PDA

View Full Version : adding second percula??

ocean
04/09/2001, 10:14 PM
I currently have a false percula in my tank. I would like to add another, but am not sure how to go about this in order to minimize aggression. The fish hangs out near one corner of the tank and has kind of adopted a hang-on filter for shelter. It has gotten slightly aggressive (will nip at my hand when I rearrange rock or otherwise stick my hand on "her" side of the tank). If I decide to add another, how should I do it? Pick a larger fish? a smaller fish? a different species? if another species, would a tomato clown be accepted? what about a true perc.? Well, TIA!

Carlos
04/09/2001, 11:17 PM
You can add another percula to the tank but just make sure that it is no more than half the size of the one you currently have. The one you currently have most likely has turned to a female so you need to introduce a juvenile that the female can easily dominate!

You can also add any of the Skunk clowns as they are very dosile and not aggressive clowns. Adding a Tomato clown to your tank might be a bit risky as the tomato clown is considered the second most aggressive clown (after the Maroon).

Carlos

ocean
04/10/2001, 07:32 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I had heard similar conversations about adding another perc, but couldn't remember if you were supposed to add a bigger fish to dominate the current...or a slightly smaller fish to be dominated. Thanks again!!