PDA

View Full Version : equipment

liv4speed1
06/13/2003, 01:49 PM
I have a new tank, 30 gallons, cycling now (middle of the ammonia spike) :-\.

I've been doing research on these little guys, and I know that I'd like to have some in my tank. I assume that they will be okay with one or two clownfish in the near future (or at least I hope they will)

Anyways, getting to the point

I have two 55 watt 10000K bulbs with the neat little reflectors (it was the bright kit from ahsupply). Thats about all I can tell you about lighting :-\.

I have two powerheads in the tank, and my return from the wet/dry filter to create a current in the tank. So i feel I have enough circulation for them.

My question is:
With one or two other fish, and some anemone and soft corals, will I be able to keep these guys in the tank? I'd hate to get them only to find out I dont have enough equipment. Do I have enough to keep them alive?

Thanks!

arcab4
06/13/2003, 02:13 PM
sounds good. only thing is the anemone. they do tend to move around before they are happy and i've had my anemone plant itself right now on a patch of zoos. if you want an anemone, make sure to put it in first and let it find a place where it's happy.

but to keep an anemone you'll need pristine water conditions and your tank should be pretty mature and you need good lighting.

your lighting should be fine for the zoos. the clownfish will be okay with the zoos also.

good luck!

hth,

johnny

liv4speed1
06/13/2003, 02:59 PM
johnny,

Thank you very much. That was exactly the information that I was looking for :D

arcab4
06/13/2003, 04:17 PM
no problemo. good luck with everything and send us a picture when it's ready. :)

MDKyleZ
06/22/2003, 07:20 AM
Sounds good to me.

liv4speed1
06/22/2003, 06:57 PM
lol, I have LONG forgotten about this post. So i opened it, starting reading it, and was shocked at how similar it was to my other post on this group :D

Anyways, I was told at the LFS that that light isnt enough to grow anything :lol: . So i'm happy, now I just have to find some around me (mail order is the last option for right now)