PDA

View Full Version : Copperband butterfly

thephoenix48
06/13/2003, 10:22 AM
I purchased a large australian net caught copperband butterfly from the Marine Center only to have it last one day. Bag collapsed in shipping and stressed the poor baby too far. So now I am a man on mission. I need to find a copperband locally. I am asking this group to please keep an eye out for any that might show up in a store, someone's tank, or elsewhere. If you help me find one that is not starving to death there's a nice frag in it for you. Thanks

Henry

KorbinDallas
06/13/2003, 10:43 AM
Call Todd Mullman (spelling?) at 614-774-7086. He has a home business going and he says he can order just about anything. Tell him Tim sent you.:)

pyranha
06/13/2003, 09:02 PM
Actually, Todd has copperbands in both show tanks and all 3 stock tanks. I have seen them and they are really nice. I am sure he would part with one of them.

NorthCoast
06/19/2003, 12:03 AM
Henry,

Did you get your fish? Is there a particular reason for the butterfly fish? Just curious...

Later,
NC

thephoenix48
06/19/2003, 06:24 AM
North Coast,

Have not replaced it as of yet. Did get a credit for the dead one from the marine center. Had to send the dead one back...Never had to do that with Flying Fish. God I miss them!!. I am looking for one to curb an outbreak of aptasia in the main tank. I tried peppermints however they end up being dinner to one of my wrasses every time. I am not so sure I don't have some other unseen predator lurking in the rockwork as well. So shrimp are out. I also got a Klien's butterfly. It leaves the coral polyps alone and the one I had years ago ate aptasia as well. I have him/her/it in the main tank now and will see if the population drops any.

NorthCoast
06/19/2003, 10:43 AM
I would be willing to lend (or even sell) my racoon butterfly. It is doing wonders for the anemone pupulation in my display. Interested?

Later,
Mark

thephoenix48
06/19/2003, 03:48 PM
Mark I would buy that racoon from you in an instant if I thought that it would not mow down my sps polyps. What anemones is he eating in your tank? I have three large anemones, a riterri, a carpet and a long tentacle. wonder if he would harasses these as well. What do you think?

NorthCoast
06/19/2003, 09:39 PM
It is eating Anemonia majano and my Curly-cue are gone! It also is munching on my GSP and some zoanthids, but, they will come back.

It seems to like the smaller polyps...

It really would be a last resort, but, would most likely clean your problem up.

Just let me know. I might be returning it to Jack's next week. I am sure I will not get what I paid for it... but it was worth it.

Later,
NC

leykis1o1
06/19/2003, 09:42 PM
does TODD have a e-mail? or a RC Member?

pyranha
06/19/2003, 09:58 PM
Todd's e-mail address is TMelm6@aol.com.

leykis1o1
06/19/2003, 10:12 PM
cool thanks

thephoenix48
06/22/2003, 02:29 PM
Got my replacement copperband from the marine center yesterday. Yes they replaced it with no problem once I returned the dead one. Shipped with tons of water and bagged at least 8 times!!!. The Copperband is really large. Began picking at the rocks today so I guess it is ready to eat. My big fear was that the big tangs in the tank would harass a CBB to death literally but this one is so healthy and large that it corners the biggest tang and is not intimidated at all. Just hope it takes a liking to the aptasia. The marine center is not the cheapest by far but the limited times I have ordered the service has been top notch. Thought you guys and gals should have the benefit of this experience.

henry