PDA

View Full Version : Tank Disaster!

lwalcott
04/07/2001, 09:49 PM
Well I had a big surprise when I came home after an enjoyable day out. My son went into our family room and yelled for me saying my 125 was leaking. When I got down to it there was water everywhere and it was still leaking. When I looked all over the tank I couldn't beleive what I saw. The back of my tank had a crack about 2/3's of the way down the length of it and water was spraying out of it. I don't know what was keeping it together. I quickly set up a spare 55 I had and put alot of my rock into my sump. Well everythig is under control now. Is the tank junk now or can someone replace the back glass? Well that's all for now, I'll write more later after I try to commit suicide!

6-line
04/08/2001, 08:41 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Sorry tohear that Lonnie.
Is that the new 125?
How in the world could that happen?
How old is that tank? It may still be under warranty. I believe Perfecto has like a 10 year and All Glass a 5 year. I don't think you can just replace a pane of glass, but I'm not sure.
Is everything okay?

If you commit suicide I'm sure we can find homes for your livestock. ;)

Todd

diver2reefer
04/08/2001, 09:59 AM
I'm willing to bet it is covered under warrenty. I also think you can replace one glass, but don't ask me where. Good luck

Jeff

Zeph
04/09/2001, 07:22 AM
Lonnie,

I think the warranty approach is the best, as well. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

Zeph

lwalcott
04/10/2001, 03:29 PM
Well everything is fine in the smaller tanks. I am checking on the warranty for the tank. I hope it can be replaced. Sorry everybody but I forgot to put the bullet in the gun before I pulled the trigger. No corals available.

6-line
04/10/2001, 10:18 PM
Damn!

Oh well, I don't have much room anyhow.

Hope it all works out. That's a bummer. I don't know if you heard about it or know, Larry M (aka Northern Reef) one of the founders of reef central and a moderator, had his 125 break as well (last year). This type of thing does happen--makes you think twice about large glass tanks....

Todd

lwalcott
04/24/2001, 10:03 AM
Called all glass yeterday and they told me they would replace my tank since it was under warranty. I finished setting up my old 125 and everything is doing fine. I'm glad that they are replacing the tank but now I have to look forward to moving everything one more time. Well just letting everyone know that I got great service from all-glass. Hope everbody has a great day.

6-line
04/25/2001, 08:05 AM
Lonnie, did you have to supply any kind of receipt or warranty info? Did they just take your undeniable honesty? ;)That's good to know about them and i hope I'll never have to do it (redeem a warranty, that is)
Take Care