PDA

View Full Version : elephant ear, dead?

Jansin
06/08/2003, 02:14 PM
Yesterday, and the day before we had one of those unusually hot days. When I woke up yesterday everything was in total distress. In my pre-coffee state I stared at my previously beautiful tank and tried to take in what I was really seeing.

Today I had to remove 9 corals despite water changes, adding fans, cleaned skimmer, added a poly filter, and alot of praying. I have never seen my tank go through such a rapid change. Every peramiter was way off.

Losing so much in one days time has been totally traumatizing. One shroom in particular has hurt the most. It was a 10" elephant ear. I keep hoping that he's not dead. He's green shrunk up (normally pinky beige) but still spitting out goo. I've isolated him an was hoping that someone could tell me if he's a goner. Yesterday his mouth was totally open, today he's just this pathetic blob. I'm wondering if it will just take time to reacclimate to the water change and the stress he went through. Someone have experience with these guys that could give me insight?