PDA

View Full Version : captive bred corals closing?

EvilMel
06/06/2003, 12:10 PM
Has anyone heard that captive bred corals in chattanooga might be going out of business? Someone here told me that their friend went by there and everything was like half off because they were going out of business.

Anyone know anything?
Mel

Fishtails
06/06/2003, 04:03 PM
I heard that also. I think there last day open is July 12th if I'm correct.Don't know why though, but I'm really upset.

Pandarian
06/06/2003, 05:28 PM
can somebody down there check to make sure they are closing? cause if they are, im going to head down there this weekend. they are open on saturdays right?

EvilMel
06/06/2003, 11:58 PM
Really someone should check and see. Maybe Alex could call them for us and see if they are actually closing.

I'd be willing to ride down there with ya Donny if you want. I might like to get some stuff too.
Mel

Pandarian
06/07/2003, 09:13 AM
im actually in nashville this weekend, so me and my brother are going to head down there. ill tell you guys if they are closing.

Fishtails
06/07/2003, 09:19 AM
Hey,

I can call them and see if it's true if you'd like me too...

Fishtails
06/07/2003, 09:31 AM
Donny,

They open at 10 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. They are open today, but not on Sunday.

Tennsquire
06/07/2003, 10:09 AM
I used to go there when they were in Cleveland, TN, and that place fell apart. Then I discovered they reopened near the airport. Then the moved to a much bigger facility in Hixon. Maybe they bit off more than they can chew? They've always been busy when I've been there. Just seems like the place has a so-so kind of history. I hope it works for them.

EvilMel
06/07/2003, 10:41 AM
So I called and got the story from Leslie.

They are closing but their corals are only 10% off right now.

Leslie said if they were 50% off he'd be stocking the hell out of his tank at home.

Tennsquire
06/07/2003, 11:56 AM
Did they happen to say when they'll be closing? Man, that's a bummer. I go down there every so often to load up on stuff. I have lots of their corals. Guess I'll just have to pass them along so they live on....

SITNLOWDOWN
06/07/2003, 08:04 PM
Hello everyone im pretty good freinds with greg and its kinda up up in the air if they sell or not right now. greg told me last week thanks there last day was july 12. And he is going to sell everything up front but the stuff in the back was not for sell. well today i talked to les and he said its up in the air if they sell or not he dont honeslty know but this come from les not greg.GReg is the man who owns it and i didnt get to taslk to him today so ill keep you all up dated as far as why its for sell. to be honest greg has been making good money but from gregs mouth he said he is tired of it he told me he has been working in fish stores his whole life and he is just plain tired of it he has burnt out very bad but anyways hope this helps all of you some thanks daniel

sitnlowdownsouth@aol.com

CatDog
06/29/2003, 08:12 PM
Just a quick update...I was in CBC on Saturday and they are practically done to nothing, they even had the water circulation turned off in the frag tank.

Les, the guy running the place, said that they were downsizing, but it appears that they're just shutting down.