PDA

View Full Version : You want bulbs??? MH bulbs???

montepora
06/02/2003, 07:25 PM
OK, guys, this is what I got from this lady I read about on RC. I think it is time to power buy some 250W Ushio.

This is what I sent to her:

----- Original Message -----
From: Montepora@aol.com
To: atotlamps@attbi.com
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 6:51 PM
Subject: Ushio and Iwasaki

Linda:

Can you please let me know the prices for both the Ushio 10K and Iwaskai 65K bulbs? I need them both for 250 watt, thank you.

Also, shipping rate to area code: 11373.

Andrew

This is what she sent back:

Subj: Re: Ushio and Iwasaki
Date: 6/2/03 10:21:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: atotlamps@attbi.com
To: Montepora@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Ushio 10 k is $67.50 and EYE is $69.00

Shipping and handling to the lower 48 is $9.50

Thanks
A to T Lamps
720 Valley Ridge Circle, #5
Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: 972-219-9660
FAX: 972-420-8403
Email: atotlamps@attbi.com

Now is this time to bpower buy or what???????

:mixed:

joefish
06/02/2003, 08:31 PM
Hi Andrew,
The corals are doing fine , all show there polyops at night .
See if you can find a price on the 400w Radiums , A power buy sounds cool . I can go for some 250 ushio's also .:p

montepora
06/02/2003, 09:07 PM
Joe:

What a lazy guy. Her email address is right there, LOL!

OK, Radium 400W, Ushio 400W and let me know if anyone wants to inquire other bulbs they need.

SWW1268
06/02/2003, 09:16 PM
Hi Andrew,

I'd be interested in a 10K Ushio 250 W.

Thanks,
Steve

montepora
06/02/2003, 09:18 PM
Whaz up Steve.

OK, so far I have two for myself, dunno for Joe the lazy fish and one for Steve on the 250W 10K Ushio.

joefish
06/02/2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by montepora
Joe:

What a lazy guy. Her email address is right there, LOL!

OK, Radium 400W, Ushio 400W and let me know if anyone wants to inquire other bulbs they need.
OK...OK... I e-mailed her , I just thought since you were having dialog with her you could ask .;)
No no 250w ushios.:p
Thanks
Lazyfish oh I mean joefish .:lol:
I kind of like the new name though Lazyfish, to bad I can't change it.:cool:

Easily Distracted
06/02/2003, 10:14 PM
Any chance of getting a couple of puny 175w 10k Ushios along with the 250s?:rolleyes: I sent her an e-mail and am waiting for the price now.

joefish
06/02/2003, 10:17 PM
Hey Andrew whats up with that crazy chicken web site? I thought I was going to see some pics of your tank!:confused:

montepora
06/02/2003, 10:21 PM
What crazy chicken??? What site?? Are you drinking those German beer again???

joefish
06/02/2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by montepora
What crazy chicken??? What site?? Are you drinking those German beer again???
http://chickenhead.com/
Thats what you have down as your home page .:rolleyes:

montepora
06/02/2003, 10:26 PM
I logged on from his computer before and I forgot to log off so he did that. I know he did and he is a dead meat. He is the one who changed my signature to King of all tanks, too.

That is a funny site though, my chinese birth year is the Year of Chicken:D

Triton_Z
06/02/2003, 10:31 PM
I'd be interested in 2 250W ushios at that price. Monti, sent you a PM about.

Thanks,

Dan

montepora
06/02/2003, 10:34 PM
Hi,

I PMed you also,you can just call and get the bulb at the posted price.

I am doing this with my club buddies cause we live in the same area and meet regularly so it is easier for us to do ths. You live in NC so I would sugest you to get the bulbs on your own, OK?? HTH!

montepora
06/02/2003, 10:40 PM
Subj: Re: Ushio and Iwasaki
Date: 6/2/03 10:26:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: atotlamps@attbi.com
To: Montepora@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi, We sell at the lowest possible price on eBay. please see our listings which will be updated again over the next two days for pricing.

Best Regards
A to T Lamps, Inc.
720 Valley Ridge Circle, #5
Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: 972-219-9660
Toll Free: 866-822-8527
Fax: 972-420-8403
Email: atotlamps@attbi.com
Web: www.atotlamps.com

Anyone knows how to search on Ebay for this vendor??

Easily Distracted
06/02/2003, 11:12 PM
Try this (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=atotlamps@attbi.com&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25).

MIKE NY
06/03/2003, 08:10 PM
Hey Andrew count me in on the 250 watt ushios 10ks too. I'm upgrading.:D ........thanks Joe for the ballast. Easily Distracted, I'm running 175 ushio 10ks now. They are five months old now.

Lazy
Mike

Easily Distracted
06/03/2003, 08:12 PM
What do you want for them?

montepora
06/03/2003, 08:31 PM
We have five 250W Ushio 10K so far @ the posted price. I think I will let this end by Sunday then figure out what to do.

myself- 2
Steve-1
Mike-2

Lazyfish I mean Joefish, how many Radium are you interested?? I am not sure they have 400W Radium when I went through the list. Did you see the 400W Radium?? I saw 175 and 250. Mmmm... strange.

joefish
06/03/2003, 09:52 PM
just count me in for 2 ushio 250's
thanks
LAZYFISH:fish1:

montepora
06/03/2003, 10:32 PM
Now we got 7 Ushio 250W 10K at the posted price.This list will end on SUnday. I will most likely ask everone to paypal me before I place the order once I an confirm the price of the bulbs and shipping. Any objections?? Please let me know.

Andrew

montepora
06/04/2003, 10:32 PM
Just a FYI for the guy who wants to pool the order.

Subj: Re: Ushio and Iwasaki
Date: 6/4/03 10:18:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: atotlamps@attbi.com
To: Montepora@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

I can safely ship 8 bulbs in a box so the second box starts over at $9.00 plus .50 cents.

This is the only way we can feel comfortable that items will get there through an arduous UPS shipping process.

We appreciate your considering us as a vendor.

Best regards
A to T Lamps
720 Valley Ridge Circle, #5
Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: 972-219-9660
FAX: 972-420-8403
Email: atotlamps@attbi.com

I also send another email try toconfirm for thefact that they are selling THE Ushio 250W 10K and not some OEM from Germany. I have not gotten anything back yet and once I do, I will let you all know. So far, 7 bulb.
:D

SWW1268
06/04/2003, 10:44 PM
and it's mogul base, right? Thanks

montepora
06/04/2003, 10:52 PM
Yes sir!!

pyro383
06/05/2003, 12:40 PM
If you go to a 2nd box, can you get 175w 10k as me and easily distracted are interested

Easily Distracted
06/05/2003, 12:43 PM
I'm actually out as of right now. I'll let you know if anything changes.:(

montepora
06/05/2003, 03:14 PM
Guys:

Here is what I sent to A and T Lamps:

Date: 6/14/03 12:52:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: atotlamps@attbi.com
To: Montepora@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Yes you can call from noon to 5 pm Monday through Friday with credit card info..
Yes they are all in stock.
If you choose UPS ground it will take 7 to 10 business days.
All warranties are made by the maker of the bulb.
We do not discount more than prices already given.

A to T Lamps
720 Valley Ridge Circle, #5
Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: 972-219-9660
FAX: 972-420-8403
Email: atotlamps@attbi.com

Does it sound good to everyone?? Please let me know.

Unseentric
06/16/2003, 12:09 PM
Andrew,
Whats the deal with the bulbs? Have they been ordered? And will they, barring an unforeseen delay, be there by Saturday for the meeting?
Thanks.
Pete

montepora
06/16/2003, 12:16 PM
Sorry guys, I got side tracked. I think the bulbs will not be delivered before the next meeting. however, we can still have the bulbs send to Les' place for local pick up once I get all the $$ together. I will go home tonight and figure out if I can take paypal from everyone using my own account, OK??

Andrew

montepora
06/16/2003, 10:15 PM
OK, I think I can receive paypal payment. My email address is the account that receives the payment. So please send your payment to montepora@aol.com

Because of the time frame,I don't think we ar able to get the bulbs before this week's meeting. We have two options. One is still send the bulbs to Les' store. The other one is to have the bulbs send to my house an when I get it, I will post it here so you can all come to my house to pick up the bulbs, which way do you guys prefer?? I live in Queens off Exit- Junction Blvd. I believe it is exit 19. LOL!!

Please let me know what you guys want to do, OK??

Here is the amount for those who are on the list. The shipping is $18.50. We have 13 bulbs so we are going to split the shipping evenly. The shipping per bulb is $1.45. The total will come out to $18.75 So I will have $ 0.25 extra, LOL!!

Andrew: 2X 250W UShio SE 10K= $135+ 2.90= 137.90
Steve: 1X 250W Ushio 10K SE= $67.50+ 1.45= $68.95
Joefish: 2X 250W Ushio 10K SE + 1X Radium SE= $219.34
Mshur: 2X 400W Ushio 10K SE= $166.90
Mike: 2X 250W Ushio 10K SE= $ 137.90
Pyro: 1X 175W UShio 10K SE= $ 62.44
Pete: 2X 175W Ushio 10K SE= $124.88

Here is the price list again

175W Ushio 10K= $60.99
250W Ushio 10K= $ 67.50
400W Ushio 10K =$ 82
400W Radium= $79.99

Shipping per bulb: $1.45

Please include your name so I know who send the payment. Once I get all the payments, I will place the order with my credit card . I will also send you email to tell you that I receive the payment, OK??

PS. if people back away from this group buy, then the shipping pe bulb would increase, OK?? I can pay th difference first then collect from everyone, OK?? That is if someone back away.
Finally, for those of you that are familiar with the paypal system, do they take cut for the online payment?? If they do, how much do they take?? Please let me know.

Easily Distracted
06/16/2003, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure, but I think if someone is paying you with a credit card because they do not have their own account, there will be a 2% charge taken out when you receive it. I think there is no charge if you both have accounts. Don't quote me on this, I'm just trying to remember from past experiences.

montepora
06/16/2003, 11:21 PM
Just on the safe side guys, please let me know if you have account with paypal.

pyro383
06/17/2003, 10:06 AM
Montepora,

For paypal, as long as you have a personal account where you do not accept credit card payments, then there is no charge, if you are a premire account holder then no matter how you receive a payment then there is a fee from .7% +.30 cents to 2.7% +.30. Anyone paying you has to have a paypal account.

So the question is what account do you have?

montepora
06/17/2003, 10:44 AM
I have the personal account so I think I can get the $$, transfer the $$ to my checking account then use the check card that has the Master logo to place the order.

Cool??

SWW1268
06/17/2003, 08:58 PM
I sent you the money. If we're not going to get them on Saturday, then I'd rather pick up at your house. Thanks

montepora
06/17/2003, 09:04 PM
I have the confirmation for:

Mike: 2x 250W UShio SE 10K= $137.90
Steve: 1x 250W UShio SE 10K= $ 68.95

Plus my own two bulbs, now I have 5X 250W Ushio 10K.

Again, due to the time frame, we cannot get the bulbs in time at Les'. Both Mike and Steve have no problems picking up the bulb at my place. This Firday will be the deadline and I will plce the orer on the following Monday.

For those who paid, if people back away, then the shipingwould increase. Just few dolllars, OK??

Let me know guys.

SWW1268
06/17/2003, 09:16 PM
OK, but why don't you wait until after the meeting on Saturday? People can also pay you there.

montepora
06/17/2003, 09:34 PM
Steve:

Great idea but just that I a not sue if I can make it this Saturday. Do you minf collect the $$ for those who would like t pay cash?? I can pick up the $$ from you on SUnday since we are so close. Please let e know. Thanx.

montepora
06/17/2003, 10:01 PM
Guys:

Please do not make your paypal payment with credit card as I cannot accept cc payment. I need a merchant account for that.

Joe:

I deny your payment for the above reason. Sorry.

Andrew

SWW1268
06/17/2003, 10:37 PM
Sure, I can collect the money if you can't make it. Folks, please bring exact change. Thanks

pyro383
06/18/2003, 08:29 AM
Monte,

sent paypal, will pick up at Les when ready

montepora
06/18/2003, 09:11 AM
Guys:

Suggested by Steve- good suggestion BTW. I will place the order next Monday. If anyone of you don't have Paypal account or have Paypal account but cannot pay with checking account (I cannot take CC payment as I am not a vendor nor do I want PP to take percentage of the payment)? Please give the cash to Steve who will be there for the Saturday meeting. I have other engagement and cannot make it.

I now have the following people that have send me the dough:

Steve: 1X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Pyro: 1X 175W SE Ushio 10K
Mike: 2 X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Michael: 2X 400W SE Usjio 10K

Joefish (a.k.a) Lazyfish attempt to pay the fund for his bulbs but payment was deny cause I don't like him (LOL!!! jk)

Again, I will place the order next monday and have the bulbs deliver to my home in Queens, Elmhurst. If you have any questions about this group buy, please post here or you can call me at 347-992-4815.

If people back away from this group buy, then the shipping of each bulb would increase. Currently, the shipping cost per- bulb is $1.45.

Take care.

joefish
06/19/2003, 06:50 PM
I tried again!:mad2: I hope that is more satisfactory !:blown: JK!:D

montepora
06/19/2003, 10:06 PM
Here is the revised list of the people who paid their bulbs:

Steve: 1X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Pyro: 1X 175W SE Ushio 10K
Mike: 2 X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Michael: 2X 400W SE Ushio 10K
Joefish: 2X 250W SE Ushio and 1X 400W SE Radium:fish2:

I would like to thank Jim who added this group buy to the club's email notification. Hopefully, we can get the 16 bulbs mark.

I cannot make it on Saturday and for those of you who would like to pay the bulb cash because you don't have a paypal account, you can give the $$ to Steve and I will pick up the $$ from him.

Again, I will place the order on Monday.

Andrew

BTW, who can tell me how to transfer the $$ out of paypal and transfer the $$ into my account???

SWW1268
06/19/2003, 10:17 PM
You go to Withdraw Funds, then select Transfer Funds to Bank Account. This is assuming that you have a verified bank account.

SWW1268
06/21/2003, 07:47 PM
Andrew,

MikeNY gave me $140 at the meeting today.

Steve

montepora
06/21/2003, 08:33 PM
Steve:

Thanx, I will call you on the cell tomorrow to arrange the time to pick up, OK??

Here is the list:

Steve: 1X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Pyro: 1X 175W SE Ushio 10K
Mike: 2 X 250W SE Ushio 10K
Michael: 2X 400W SE Ushio 10K
Joe: 2X 250W Ushio 10K SE and 1 Radium 400W SE 20K
Andrew: 2 X 250W Ushio SE 10K

I will order the bulbs on Monday and have them deliver to my house. I will post here once I receive them. You an pick them up at my house or I can bring them to the next meeting.

Andrew

pyro383
06/21/2003, 09:12 PM
I thought you were going to swing by Fish Inc?

montepora
06/21/2003, 09:41 PM
Originally that is what I was going to do but we got delayed. Are you OK with this?? If not, I can paypal you back the $$ you sent, please let me know before Monday.

How was the meeting today?? I hope you guys had fun.

MIKE NY
06/22/2003, 09:20 AM
Hey Andrew,
it was another good meeting, is there ever a bad one,:confused: We collected yearly dues and a few discussions on DSB, algae problems and water current. We had our first raffle for a gift certificate. Then we had our usual frag festal. Tom with some nice LPS and softies, Tom (Oceanrealm) with some very nice SPS and Bill with macros. We finished off with our trip across the street to Fishy Inc.
Let me know when the bulbs are in. I'll try and make it to your place or I'll see ya at the next meeting.

Mike

montepora
06/22/2003, 12:14 PM
Yes, Mike, you right, all the meetings we had were AWESOME!!! THanx for the report.

Steve, your phone is not in service. Can you please give me a call when you get the chance?? 347-992-4815.

SWW1268
06/22/2003, 11:59 PM
Andrew,

I paypal'd you Mike's money.

Steve

pyro383
06/23/2003, 09:38 AM
Andrew, I can wait for the next meeting, I just was curious, thats all.

montepora
06/23/2003, 02:22 PM
Lads:

The deed is done. Since we have some guys back away from the order, the total bulbs I ordered is 10 bulbs and the shipping is $19. SO YOU ALL OWE ME FIFTY CENTS!!!:lol: (Ooops, not MikeNY)

Once I get the tracking number from A to T Lamps, I will post it here, OK???

Happy reefing lads.

montepora
06/23/2003, 04:32 PM
Guys:

FYI:

This email is to serve two purposes.
It is your receipt and confirmation of your order.
An email will be sent tomorrow following the UPS pick up at our store.
You purchased:
1 175 watt 10 k ushio
5 250 watt 10 k ushio
2 400 watt 10 k ushio
1 400 watt 20 k radium
1 250 watt 65 k eye
The total for the bulbs is $710.48
The shipping & handling $19.00
Best Regards
A to T Lamps
720 Valley Ridge Circle, #5
Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: 972-219-9660
FAX: 972-420-8403
Email: atotlamps@attbi.com

montepora
06/30/2003, 11:07 AM
lads:

I got it. Call me to arrange ransome payment.. Ooops I mean bulb pick up.

347-992-4815

Andrew