PDA

View Full Version : Acclimating Zoo's

reefer240
06/17/2003, 05:41 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick question. I am recieving some zoanthids for the first time by mail order. Do zoanthids require the same acclimation as other corals? i.e. drip from tank to bucket? I realize temperature will have to be acclimated for.

I've bought some in the past from the lfs that I get my RO/DI water from for changes. My SG matches theirs perfectly usually, so I just acclimated them for temperature and put them in. In this case though, they are being shipped overnight, so maybe I shouldn't do that.

Thanks for the advice

arcab4
06/17/2003, 01:44 PM
i would suggest doing so. zoos are pretty tough but it wouldn't hurt to treat them as if they were more delicate. :)

reefer240
06/17/2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks Arcab. They arrived this morning at about 10:00 a.m. The shipper was kind enough to include his water parameters and his SG was a good bit lower than mine (1.022). I usually run about 1.024-025 so I thought it best to "drip" acclimate them. So far, everything is doing well, except for one blue mushroom that looks a little stressed, but I'm sure it'll bounce back.

Thanks again for the reply.

Lee

bookfish
06/19/2003, 03:11 PM
I'd never put shipping water in the system. When you're done acclimating, lift or et the specimen into the tank then dicard the shipping water.-Jim