PDA

View Full Version : Feeding and care taking of a Magnificent Anemone

katspaw
04/07/2001, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question?
I got two percula clowns last evening, and this morning they were in my Hammer coral. I have a bubble tip anemone in the tank, but the clowns are not showing any interest in it. I know that the clowns will kill the hammer with the way that they are diving into it. So, when I went to the LFS in my area to get some snails, I talked to the guys there and bought a magnificent anemone. Once I was able to release it into the tank, the perc's went straight in to it.So, the hammer death has been avoided. I fed the anemones this afternoon some silversides, Both closed up around the pieces that I placed in their tentacles. But the new anemone is quiet larger than the another one. And I am unsure of just how much silversides to give him, and I don't know if they are going to be problems with the two different anemones in my tank. Right now, I have the Magnificent on the left hand side of a 90 gallon tank and the bubble tip is on the right. But these creatures have minds of their own and so that doesn't mean they will stay there so you know. Am I looking for trouble by having two different types in my tank. Should I see about giving the bubble tip to a friend who has bubble tips in his tank with maroons. Or just leave things alone for now and see what happens?

Tracey

Carlos
04/08/2001, 12:22 AM
I would just leave them alone. If they start to get to close together, then you can separate them but sometimes, they might not move at all. Once both anemones find a nice spot they like, they will not move unless their environment changes.

There should not be any problems on having both anemones in the tank.