PDA

View Full Version : Show me what your green monti cap you got from me looks like

dadevil23335
06/11/2003, 09:45 PM
Hey Guys,

Just like the subject said...show me the Green Monster:D It was brought to my attention to start this thread to see how much this cap has morphed in different people's tank. I didn't know whether I should post this in the reef discussion for those outside SoCal, but I guess we'll start here.

Here's the mama
http://www.members.aol.com/dadevil2335/green.jpg

o2manyfish
06/11/2003, 10:23 PM
Hey I want to play.....

Oh wait ...............You didn't share with me.

Damn - Left out of the loop again !!!!

Maybe next time.

Dave B

laverda
06/11/2003, 11:44 PM
Hi
Looks buetiful!
Steve

SurferStevo
06/12/2003, 01:02 AM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Now it's dark :rolleyes:
I did take a picture but - I promise to take a better one tomorrow when the lights are on. It's doing well, growing slowly but surely & encrusting the overflow box. I may move it sometime soon (planning an upgrade to a CPR overflow).
Somewhere on this thread is the original pic (day one) but I could repost for comparison if you're interested.

dadevil23335
06/12/2003, 01:08 AM
Dave B - I got your back the next time I see you.

dadevil23335
06/12/2003, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dadevil23335
[B]Dave B - I got your back the next time I see you.

Steve - yeah, take some pics tomorrow when the lights are on.

Steve Berman needs to post his also, it's a different color now.

o2manyfish
06/12/2003, 01:18 AM
I am curious to see Steve Bermans frags.... Cause I know SCOTT Berman's **** is doing really good :)

Dave B

dadevil23335
06/12/2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by o2manyfish
I am curious to see Steve Bermans frags.... Cause I know SCOTT Berman's **** is doing really good :)

Dave B

Smart A**:D

I was thinking of Steve Garrett when I wrote this to see how my caps looked in his outdoor set-up. Then I had Steve(srfmon) and Steve (Laverda) all confused:confused:

Sorry Scott, got the last name though;)

dattack
06/12/2003, 04:12 AM
Here's mine I got from you Lyndel.

http://www.globaldialog.com/~jrice/coral_page/monti_c1.jpg

dadevil23335
06/12/2003, 10:35 AM
Dat - no pic!:(

SurferStevo
06/12/2003, 10:56 AM
Okay here is a quick shot. It's tought to get a good shot.

o2manyfish
06/12/2003, 12:35 PM
Okay,

Even if I can't play on this thread cause Lyndel hasn't shared with me yet....

I like the idea of the Monti options available. Is it okay to expand this thread to include what Monti Caps people have locally ?

I have:

Lavendar Monti Cap - From Carlos
Green Monti Cap - From Shawn Bennett, From Carlos (no color)
Purple Edge Monti Cap - From Carlos (has no color - but growing)
Purple Edge Monti Cap - From Carlos (Mustard with purple edge in the sun)
Purple Edge Monti Cap - From Pierce
Red Monti Cap - From Carlo
Yellow Monti Cap - From Steve Garrett
Sky Blue Monti Cap - From Steve Tyree (Grey with Blue Edges currently)

I would like to find a bright yellow piece.

Dave B

dadevil23335
06/12/2003, 08:47 PM
Steve - that cap is looking good buddy...good growth. How long have you had that again?

Dat - very funny....I wish the green cap turned that color in my tank, and I know you didn't get that lavender one from me because mine is still small.

Dave B - stop making me drool or else i'm gonna be over with a grocery cart shopping for corals:D

royb
06/12/2003, 09:51 PM
I got this from Lyndel on 5/22/2003

royb
06/12/2003, 09:52 PM
Here is is today...a little lighter...and a little bigger

royb
06/12/2003, 09:54 PM
all the smooth on the tip is new growth....a little more than a quarter of an inch

SurferStevo
06/12/2003, 11:48 PM
Good growth Roy.
Lyndel I got that piece from you around 3 months ago (3/8/03 actually). I finally had to glue it down my bi-color kept moving it around. Noticeable growth I'd say. This is a picture of day #1.

http://www.surferstevo.com/images/temp/rc/frag2.jpg

dadevil23335
06/13/2003, 01:00 AM
Roy - looks good man, the edge looks like it's turning purple.

Steve - that's a pretty significant growth you had there:D

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:18 AM
dont worry about the name i have been called alot worse i guess i need to go turn on the lights and take a pic tired of polishing anyway

hey dave are any of those frags reserved for me i have a green with blue edge for you

o2manyfish
06/13/2003, 01:27 AM
Scott,

I told you I have a piece of the Sky Blue Monti for you.

I also have a piece of Monti Danae which is growing like crazy. I can frag a piece of that for you.

I also have some purple encrusting for you.

I think you have everything else I have and more......

See if Lyndel shared with me as well as you and I then everything would be groovy... Maybe even the middle east would be peaceful... But no Lyndel has segregated me out, he shares with everyone else.....Just busting you your frags Lyndel :) :bum:

Dave B

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:35 AM
i have a big purple encrusting for you as well as the green with blue edge i will and see what else i have now let me try this pic

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:36 AM
not the best pic will try again tommorrow when the halides are on

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:42 AM
if you look at the pic you the purple monti at the top left i can frag that also not sure what it will do in you r system it is changing like crazy in mine

dadevil23335
06/13/2003, 01:46 AM
Scott - wow you can totally see the color on the rim...one of the swirls on the mother colony is turning into a purplish/blue color and the others are either faint purple or cream. Is that my purple monster your holding for me?;)

Dave your killing me...i'll be right over and bring you your frags so you can shut your yap:D No really, next time i see you i'll hook you up with a near colony size frag

o2manyfish
06/13/2003, 01:55 AM
Lyndel,

You'll be right over.... Should I turn on the lights in the yard so you can pick the frags ya want ?

You better hurry... Now that I have started selling frags over the last couple of weeks I only have about 450 frags left.

Dave B

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:55 AM
the pm is on the other side of the tank up higher it is starting to color up joe had it low in the tank and his lights were old so it lost alot of color but is comming back nicely

sberman
06/13/2003, 01:56 AM
can i come over to

dadevil23335
06/13/2003, 02:12 AM
Dave - you better have a full tank when I get there, 450? Your slacking brotha, get to work and stop messing around with those girls

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/13/2003, 03:27 PM
Here's mine Lyndel,

It's actually a little darker. The edges have become more and more purple but dont show up in the picture at all. I'm not good at taking pictures with my dad's camera:) From the point where there's a ridge and it starts growing upwards, that's the new growth since january 26.

dadevil23335
06/13/2003, 06:10 PM
David - I can see the purple a little bit....man, it's amazing how this things morphs. What light are you using?

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/13/2003, 06:54 PM
it's a 150 watt pendant 6500k screwed into my hood:D

I have a spared 36 watt ballast and 2 36 watt atinic 03's for it but i dont know how to hook it up. The ballast is from AH supply and the bulbs are from hellolights. ANybody know how?

Old Yeller Tang
06/13/2003, 07:32 PM
Dang Lyndel,

You told me it would stay green!lol:D

Roland

http://rolandsreef.freeservers.com/images/purple_cap..jpg

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/13/2003, 07:44 PM
LOL.

is it starting to turn brown there? on the top right

Old Yeller Tang
06/13/2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by BlAcK_PeRcUlA
LOL.

is it starting to turn brown there? on the top right

Actually, it turned nearly all brown!:( Probably the biggest disappointment of all my sps'. I just added stronger lighting and it looks like it might be on it's way to a comeback!:cool:

Roland

SurferStevo
06/13/2003, 09:29 PM
it's a 150 watt pendant 6500k screwed into my hood:D

I have a spared 36 watt ballast and 2 36 watt atinic 03's for it but i dont know how to hook it up. The ballast is from AH supply and the bulbs are from hellolights. ANybody know how?
BP - I'm not sure about the hellolights one but I took some pictures of my ahsullpy kit because it's easier to show than explain. Basically there are wires from the ballast & wires from the plug.
Ballast to plug wires - white wire to white wire
black to black
& green gets grounded to the ballast
see this first pic to see how the other side hooks up (yellow & red wires) Also note that the to red wires on the end are jumper wires.
Oh BTW - just so I'm not totally off topic, you can see the monti-cap on the right side of the pic (just to the right of the glass)

SurferStevo
06/13/2003, 09:30 PM
Here's how to wire the other side of the ballast.
If you need more help - just PM me.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/13/2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the help steve.

The ballast was already hooked up to the plug but not to the bulbs anymore. I had 2 36 watt bulbs from ah supply and one broke and fried and the other one is old anyways. The ballast has 4 red and 1 yellow that splits into 2. The hellolights bulbs have a green and a red. So i could match the reds but i dont know if i should put the green with yellow. Ed (fridmani) said he could help me out so i think i'm gonna swing by and see if he gets it.

dadevil23335
06/13/2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Dang Lyndel,

You told me it would stay green!lol:D

Roland

http://rolandsreef.freeservers.com/images/purple_cap..jpg

I'm sorry Roland, I'll take it back then and i'll give you another frag of the green monster;)

MrSandman
06/14/2003, 01:21 AM
Roland,

I want a piece of that!!!!! :D

Here are some before/after shots of Lyndels calcium hog. After about 5 months this thing has nearly quadrupled in surface area! When you give frags of this thing away, i think you need to provide with it a disclaimer of some sort. I think Lyndel owes me about a half a container of Caribsea ARM. :D

1/4/03
http://home.earthlink.net/~mrsandman3/images/SPS1/greencap.jpg

6/13/03
http://home.earthlink.net/~mrsandman4/images/misc/lyndelcap.jpg

dadevil23335
06/14/2003, 01:54 AM
Very nice growth ramon, yours is the only one so far that hasn't changed too much from the original color. It's getting to be as big as mine. I guess I'm gonna have to start stocking reactor media and kalkwasser for interested buyers of this thing.:D

This is a good example of the warning I tell everyone about this coral, it will take over your tank. Something to compete with the aiptasia and mojano's for tank space.:D

o2manyfish
06/14/2003, 02:23 AM
Okay Lyndel,

You made me feel bad, that I didn't have enough. So today I ended up bringing home 3 packed boxes from Walt Smith.

So you let me know when you want to come shopping.

Dave B

sberman
06/14/2003, 03:09 AM
are yo going to have enough room for all that new stuff

your system has to be getting full with everything stating to grow now

AlgaeMan
06/14/2003, 09:31 AM
I just moved this guy closer to the lights. I hope he develops a purple rim.

http://www.myreefworld.com/pics/olivecap02.jpg

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/14/2003, 10:40 AM
That's not lyndel's is it?

Ramon, how come you got a big multi level piece?
:D Also, how did you attach it? Did you just stick a wad of epoxy on the underside and stick it to the rock?

Old Yeller Tang
06/14/2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MrSandman
[B]Roland,

I want a piece of that!!!!! :D

Ramon,

You got it! Are you going to SCMAS Swap? I can have it for you there. It's not nearly as purple as when I first got it due to my weak lighting but Paul said his frag purpled up nicely!:cool: Wilbur said his purpled up but then it turned orange!:confused:

Roland

AlgaeMan
06/14/2003, 01:35 PM
Sorry guys. I didn't read the forum heading. This is a wild cap I bought from a lfs.

dadevil23335
06/14/2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by AlgaeMan
Sorry guys. I didn't read the forum heading. This is a wild cap I bought from a lfs.

We'll only accept that apology if you send everyone one of us a frag of that nice monti cap:D

SurferStevo
06/14/2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by dadevil23335
We'll only accept that apology if you send everyone one of us a frag of that nice monti cap:D
LOL! :D http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/wink.gif

Konadog
06/14/2003, 07:33 PM

I'd be happy with a frag of yours! We need to talk.

dadevil23335
06/14/2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Konadog
I'd be happy with a frag of yours! We need to talk.

Ken - Just shoot me an email when you want to pick one up. You're one of the closest reefer to me and you haven't come by yet. dadevil2335@aol.com

dadevil23335
06/14/2003, 09:25 PM
That's not lyndel's is it?

Ramon, how come you got a big multi level piece?
:D Also, how did you attach it? Did you just stick a wad of epoxy on the underside and stick it to the rock?

David - Ramon was one of the lucky few to get a huge almost colony size frag from me and it has done really well in his tank as you can see.

o2manyfish
06/15/2003, 07:32 PM
Lyndel,

You are the man !!!

I can't believe how awesome the frags are you brought this weekend.

I only hope your as happy with the frags you got from me as I am with what I got from you.

I can't wait to the see the red Monti Cap with the Green edge color up even more in the sun !!!

I am glad I waited. And your frags make mine look small.

As soon the color stabilize out in a few days I will post some photos.

Where did you get the Yellow Zoo's with the Electric Blue Centers.... I can believe they are as bright as my Ultra Electric Crocea. I glued a couple of them to my Gold Maxima's I think when they cover the shell things are going to look awesome.

Thanks again Lyndel. I don't care what Scott or Steve Berman says.... Your one of the best. :)

Dave B

sberman
06/15/2003, 07:44 PM
dont start trouble i think he is the best to

glad to see he made it over i told him about it yesterday when did he come over

dave check your email to

dadevil23335
06/15/2003, 08:54 PM
Lyndel,

You are the man !!!

I can't believe how awesome the frags are you brought this weekend.

I only hope your as happy with the frags you got from me as I am with what I got from you.

I can't wait to the see the red Monti Cap with the Green edge color up even more in the sun !!!

I am glad I waited. And your frags make mine look small.

As soon the color stabilize out in a few days I will post some photos.

Where did you get the Yellow Zoo's with the Electric Blue Centers.... I can believe they are as bright as my Ultra Electric Crocea. I glued a couple of them to my Gold Maxima's I think when they cover the shell things are going to look awesome.

Thanks again Lyndel. I don't care what Scott or Steve Berman says.... Your one of the best. :)

Dave B

:confused: HUH?

Dave B - did someone go out to your place impersonating me or something? Unless I was sleepwalking again, I don't remember heading out to your place, I didn't know about your little sale until Scott told me about it. I hope I got something nice, something blue, but I can't see anything new in my tank. Did the guy look like Brad Pitt because i've been known to look like him:lol: j/k

Anyway, man you must've gotten me confused with another filipino reefer, but I will gladly take some frags in compensation. I know I didn't make it there for sure because I was at my brother's graduation and we were entertaining family all night. So can you clear up this confusion unless I did make my way out that way the my drunkin stage:confused:

sberman
06/15/2003, 09:20 PM
all the pics of lynels monster cap

o2manyfish
06/15/2003, 09:24 PM
Scott,

I think I heard Lyndel was going to post the photos this weekend, but then while drunk at his brothers graduation, he accidently over wrote the photos trying to get pictures of drunken family members trying to frag corals with Chopsticks, and wooden spoons.

I heard he was going to post those photos for fun... but apparently the family photos were a bit to risque for the family members on RC.

Dave B

sberman
06/15/2003, 09:51 PM
i am staying out of this

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/15/2003, 10:01 PM
:confused: you guys lost me last page in this discussion.

dadevil23335
06/16/2003, 03:21 AM
Scott,

I think I heard Lyndel was going to post the photos this weekend, but then while drunk at his brothers graduation, he accidently over wrote the photos trying to get pictures of drunken family members trying to frag corals with Chopsticks, and wooden spoons.

I heard he was going to post those photos for fun... but apparently the family photos were a bit to risque for the family members on RC.

Dave B

It wasn't for me to post, it was for everyone else that got my cap to post. I think Dave's been sniffing too much kalk:D BTW, not every asian uses chopsticks:rolleyes: , the wooden spoon on the other hand:D

Hey Dave, did you ever figure out who stopped by your house the other that you mistaken for me?

sberman
06/16/2003, 03:25 AM
you tell him

just checked out your website again thanks for the pic

nice tables you have been busy

Old Yeller Tang
06/16/2003, 09:14 AM
Will the real Lyndel please step forward!:D

Btw, my purple cap is starting to turn purple again!:)

http://rolandsreef.freeservers.com/images/top_view.jpg

dadevil23335
06/16/2003, 10:53 AM
Roland - that cap is looking good, is that under the 250's now

Old Yeller Tang
06/16/2003, 12:32 PM
Roland - that cap is looking good, is that under the 250's now

Yeah! I installed them finally last weekend along with my new reflectors. Definitely a difference!;)

Roland

o2manyfish
06/17/2003, 02:16 AM
Now Lyndel,

I am a Jewish Reefer, and an aquarium racist... To me all you fraggers look the same. ( Please don't anyone take parts of that statement seriously -- I am just having fun )

Lyndel,

I did get up to Scott's house today. He is complaining his tank is full, but I know he has lots of room without even upgrading to his new 180.

I thought I was getting good growth. But Scotts stuff is going nuts. Scott's got a great collection of SPS, anyone that gets an invitation to visit him should grab it. Not to mention he is generous as hell to make sure you don't leave empty handed.

Roland,

I love the top down photo, is that an Emperator poking his head out ?

Lyndel, are you going to the SCMAS frag swap on Friday ?

The Hallucinating Dave B

sberman
06/17/2003, 02:28 AM
thanks for the compliments i was just treating you like you treat me when i am your place never leave empty handed

as for the 180 i am taking it with me to pauls tommorrow he said he could buff it out no problem in not time at all so that is cool it may be up and running sooner then i think cant wait

Old Yeller Tang
06/17/2003, 04:13 AM

Roland,

I love the top down photo, is that an Emperator poking his head out ?

The Hallucinating Dave B

Thanks!
Yeah, that's him wondering what tha hell I'm doing up there!:D

Roland

dadevil23335
06/17/2003, 10:22 AM
Now Lyndel,

I am a Jewish Reefer, and an aquarium racist... To me all you fraggers look the same. ( Please don't anyone take parts of that statement seriously -- I am just having fun )

Lyndel, are you going to the SCMAS frag swap on Friday ?

The Hallucinating Dave B

:lol: I didn't take it that way at all, but I'm sure others out there may have. But that's way I added on to the chopstick joke with the wooden spoon, because most filipino houses I don't know why, 'cuz we don't have these big 'ol wooden spoon and fork on display:confused: I guess I should get back to my roots and purchase one of those. BTW, I do hope to make it to the frag swap on friday.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/17/2003, 12:03 PM
'cuz we don't have these big 'ol wooden spoon and fork on display

Has anybody watched Everybody Loves Raymond yesterday?:lol:

royb
06/24/2003, 12:12 AM
Again....here is was on 5/22/2003

royb
06/24/2003, 12:17 AM
And here it is today......it's grown at least an inch in less than a month. It's even starting to encrust the epoxy and get multi level.

royb
06/24/2003, 12:20 AM
See....the new levels forming.....

by the way Lyndel your Orange Digi is growing like crazy too...they are starting to encrust too

sberman
06/24/2003, 12:20 AM
i am at work so cant post a pic but it has now stayed the green but the rim is turning blue and purple and i am also getting purple poloyps and it has grown maybe a inch to inch and a half

dadevil23335
06/24/2003, 01:55 AM
Nice Roy - looks like the rim is turning purple on yours....very nice!

goofball310
06/26/2003, 01:49 AM
most filipino houses I don't know why, 'cuz we don't have these big 'ol wooden spoon and fork on display:confused: I guess I should get back to my roots and purchase one of those.

Lyndel,

You forced me to do this:

1. You point with your lips.
2. You eat using your hands and have it down to technique.
3. You go to a department store and try to bargain the prices.
4. You find dried up morsels of rice stuck to your shirt.
5. Your middle name is your mother's maiden name.
6. You love to buy sale items even when you do not need them.
7. You say "Ha?" instead of "What?"
8. You say "Pssst!" to get someone's attention.
9. You turn around when someone says "Psst."
10. You say "aray!" instead of "ouch!"
11. You say "he," when you mean "she" and vice versa.
12. You know what TNT means.

13. You say "air-con" instead of "a/c" or air conditioner.
14. You say "Uy!" instead of "Oops."
15. You pronounce "F" for "P" or "P" for "F."
16. You have a portrait of "The Last Supper" hanging in your dining room wall.
17. You own a karaoke system.
18. You own a piano no one ever plays.
19. You have a "tabo" in the bathroom.
20. You display a big laughing Buddha for good luck.
21. You have a shrine of the Santo Niño.

22. You have a parol hanging outside the house during the holidays.
23. You cover your back car seats with bed sheets.
24. Your sneeze sounds like "Aaaahh-ching" instead of "Aaaaahh-choo."
25. You own a lamp with the oil that drips down the strings.
26. You have a giant wooden fork and spoon hanging in the dining room.
27. You have wooden tinikling dancers on the wall.

28. You hang a rosary on your car's rear view mirror.
29. You have a relative who is a nurse.
30. Your parents call each other "Mommy" and "Daddy" or "Ma" and "Pa."
31. You have a family member that has a nickname that repeats itself, i.e. "Deng-deng," "Ling-ling," or "Johu-johu."
32. You put hotdogs in your spaghetti.
33. Your cupboards are full of corned beef, hash, Spam, and Vienna Sausages.
34. You have a rice dispenser.

35. You appreciate a fresh pot of rice.
36. Your neighbors complain about the smell of tuyo on Sunday mornings.
37. You eat rice for breakfast.
38. You use your fingers to measure the water when cooking rice.
39. You wash and re-use plastic utensils and Styrofoam cups.
40. You have an ice-shaver for making halo-halo.
41. Your tablecloths have tell-tale "tuyo circles" on them.
42. You eat purple yam-flavored, ube, ice cream.
43. You fry Spam and hotdogs and eat them with rice.
44. You think half-hatch duck eggs are a delicacy.
45. You call the parents of your friends and your own parents' friends "Tito" and "Tita."
46. You greet your elders by touching their hands to your forehead.

47. You live with your parents until and at times even after you're married.

48. You make your children sing, dance, and play the piano to amuse your friends and relatives.

49. You use Vicks Vapor rub as an insect repellant.

50. You keep your furniture wrapped in plastic or covered with blankets.

51. Your dining table has a vinyl tablecloth.

52. You recycle shopping bags as garbage bags.

53. You eat more than three times a day.

54. You think a meal is not a meal without rice.

55. You feed all your visitors.

56. You love to eat daing or tuyo.

57. You eat your meal with patis, toyo, suka, banana catsup, or bagoong.

58. You love sticky desserts and salty snacks.

59. When dining out, you always fight over who will pay for dinner.

60. Everything you eat is sautéed in garlic, onion, and tomatoes.

61. You eat rice for breakfast.
62. You hang a rosary on your car's rear view mirror.

63. You make the sign of the cross before take-offs and after landings and every time you pass by a church.

64. Your second piece of luggage is a balikbayan box.

65. You are standing next to eight boxes at the airport.

66. You collect items from airlines, hotels, and restaurants as "souvenirs."

67. You feel obligated to give gifts to all your friends and relatives each time you return from a trip.

68. You're a fashion victim.

69. You greet one another by raising your eyebrows or tossing your head.

70. You ask for the bill at a restaurant by making a rectangle in the air.

71. You respond to a "Hoy!" or a "Pssst!" in a crowd.

72. You refer to power interruptions as "brownouts."

73. You're always late for events and parties.

74. You always leave your shoes or slippers outside the doorstep.

75. You hang your clothes out to dry in a laundry line.

76. You let the phone ring twice before answering, lest you appear overly eager.

77. You unwrap Christmas gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping (and especially those bows) next year.

78. You only buy Christmas cards after Christmas, when they are 50% off.

79. When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet.

80. You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.

81. You have never used your dishwasher.

82. You eat all meals in the kitchen.

83. You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers.

84. You hate to waste food....

85. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.

86. You have paper napkins from McDonald's that you use at home.

87. The condiments in your fridge are from various fast food restaurants.

88. You own a rice cooker.

89. You have acquired a taste for bitter melon (ampalaya).
90. Your parents call to ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.

91. Your parents are never happy with your grades.

92. You smile for no reason.

93. You are still wearing outdated clothing you have when you first came to USA.

94. You eat mangoes or watermelon with salt.

95. On your trip to the Philippines, you have 18 giant boxes which are over filled with things that cost an average of 15 cents each like M&M's and T-shirts.

96. You throw a party and everyone is fighting to chop the leathery skin off the dead pig.

97. You visit the oriental market every week to stock up on patis, toyo, suka, banana catsup, and bagoong.

98. You have oversized picnics in the park with all your friends and relatives.

99. You haven't gone a day in your life without eating rice.

100. You laughed at every single one of these statements and couldn't believe how true they are!

101. You bring mangoes (or other produce) with you as a gift when you visit peoples homes. - Michael

102. You're proud that your last name is Spanish, and in some cases, you seriously claim you have Spanish blood! - Angela

goofball310
06/26/2003, 01:50 AM
By the way, look at number 26

dadevil23335
06/26/2003, 02:08 AM
LMFAO:lol: :rollface:

Hey, I can appreciate a majority of those:D

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/26/2003, 02:01 PM
3. You go to a department store and try to bargain the prices.
4. You find dried up morsels of rice stuck to your shirt.
5. Your middle name is your mother's maiden name.
6. You love to buy sale items even when you do not need them.
17. You own a karaoke system.
18. You own a piano no one ever plays.
24. Your sneeze sounds like "Aaaahh-ching" instead of "Aaaaahh-choo."
31. You have a family member that has a nickname that repeats itself, i.e. "Deng-deng," "Ling-ling," or "Johu-johu."
32. You put hotdogs in your spaghetti.
33. Your cupboards are full of corned beef, hash, Spam, and Vienna Sausages.
34. You have a rice dispenser.
35. You appreciate a fresh pot of rice.
37. You eat rice for breakfast.
38. You use your fingers to measure the water when cooking rice.
39. You wash and re-use plastic utensils and Styrofoam cups
44. You think half-hatch duck eggs are a delicacy
53. You eat more than three times a day.

54. You think a meal is not a meal without rice.

55. You feed all your visitors.
74. You always leave your shoes or slippers outside the doorstep.
84. You hate to waste food....

85. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.

86. You have paper napkins from McDonald's that you use at home.

87. The condiments in your fridge are from various fast food restaurants.

88. You own a rice cooker.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not even Philipino and yet those^ are true!

Wilafur
06/27/2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Ramon,

You got it! Are you going to SCMAS Swap? I can have it for you there. It's not nearly as purple as when I first got it due to my weak lighting but Paul said his frag purpled up nicely!:cool: Wilbur said his purpled up but then it turned orange!:confused:

Roland
no joke man. it turned a nice purple, and then after a few months turned orange. weird man.

royb
07/06/2003, 04:01 PM
Mine been going through some strange color changes lately....I think because I stopped dripping Kalk. Used to be green, but now it's a tan yellow color with blue polyps...I don't know if you can see them on this picture

dadevil23335
07/06/2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by royb
Mine been going through some strange color changes lately....I think because I stopped dripping Kalk. Used to be green, but now it's a tan yellow color with blue polyps...I don't know if you can see them on this picture \

Roy, that's how Scott's cap has morphed also. Pretty cool looking though. You must have it pretty high up huh?

royb
07/07/2003, 12:00 AM
My light is really bright...it's only in the middle. I liked it better when it was green:rolleyes:

Old Yeller Tang
07/07/2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by royb
My light is really bright...it's only in the middle.

I can see why the purple dig/green polyps is doing well for you! It never looked as purple in my tank as the pic you posted but then again I had it low and weak lighting.:cool:

Roland

royb
07/07/2003, 11:48 AM
Roland,

I was meaning to ask you....what color is that wild colony of pink table in your tank. Mine has turned a lime green with pink tips.

SurferStevo
07/16/2003, 12:19 AM
Lyndel, here it is 4 months later. This shows the true colors of the cap. It's doing good. :) Taken tonight just before the lights went out.

dadevil23335
07/16/2003, 01:28 AM
wow, steve, that suckers gotten big. Good job. Let see some pics of the new aquascaping.

SurferStevo
07/16/2003, 02:03 AM
I've only done the left side. But this weekend I will finish it up. That will also include returning the bi-color blenny to the LFS for some credit torwards a LM blenny.
Here is the Aquascaping so far (http://www.surferstevo.com/images/temp/rc/070603pic4.jpg)
I'm going to attach a pic of the first day I put it in my tank. It's a little hard to get perspective on growth. But it is the first photo.

dadevil23335
07/16/2003, 02:09 AM
I thought you'd have that other side done by now. Looks so much more open with that new arrangement.

SurferStevo
07/16/2003, 02:14 AM
What can I say....I was busy last weekend! :lol:
But I've got more flat rock to put in so I'll try to do more of the same. I like the shelves & I'm going to try to do more of that.
BTW - did you notice the zoos pushed up against the back glass? Hopefully those will start to cover it. Then I can remove my background!

royb
07/20/2003, 11:23 PM
Still Growing........

SurferStevo
07/20/2003, 11:41 PM
nice purple rim! :thumbsup:

royb
07/20/2003, 11:49 PM
Yea...sometimes it's blue...sometimes it's purple...sometimes is red...

Did your stuff make it while you were surfing?....what did you get from Anthony anyway?

SurferStevo
07/21/2003, 12:10 AM
Roy, was that you this morning? Since I was never really introduced, I didn't know who you were!
Here is what I got (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217396) this morning. And some deep red zoos.

royb
07/21/2003, 12:18 AM
Yea that was me this morning....with the two rug rats....

Dude that clam is awsome....I've never seen one like it. I picked up my first Ricordia and a really cool looking red speckled big zoo

SurferStevo
07/21/2003, 01:07 AM
Oh, well it was nice seeing you! :p
I think I can give you some xenia if you still want some. The Flame angel has moved on to another patch now & these won't live too long - if you don't pick them up that is. I have a different type too that climbed up a rock & ****ed me off by stinging a different monti. cap so I cut it & it drifted off somewhere. If I find it you can have that piece too.

royb
07/21/2003, 10:56 AM
No xenia for me.....I got some and now I have the same problem you have with it climbing rocks

SurferStevo
07/27/2003, 04:28 PM
Lyndel, for reference here is the new piece (07/26/03 - day #1) of green monti-cap.
Maybe I should take daily paictures for a growth sequence! :lol:
Thanks for the second piece. :D

sberman
07/27/2003, 07:11 PM
that a pic of the green monster

lyndel did the whole coloney turn brown on you

SurferStevo
07/27/2003, 08:48 PM
It's a dark green. But it's also under Ushio's - the color is pretty close in the photo.

sberman
07/27/2003, 09:09 PM
has really changed in color then is that how it looks in his tank also did he have to frag that

SurferStevo
07/27/2003, 10:52 PM
It was dark green when I was there. Lyndel was fragging it for someone while I was there & an extra smaller piece broke as well. I happend to be there to bag it up!;)

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/27/2003, 11:15 PM
Here's the page I made. Hit the home button to check out the site.

http://www.geocities.com/black_percula/MontiCap.html

SurferStevo
08/03/2003, 11:14 AM
David - I just finished my page. Here is the link to it http://surferstevo.tripod.com/monticap.html

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
08/03/2003, 01:19 PM
Nice Steve! Geocities would never let me put that many pictures on a page:)

dadevil23335
08/03/2003, 02:06 PM
That's a pretty good job with the growth pics steve. I wish I had done that with the mother colony when I first got it.

David - you need more pics in that site man.:)

iharvey
08/06/2003, 09:00 PM
Lyndel,

Here is the green monti frag that you gave me a while back. It has grown a bit. I was neglecting the calcium and alkalinity buffer while I was studying for the bar. Hopefully all my frags will start growing a little faster once I get the levels back up and stable. Thanks again for all the frags, I am very happy with them.
I have included a pic of the green cap. I just picked up some new rock, so now it is in its permanent spot.

Ian

iharvey
08/06/2003, 09:02 PM
Lyndel,

While I am at it, here is a picture of the orange montipora digitata that you gave me. It has regained all of its color, I think this is one of my favorite corals now.

Ian

dadevil23335
08/06/2003, 10:32 PM
Hey Ian, looking good buddy...sometimes it's cool when you forget about your tank sometimes because when you finally find your way to looking at the tank, you notice all the growth and changes. Hey, post a pic of your entire tank.

ps - did you take the bar exam already? If so, when do you get the results? I'll have a congratulations frag ready for you when you find out to make all the studying worth it, besides the actual joy of passing it:D

iharvey
08/06/2003, 10:54 PM
Lyndel,

Here is a picture of my entire tank, with the new rock. I just moved everything around so it will probably take a while for everything to be happy.

Here is a pic from today. BTW I can't figure out how to take good photos with my camera. Every time I try to zoom in to get closer pics I can't get a good pic. I know you have the G-2 also. Maybe you could help me out some day.

The Bar went well I hope. I don't find out for 4 months, but I felt pretty comfortable over all. At this point it is just nice to be finished.

Ian

dadevil23335
08/07/2003, 01:26 AM
Congratulations on getting the exam over with Ian, good luck with the results.

Wow, that torch is really huge.

iharvey
08/07/2003, 05:35 PM
that is actually an elegance coral, but yeah it is huge.

SurferStevo
01/22/2004, 12:54 AM
Lyndel, I was taking some picture tonight & noticed that I'm getting a purple edge. Strange because in the 10 months I've had it I never had a purple edge before. You said it morphs but I thought it was just in different tanks.

dadevil23335
01/22/2004, 02:04 AM
Steve - what i have left of the original colony has turned into a purple rim now. I will have to post a pic to update the corals progress. No one will recognize it because it doesn't really look anything like the mother colony in size and color.

SurferStevo
01/22/2004, 02:23 AM
I'll also post a pic when I can. We'll compare. ;)

Orochimaru
01/22/2004, 09:37 AM
Here is mine as of 4/03...it is bigger now with purple trimming but still the same color:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9826&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

dadevil23335
01/22/2004, 11:12 AM
Tetra - that looks like it's as big as the mother colony was

Orochimaru
01/22/2004, 12:53 PM
I think now it is about 6-8 in. across with two more frags. One around 3-4 inch.(almost full disk) and the other is 3-4 inch.(half-disk). So yeah, it has been growing pretty good.

Orochimaru
01/22/2004, 09:57 PM
Here are the frags as of tonite:
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23512

Here is the "mother colony frag." from Lyndel:
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23510&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

dadevil23335
01/22/2004, 11:47 PM
Logan - do you have pics of your entire tank? Looks good buddy!

SurferStevo
01/22/2004, 11:56 PM
Okay, I know it's a bad pic, but you get the idea = purple edge.
I will take a better pic later.

http://www.surferstevo.com/images/temp/rc/DaDevil-cap.jpg

Orochimaru
01/23/2004, 05:40 PM
Logan - do you have pics of your entire tank? Looks good buddy!

just look in the galery section...if you are looking for a more recent than that, then I will have to take the pics. again.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
01/23/2004, 05:54 PM
Damn i thought i had a lot of xenia...

thetedinator
01/24/2004, 12:06 AM
Tetra - very nice!

dadevil23335
01/24/2004, 03:09 AM
Logan very nice looking tank man. I'm gonna have to stop by sometime and check it out in person.

dadevil23335
01/24/2004, 12:56 PM
Here is what's left of the Green monster that everyone has posted. When I first got it back, what was left was a 3" piece and now it has grown to about 4-5" diameter piece, measuring it's longest ends. The picture also isn't showing at how purple the rim is now. So, I hope to have this sucker back to the same size in no time, which was about 14" at it's largest point. It's right under my iwasaki's, so the growth has been substantial.
http://www.members.aol.com/dadevil2335/greenmonster.jpg

SurferStevo
01/24/2004, 03:13 PM
Here is piece #2. It is different as well. This photo was taken Dec. 17th. Those darn zoos are starting to crowd it out. No sign of the nudis on it yet (knock on wood!).