PDA

View Full Version : Anemone " pig "

Flatlander
05/03/2000, 04:00 PM
I have always read Dr. Shimek,s articles and some others about how they feed their anemones silversides. I was feeding mine krill, etc, so far.
Today, I thawed a complete silverside about 3 or 4in. long and wiggled it amongst its tentacles.
It completely surrounded it immediately and a minute later, voila, its gone completely. Back wide open basking in the halides.

------------------
Doug Lowey

csunracer
05/03/2000, 08:25 PM
I also feed my two condys silversides every other day or so...they seem to love them. If a silverside happens to get away from their tentacles I have a faithful tomato clown who happily retrieves it for them.

Gus Paz
05/03/2000, 08:43 PM
Doug,
Just bought a long tentacle Anemone. My LFS suggested find it silversides also, bu they told me to limit it to ONE a week. Same thing, I put one in and I'll be damned if that thing wouldn't let it go no matter what. A few of my fish tried to get it out, then when the blood and cleaner shrimp smelled it, they tried to take it out of her arms. But to no avail, she didn't let go and by the next day, I saw something being expelled out..:-)

horge
05/03/2000, 11:14 PM
Do 'silversides' come with a scientific name?
So far all I feed my anemones has been fresh-killed shrimp and dying clownfish juvies. I agree anemones are complete hogs when they're happy. Crap shamelessly too.

Flatlander
05/04/2000, 05:14 PM
Horge; They are a type of small fish like a minnow. Made by Hakari. They are supposedly fortified with different vitimins also. Average about 3in long.

------------------
Doug Lowey