PDA

View Full Version : Intorducing Stanley

Bryan Thompson
06/13/2003, 11:46 AM
I know this is the mushroom forum but i consider most of you friends and I wanted to introduce Stanley to the group. Meg, Dan, and thier friend Hoss were my inspiration for getting Stanley. He stayed in QT until he was eating good and now he has 260 gallons of play room. He is awesome.

http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Stanley%201.jpg

http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Stanley%202.jpg

Hope you like him as much as I do!

Bryan

va_reefman
06/13/2003, 01:45 PM
Bryan,

That fish doesn't look nice in a mixed tank. He's better off iin my all SPS tank....you hear me, bag him and send it over night so I can give him a good home....:)

Bryan Thompson
06/13/2003, 02:47 PM
VA_Reefman

You talk me out of all my good ricordia but you will not get Stanley!!

Rumor has it that yellow ricordia may be on the way!! Start making room in the tank.

Bryan

clamster
06/13/2003, 02:56 PM
Bryan,
isn't that a porcupine in your reef tank?

I got a 26 g bow front plumped up to share the same sump
as my reef tank. The 26g houses a dogface puffer, but if he
gets into the reef tank (not that he could), I would be severely
depressed.

va_reefman
06/13/2003, 03:02 PM
Bryan,

I am ALWAYS ready when you are....just upgrade my 37g to 250w radium today. Their color jumped out at me when I turned it on for the first time. They are so beautiful.

I was about to order the electric green piece on your site and found out that it sold....:mad:

Well....i know you will make it up to me with yellow then:p

Have a nice weekend.
John

Bryan Thompson
06/13/2003, 04:18 PM
Clamster,

Yes that is a porcupine puffer in my reef. He loves it in there. Why would you be depressed if your puffer made it into the reef?

John,

Call me or email me about the ricordia. I promised Kevin I would keep from discussing actual stuff for sale in the forum.

Sorry Kevin.

Bryan

^CelticReefer^
06/15/2003, 06:36 PM
I keep a porcupine puffer and a picasso in my reef. The fish came first, I slowly started adding softies. Nothing was ever eaten. Your lucky yours is cool like mine.
Brian

Mmaggicc2
06/19/2003, 04:48 PM
Love those blue eyes :D
Thanks for sharing the pic!

Zepplin
06/23/2003, 05:06 AM
Hey Bryan!-I'm so glad you decided to join the "porcupine puffer in a reef tank" club !!!!! We need more good homes for porcs. I love to see puffers in the proper size tank-and your looks more then accommodating.

Stanley is soooooooooo adorable. How long have you had him? How is he eating? Is he acting lively-looking good?

I can't wait to get a 400 gallon system, so we can get little Hoss a girlfriend.

Just for those who doubt, my puffer lives peacefully with SPS, LPS, softies, 5 shrimp, and varying other inverts. He does occasionally snag a cerith, but he's well worth it. He's my lap fish!

So awesome Bryan-great picture, beautiful tank!!!!

-Meg :) :) :) :) :)

P.S. What a great name-Stanley

Bryan Thompson
06/25/2003, 10:33 PM
Meg,

Stanley is still getting used to the big tank. He is eating like a horse. I feed frozen mysis and he loves it. He sits around a lot but is getting more active every day.

He has not touched a thing in the tank and I have about every type of coral and invert in there. I just wish I had room for a few more.

Thanks again for the inspiration.

Bryan

Hey how are the ricordia doing? I never did see the pics.

Zepplin
06/25/2003, 10:40 PM
I'm very happy to hear Stanley is well adjusted. I bet he does love the room!

The ricordea are fabulous, very beautiful. In fact, I should, with Dan's parents arriving home this week, be able to borrow the digi cam and snap some pictures. My tank's photo documentation sure has become lax. I've been so busy with coursework. I'm in summer semester right now, taking care of a class I hate too much to bother with during the year. I should get back on the horse soon...hopefully. I hate math (sigh).

-Meg :)