PDA

View Full Version : Pet Warehouse

pdb
04/10/2001, 08:38 AM
Anyone else have problems with these guys?

I ordered some dry goods from them over a month ago over the Internet. I was called by a customer service rep that said they had Sunseeker ballasts on backorder (expected to only be about a week), but that they could ship the rest of my order and send the ballast later. I agreed.

On the day that my order was due to arrive, I called to check on the order status and they said that it didn't ship yet because there was a backordered item! I informed them of the original call and they shipped everything (according to them) but the ballast. When I got the order (three days late) I was missing two VHO bulbs. I called again and they said that the bulbs were sent separately and that I would get them in a couple of days. Three days later I received one broken VHO.

I called again and they said that they would send me out two new VHO's (which I would pay full price for), and that I could send the broken one back and they would credit my account (I sent the bulb back two weeks ago and my credit card still hasn't been refunded). A week later I got both VHO's.

Last Wednesday I called again asking about my Sunseeker ballast. It had been over a month since my original order. They said that they were still on backorder. I asked if they had any Icecap 660 ballasts in stock. They did and said that they could ship it the same day (Wednesday). I just got an email notice from them on Tuesday morning letting me know that my Icecap had shipped today. Almost a week after they told me it would!

I'm at the end of my rope with these people and was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences or if my case was just bad luck?

pmui
04/10/2001, 09:29 AM
sorry to hear about the problems. It may just be bad luck, I have had no problems with them and I ordered several times.

Peter

tane
04/10/2001, 09:49 AM
I didn't have problems with them most of the time. The only time there was some hassles was when I tried to buy lights from them, and I went through some of the hassles you did. Lights didn't work, missing ballasts etc. I just sent it all back and got the credit on my CC about 4 weeks later. I woudn't buy 'complicated' systems like lighting from them, but for simple stuff, they are quite good.

Joez
04/10/2001, 10:15 AM
Many orders from them without problems. Did a couple of returns that went well also.

I can see how a bad experience could sour someone to a company, but this is not a pattern with them.

joeyz
04/10/2001, 11:57 AM
I have been ordering from Pet Warehouse for more than 10 years now. Great company! Great service! Decent prices.
Now they've gotten so big that they hire any person that can answer a phone. Their customer service has gone down the tubes as far as I am concerned. I placed 3 orders with them recently. All three were messed up!!!!
The supervisor blamed all this on Pets.com going out of business and them taking the overflow from that. She claimed they take in an average of 1500 orders per day.
Now THAT'S ALOT!!!!!!! :eek1:

Zambezi
04/12/2001, 03:46 PM
I have had really good experiences with Dry Goods, but Live items have been wrong 3 out of the last 3.
I have started doing more business with Flying Fish instead.
I do have to give them kudos on their packaging though.

Bubafat
04/12/2001, 09:25 PM
Well, you'd think that if they were pulling through 1500 orders a day they would be making A LOT of money so they could hire decent people and pay them well. IDIOTS!!

Buba

pdb
04/13/2001, 05:31 AM
Got my ballast today that I originally ordered over a month ago. I had a customer service rep tell me that she was shipping it last Wednesday with UPS and that I should have it by Monday (April 9). Got an email confirmation that it didn't ship until Monday (the day that it was suppose to be here), and my friendly neighborhood mailman (USPS) brought it to me today.

I guess that the general consensus is that if all you need are reasonably priced dry goods (no livestock, or bulbs) and you don't mind the wait then they are alright.

Thanks for all of your input.