PDA

View Full Version : Kaelini Live Rock

Tom Berry
06/23/2003, 12:55 PM
I got 50 lbs. of this rock for my 75g. It is great. If you are looking for some nice LR, I highly recommend it. It comes with lots of coraline and colors up quickly, as long as you keep your calcium up. The coraline is multicolored. I've got various shades of red, pink, purple, green and even some orangeish and bluish patches, not just Fiji purple.

The price is good as well. I ended up getting mine from Dr. Mac. I believe Jason at PA is going to get some in next time they order. I was originally going to get Marshall Island, which is supposed to be some of the best LR. When Jason talked to a couple of wholesalers, they both said "Why do you want the Marshall? The Kaelini is nicer and cheaper."

Tom Berry:fish2:

R33f3r
06/25/2003, 09:45 PM
Did you get any critters?

Tom Berry
06/26/2003, 01:46 PM
It didn't come with much in the way of hitchhikers. I've heard that Pacific rock doesn't have as many critters as it used to. I do have various little plants and corals? etc. starting to grow on it. I added critters from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms.

http://www.ipsf.com/

If you want critters, the Florida aquacultured rock is is supposed to come with a lot. It's denser though, so you'll need more of it. Some people mix it with Pacific rock for more biodiversity.

Tom Berry:fish2:

R33f3r
06/28/2003, 03:28 PM
I like pacific and i'll just but some critters. The shape of florida LR makes me shiver. I think it's pretty ugly.