PDA

View Full Version : Who can claim these? (frag raffle)

pncstod
06/05/2003, 11:36 PM
Since we are newbies, it's hard to remember everyone's names, but we got two great pieces of leather during the raffle and would like to know who they are from so we can say "thanks" and keep you updated on how they are doing.

Here's the first one:
http://www.growthspurts.com/drivee/images/034887651967.jpg
That's also the healthy baby clam from JP (Thanks)

And the second one:
http://www.growthspurts.com/drivee/images/253647114391.jpg

They both seem to be doing great, opened right up after putting them in the tank :).

minh_han
06/06/2003, 07:47 AM
Nice leather and clam. I think the leather came from Bill, but I'm not possitive. I did pick up some leathers too that originally came from Bruce's tank. I passed on my third raffle win, and Mayur had a chance to win the leathers. But, he has a 20G tank with a leather in it already that was growing larger by the week, and he felt that two more leather pieces might be a bit much. So, I took them and sutured them to two rocks.

And what color is that clam? I'm glad I got the bigger one b/c it's more reliant on photosynthesis than feeding, and I'm not feeding phytoplankton to the tank.

wetone
06/06/2003, 08:47 AM
Paul and Colleen

Those leathers were mine. I had a piece of leather about 12" in diam and was creating a problem in the tank because it was shadowing everything around it. I fragged it about 3 months ago into about 30 little pieces. I have passed them around and traded some back to the LFS for credit. I still have about 5 pieces in my tank that have all grown to about 4" already. I'm glad to see those 2 are happy in your system.

Tony

wetone
06/06/2003, 09:03 AM
Here is pic of original leather...not sure how quality will be, I needed to change compression quality on file to fit it on the BB.....

dburr
06/09/2003, 06:56 PM
That first frag is the one I donated. I'm glad to see it's doing good. I have a couple more if anyone is interested.

I can't post a pic right now, my son crashed my PC when I was at the meeting. All is lost.:( If you want a pic try going to dburr1.tripod.com, I think thats it?!!

My house is crazy right now, I just had the floors redone and I my tank had to be broken down. My furniture was suppose to come in on saturday, which it didn't.:mad:
But I am getting a new tank, 90gal w/ built in overflow.:D I pick it up thursday.

Anyone need a 100 gallon tank? I deliver!

Dan

minh_han
06/10/2003, 03:13 PM
Boy, I WISH I could have another tank, but I think I better get this one in order first! Actually, I'd like to have a tall hex to keep seahorses. Paul is getting Mickey's 33G hex though, so I'll just have to wait until another deal comes by.

pncstod
06/10/2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks Tony and Dan! They are still doing great!

Paul and Colleen

Minh, The color of the calm is pretty much like you see it in the photo, just a little more vibrant.