PDA

View Full Version : OT- Surround Sound

Noon
06/07/2003, 07:05 PM
Any of you have surround sound and have some advice on what i should look for in a system? :bum:

SmartWrasse
06/07/2003, 09:49 PM
I bought one of these all in one Sonys that plays movies and music in most digital formats. Also has a radio. The cube speakes are comparable to the bose cubes. The sub woofs well. It is simple to set up and I think it rocks.

http://store.yahoo.com/htessentials/sondavdvddre1.html

kevlouie
06/10/2003, 09:36 AM
Hey noon, could use some more info on what you want to do. Are you looking to do a hi-end system or a bare bones setup? ie. whadya wanna spend....one of my good friends has his own audio-visual business, and is da guru when it comes to this stuff, but if you want real cheap I would just go to circuit city and get one of those systems, make sure it has dolby digital and dts

aquaman67
06/19/2003, 11:01 AM
I picked up a $600 kenwood system right after christmas at circuit city. Someone returned it. No box, but everything else. Only paid $300 for it. It ROCKS!

600 watts...whoo hoo!

My 13 year old daughter's best friend saw the movie 'signs' with mel gibson 3 times. She watched it at my house in surround sound and it scared her almost to death. She knew what was going to happen and still screamed!

I'd say get the best system you can afford. A 5 disk changer is worth the extra cash if you ask me. You can load up a nights worth of movies for the all nighters!

A powered sub woofer is good too. It makes the whole house shake when something blows up. And if something isn't going to blow up, i don't wanna watch it!