PDA

View Full Version : Lombard Home Depot has John Guest Fittings!!

mhurley
06/09/2003, 10:38 PM
There was a thread about this a few months ago and none of the local HD's had them...The Lombard/Oak Brook Terrace HD just opened recently and I wandered in there for something and my jaw hit the floor when I saw 2 rows of different fittings on the wall. Needless to say, I grabbed a bunch.

Just FYI.
Mike

alpine
06/10/2003, 10:16 AM
I know how you feel mike,I went to the new HD on armitage and cicero last week and the samething happen to me.I couldnt believe they had JG Fittings as well.I am Happy they did as I actually needed a few of them for my calcium reactor.

Jorge

kaiyokanman28
06/10/2003, 11:07 AM
Okay...I'll be the one to ask the stupid question...

Exactly what do you do with a John Guest fitting? I did a search for it in google and at least found out what it IS, but what do you do with it?

Cheers!

Andy :wildone:

mhurley
06/10/2003, 11:13 AM
They're speed fittings for 1/4" tubing (and larger stuff too I guess)...At least that's what I use them for. For example, my RO/DI unit has all this plumbing to float valves and sumps and buckets and bulkheads...etc. Rather than using traditional JACO fittings to connect all the tubing that have the compression nut that you have to screw the tubing into place, John Guests just plug in and are equally easy to pop out. It saves a ton of time (hence the Speed Fitting name).
Traditionally, you've only been able to mail order them and pay $5 to ship a $1 fitting.

That make sense?

jbash
06/10/2003, 03:48 PM
I couldn't even find JACO fittings at my Home Depots (North Ave and Elston Ave stores in City both close) a couple months ago--ended up ordering as part of a Premium Aquatics order. So nice to know the new one on Armitage has JG fittings, that isn't very far.

Thanks Mike & Jorge for the info.

Micky
06/10/2003, 04:45 PM
They must be adding them to the stores, because the beford park store has them as well..

AuroraDave
06/10/2003, 05:05 PM
Mike--Check out our new Menards on New York Ave. Their plumbing section is amazing. They have things I didnt know existed and I had to find a use for them.
They also have every size hose, up to 2".
Gate & Ball valves avail in both slip and threaded...
I dont even go to HD for my tank anymore.
--Dave

mhurley
06/10/2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by AuroraDave
Mike--Check out our new Menards on New York Ave. Their plumbing section is amazing. They have things I didnt know existed and I had to find a use for them.
They also have every size hose, up to 2".
Gate & Ball valves avail in both slip and threaded...
I dont even go to HD for my tank anymore.
--Dave

I hate you and my wife hates you. ;)
I guess I know where I'll be this weekend. :lol:

Thanks!
Mike

kellypark
07/14/2003, 01:22 PM
Hello Jorge.
I went to HD in cicero & armitage few days ago and I looked everywhere to find JG fitting.
I looked every inches of plumbing section and even asked few people who works there.
They had no idea what it was.

Which section did you find it from?