PDA

View Full Version : Got too much snails, selling some

biohazard55
06/09/2003, 02:26 AM
Hello,

I went a bit overboard purchasing snails from liveaquaria and etropical, now I have too many. They've done an incredible job cleaning my tank though. :) However, In my 55g w/ ~70-80lbs LR I currently have (in terms of snails) ~
8 Turbos (1.5") $1.50 each
15 Margaritas $1.50 each
5 bumble bee (not for sale)
20 cerith $1 each
12 trochus. ($3 each)

Also
1 pencil urchin
1 sally light food
5 emerald crabs (3/4"-1") $3 each (If I can catch them)

That's just a bit too much, don't you think? All my algae is gone, and I have to throw in seaweed to feed them.

Option 1: Start another tank with just the simple stuff like heater, filter, light, and toss about half those snails in there. Do I really need a skimmer if I'm just gonna keep snails in there? (Just to keep my main tank in some sort of equilibrium eventually)

Option 2: Get rid of some of them (how many do you think?) either to a LFS or friends, or via eBAY.

Anyone want to buy some snails? I'm in Chicago (southside) Hyde Park near Univ of Chicago

kellypark
06/09/2003, 09:11 AM
Hello, bio
I like to buy some snails and emerald crabs from you.
Maybe I can also pick up some more when I am there.
maybe few turbo and 3 crabs and little more,
I live near by also and goto driving range at Jackson Park all the time.
Just let me know when.
Thanks.

shawnmarnie
06/10/2003, 12:37 PM
As far as the snails go I can buy them for the same price at LFS but I wouldnt mind a few emerald crabs and a few cerith there the sand sifting ones right?

biohazard55
06/10/2003, 12:53 PM
Hi Shawnmarine,

Wow, where do you go to get snails at $1.50? I've been going to AquaWorld at Belmont & Southport, and they don't have much of a snail stock. Which LFS do you frequent/visit?

Unfortunately, KellyPark came yesterday and took some snails and crabs already. While I still have 3 emeralds, I think I'll probably keep them, and I don't know if it'll be worth your time to just come to get some ceriths.
9 trochus
10 margaritas
4 bumble bee
~12 cerith
6 turbos.

Thanks though.
biohazard

jbash
06/10/2003, 03:53 PM
Gee if not for these forums I'd never know about new LFS. AquaWorld at Belmont & Southport? I'll have to check it out (I'm at Armitage & Ashland/Damen). I hope it is relatively new or I'm really out of it!

jim b

P.S. I'd be interested in some Trochus but too busy to get to Hyde Park for a couple weeks. If no one else buys them and you still want to sell then please let me know.

biohazard55
06/10/2003, 03:59 PM
Hey Jim,

Oh, oh, I think AquaWorld has been there forever... The trochus are great, they stay mostly on the rocks(70%) and glass.

I still have 9 trochus so if in a couple weeks you're still interested, just pm or email me.

stephen

jbash
06/11/2003, 12:04 AM
Are we talking about Aquatic World on Lincoln Ave near Belmont & Southport, in the 3000 block of N Lincoln? Double storefront? In that case I know it well, I just didn't click on the location and your name was slightly different. Its my closest LFS and I'm probably there more than in any other store. We've traded him various animals (corals, zoos, etc) for store credit.