PDA

View Full Version : Where to get sheet acrylic in STL?

steviep
06/05/2003, 10:47 AM
I need to get some sheet acrylic in St. Louis. Has anyone heard of a place called ASI or something like that? I can't find them in the book, but was told that they sell by weight not sheet - any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve P

hallser
06/05/2003, 01:24 PM
Steve,
I think you must mean ACI Plastics. They are located very near St. Louis University.
Tim

griss
06/05/2003, 01:45 PM
Steve, I don't know if they are still in business, but I used to get acrylic from Cadillac Plastics several years ago. I believe they are in the Maryland Heights area.

George

steviep
06/05/2003, 02:10 PM
George -

I used to go to Cadillac also - I think they closed however.

Thanks.

witche42
06/05/2003, 04:21 PM
hi there,
there's a place called regal plastics on 10855 metro ct. which is actually around page and woodson rd. i went there to buy my weld-on, they will sell scrap pieces of lexan and acrylics to the public.they have a warehouse full of any size you want and will even cut it for you. prices were pretty good also imo. just thought i would put it out there, since getting to the other place might be a little hectic with construction and such.

steven

kentrob11
06/26/2003, 12:40 PM
another place is Acrylic Designs and More over off Gravios- Look em up in the yellow pages and tell them the Staff Sergeant sent ya!

moconet
06/27/2003, 10:55 AM
I just went to ACI Plastics last winter. I purchased a sheet of 3/8" Black Acrylic for my custom overflows. They were one of the few companies that would get it for me. Course, it wasn't cheap. They do however, have scrap there for about $1 a pound. Check it out!