PDA

View Full Version : which ,if any, anemone is the hardiest

aLittletank
04/09/2001, 12:42 PM
thanks
Allen

Carlos
04/09/2001, 11:19 PM
Bubble tip anemone seems to be the easiest anemone to keep. One has to remember that under the right conditions, all anemones seem easy to keep and under bad conditions, even the bubble tip anemone will not last.

It all depends on your setup.

joeyz
04/10/2001, 03:39 PM
Is it true that the bubble tips grow like crazy under the right conditions and can quickly take over a tank?

Carlos
04/10/2001, 11:56 PM
I would not say take over the tank. The reproduce by splitting and under the right conditions they can do this frequently but it is not like they are small ones that pop up all over the tank. When the anemone splits, you can see and then remove the clone and give it to someone else or sell it back to your LFS.

I would not worry about them taking over the tank.

HTH,

Carlos

joeyz
04/11/2001, 08:35 AM
Would you recommend putting one of these in a tank with alot of corals?

Carlos
04/11/2001, 03:02 PM
That is a gamble just like with any other anemone. They tend to wonder around until they find the nice spot that they like.

Also, bubble tip anemones will hide when they are just added to the tank and then they will come out a few days later.

chromis
06/26/2001, 03:33 PM
would it be possible to keep an anemone in an sps tank? I am setting up and sps and clam tank and it would have great lighting for an anemone.

thanks
andrew