PDA

View Full Version : Meetings, etc?

mig29
06/18/2003, 06:16 AM
Good morning,

I am both new to reefing and new to this online forum. Over the past few days I have seen a ton of good info being shared on this site, and have found a certain "detached comraderie" with many who post.

I live about 5 minutes from Danbury and was wondering if this group has regular meetings or other events, and If a "new guy" can somehow get involved. I have read previous posts regarding meetings abd group internet orders, both of which I would be interested in.

I also realize that I am possibly trying to invite myself into what might be a closed party...so I certainly understand if the group resists such an "invasion"...

I am trying to learn as much about this as I can because I absolutely love keeping my reef. Just thought I'd ask

Thanks,

Len

ThingsReef
06/18/2003, 06:26 AM
This is an open club...you can go to our site for more info and follow this forum and the site for future meeting information. Welcome aboard and check out CTARS.org

bdr127
06/18/2003, 08:40 AM
We should probably update the website if we are going to send prospective members there! :D ("The next club meeting will be on May 31 in Cheshire....") Doh! :p

pncstod
06/18/2003, 09:40 AM
Hi and welcome! We are newbies (just joined at the last meeting). Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting, it's a great bunch of people!

Paul and Colleen

minh_han
06/18/2003, 03:52 PM
All are welcome. In fact, if you know any other reefers who are not a part of the club, please invite them to come. The next meeting is June 28 in Wethersfield. Anyone know what time?

bdr127
06/18/2003, 04:10 PM
Since the meeting is a little over a week away, do you think someone could start a thread concerning the meeting? Time, directions, etc.....

mig29
06/18/2003, 07:13 PM
To all...

Thanks for the welcome! It seems that everyone I speak to about this obsession of mine works in a LFS.... and wants to sell me something.

It will be nice to meet everyone.

Len