PDA

View Full Version : Zoos getting really long, not opening?

Dustin07
06/10/2003, 04:05 PM
SO..... am I just not offering enough light? my zoo's look like they are reaching for more light! AND i haven't seen them open in almost 2 weeks! Last night one partially opened, and another looked like it wanted to open, but neither finished.

Thing is, they USED to open EVERY day and looked fine! THEN, I moved my filters around to better meet my seahorses needs, after that, it all went downhill. So I moved my Zoo's back over and under the flow of the filter, because that's where they used to be, it seemed like maybe that was how they fed. and the current wasn't overly strong. however, they're not doing to well.

so my next guess is water quality... There were also many more fish in the tank w/ these zoo's when they were doing better. Could it be possible that maybe Iodine/calcium supplements would help?

thanks guys!
Dustin

Dustin07
06/10/2003, 04:09 PM
50watts/PC, over 10gallon. zoo's about 10"-12" from light.

katchupoy
06/10/2003, 05:10 PM
Hi Dustin,

Try to do partial water change. Since its a 10 gallon, its easy to do it. I wont go with individual supplements, unless you can do some water testing... The safest is water change, maybe 2 gallon today and another 2 tomorrow.

Good luck