Six line wrasse,
two powerhead's.
And picked up an orange ricordia

In about 2 week's (when its my b'day :D ) I'll be picking up a squamosa.

he also had gotten an open brain for which i was tempted, but stayed away :o

[homer's voice] Must resist temtation[/homers voice]

On a side note, the six line got stuck in the new powerhead today. Few hrs after accimilation, i was just watching TV when i heard a funny noise. Saw, the fish was in the PH. Turned it off, it fell off. THen started gasping, went to net it so that I could put it in my sump/ref for a day or two. But it swam away and hid. So i moved all my rock to find it, and when i did, it hid again.
Think its going to be ok ?

And oh, here's a picture of my tank. This is before the six line, orange ricordia, and the new PH.
http://www.club3g.com/members/mayurb/tank.jpg

ladymagicka
06/23/2003, 10:30 PM
i understand... too soon for my tank, they'd prob die... You're tank looks so nice... not resisting..fish,,,, not soo bad, what's the phrase "there are worse......" (don't remember) Good Luck..:rollface:

dburr
06/24/2003, 08:52 PM
You should get a screen for that PH.

minh_han
06/24/2003, 09:40 PM
Mayur, let's see a pic of the new zoos you got. And is that the montipora frag I gave you from the last meeting at the top of the tank?

Dazed1
06/25/2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by dburr
You should get a screen for that PH.

It didnt get stuck in the PH you see in the pic. I got another PH the same time i got the wrasse and was figuring out where to put it depending on how the coral's react. I did put in a screen after that. :) Also this particular PH has a screen at the bottom, so no place of the fish to go into ;)

Dazed1
06/25/2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by minh_han
Mayur, let's see a pic of the new zoos you got. And is that the montipora frag I gave you from the last meeting at the top of the tank?

I will be taking better pic's with a tri pod soon. Probably tommorow. And yes, that is the Montipora frag I got from you. I did put them earlier on a rock, but did not stick al the pieces. Hence just two left. But the polyp's of these two are out pretty much the whole day. Including times when the lights are out. The frog spawn next to it is also the one i had gotten from you.

And as far as pics of the zoo, i'll be putting those up. When the actnics are on, they are green on the outside and orange/pink in the inside. THe new ricordia, is orange with a few blue polyps, and a little blue centre. Very beautiful ! The zoos are next to the bubble.