Feed back ????

KingHookJaw
06/19/2003, 12:50 PM
Great job!!!

I'll take 2 please. :cool:

Mike

partagas
06/19/2003, 01:33 PM
I hope you are gettig a nice Vic from this.

D

greenman
06/19/2003, 02:00 PM
The vic is the joy of building it and setting it up.....

DanConnor
06/19/2003, 04:23 PM
What's vic mean?

Hey, you doing it on company time right? Sounds awesome!
Order some nice big colonies, then take some little frags, as a "safety backup"!

vmiller
06/19/2003, 05:37 PM
I volunteer to house some of the livestock "backup" frags. :D

What about a circulation pump? And some of the small stuff like test kits, salt, food, etc. It adds up quick.

I'd say don't even bother having the Iwasaki's in the proposal. The tank might not look as appealing, then it will be another $200 to add actinics.

greenman
06/19/2003, 10:13 PM
i belive vic is payment Vin....

partagas
06/20/2003, 08:54 AM
A Vic, is a percentage for the person. If you are doing someone a favor by being a middle man. Someone has to pay you a Vic ( something for your time).

D

partagas
06/20/2003, 11:28 AM
Dave show this to your Boss.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204279

greenman
06/20/2003, 09:48 PM
Take 2:

http://www.capitalreefs.com/120.htm

vmiller
06/21/2003, 07:57 AM
How about ordering the live rock before everything else and curing it while you put up the tank? This should signigicantly reduce the cycle. After spending all this money, I'm sure your boss won't be happy looking at an empty and algae covered tank for a month.

greenman
06/21/2003, 08:16 AM
True but being im the one maintining the tank i figured just let it cure in the tank and do a water change....

I guess i could have them order it befor the tank is set up....

so whats your opion on the parts i picked out vin ???
Any feed back ?

vmiller
06/21/2003, 10:03 AM
I think going with the PFO ballast and mogul sockets is a good idea. Although it won't run all bulbs optimally, you can run just about any bulb.

Add another $50 to the live rock to have it shipped to the airport. Remember, I paid $187 for 120 lbs of the base rock I have. That includes shipping. Half base, half live might be a good consideration.

For the RODI, 25 gpd might be too little. You never know when you'll need a lot of water. Mine is 100 gpd and it still takes a while to produce a usable amount of water. Go to aquaticreefsystems.com . I have their oceanus 100gpd 4 stage unit. It's only $5 more than the one you have picked out.

If you have space to hide a skimmer, go counter current DIY and save $400. The primary reason I suggest this is that you have experience making these skimmers and you have proven that they work well.

I would skip the auto top off system and get a metering pump. They are very reliable which means less chance of a flood. You can even back it up with a float switch. You should really consider this since your boss might be a little angry if you flood his office :)

For the same price as the Mag 24, I would get a Gen-x mak4 (1200 gph at 4'). The mags are said to be over rated and the gen-x is a true pressure rated external pump. It will handle back pressure better, will be more reliable, and will be less likely to leak.

I think the titanium heaters are a great idea. Much safer than glass. You might also want to get a ground probe for the tank and the sump.

Most of this is personal preference, hopefully it will help.

Vin

greenman
06/21/2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the feed back very good points :)
Ill have to run a few by my boss ... and see what they think

DanConnor
06/23/2003, 11:57 AM
This is in an office space? I have never used totally uncured rock, but I hear it gets very stinky while curing...