PDA

View Full Version : 75 Gallon no more.....

Leviathan
06/03/2003, 06:38 AM
Guess what happened everyone.

I was moving the 75 gallon to a new location in the living room, and changing out putting a deeper DSB in with different sand.
The center brace snapped right down the middle, and cracked the glass near the top in the center of the tank.

Now all my livestock is in rubbermaid containers on the floor, everything LR, fish, corals & clams. I have no idea what in the world I am going to do now. As some of you may or may not know, I am disabled and do not work. Therefore I have zero cash to replace this tank. Talk about depressed!

Now I need to figure out how to get a 75 or ( 90 gallon with similar footprint ) soon.

Not meant to be a sob story, just needed to vent and it didnt really help.:(

reeferaddict
06/03/2003, 09:40 PM
that really sucks man...sorry to hear it.
Was the tank full when it broke?
Do you know the manufacturer name?

I am shopping for a new tank myself, I'll let you know if I find anything you could use.

:rolleye1:

Leviathan
06/04/2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by reeferaddict
that really sucks man...sorry to hear it.
Was the tank full when it broke?
Do you know the manufacturer name?

I am shopping for a new tank myself, I'll let you know if I find anything you could use.

:rolleye1:

Thanks,
Thankfully, it was empty down to the SB I was removing. It has spiderwebed bad, the entire front pannel looks like a traffic accident.

It was a AGA aquarium, I contacted them and since the tank was 3 years old there was nothing they could do ( I understood )

Good news is I have a brand new 75 gallon sitting on the stand as we speak, just put the new DSB in and starting to fill it up now. Big sandstorm, but better than a broken tank. :)

reeferaddict
06/04/2003, 12:03 PM
that is good news that you've already got a new tank up and running, I'm glad to hear it.

where did you get your new 75? Did you go RR this time?

Leviathan
06/04/2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by reeferaddict
that is good news that you've already got a new tank up and running, I'm glad to hear it.

where did you get your new 75? Did you go RR this time?

No, didnt go RR. I considered it, but my old system ran smooth without one.

I actually had to scrape the money together for one, this is a bad month for cash.

I ended up getting it at the new Petco out on 280. It only cost me $119.00, all there tanks are 20% off at the moment.

Icepic
06/06/2003, 09:47 AM
can i ask who made the tank

the 75 gallons tanks i have have no center brace
on top or on the bottom
but my glass is almost 1/2 inch thick
made by oceaninc

Leviathan
06/06/2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by jadams18
can i ask who made the tank

the 75 gallons tanks i have have no center brace
on top or on the bottom
but my glass is almost 1/2 inch thick
made by oceaninc

Both the one that busted and the new one are AGA

http://www.all-glass.com/products/aquariums/index.asp

Mines the 75E*

Mariner
06/06/2003, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear of your catastrophe :( . But it's great that you could scrape up enough for a new tank! By the time your through, I'm sure you'll have it looking better than ever. Were you able to save your livestock/corals etc?
Mariner

Leviathan
06/07/2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Mariner
Sorry to hear of your catastrophe :( . But it's great that you could scrape up enough for a new tank! By the time your through, I'm sure you'll have it looking better than ever. Were you able to save your livestock/corals etc?
Mariner

Thanks,

Everything seems to be doing fine at this point, with the exception of a little understandable stress. Some of the corals are recovering faster than others, but I expected this. From what I can see I will be very suprised if anything dosent make it at this point.