PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see in 2004?

grafxguy
06/02/2003, 03:59 PM
We are having Anthony Calfo here in September for those who are not official members of WRS.

I would like to get a idea of possible speakers you would like to see. We will have a speaker in the January-March and September-November parts of the year. So far we have had Dr. Ron Shimek and Eric Borneman give presentations.

As you know these are only made possible with active WRS member dues. So please join and support the club.

eric

grafxguy
06/23/2003, 04:44 PM
Add your list here. eric

gooch
06/24/2003, 06:55 AM
I would like for us to get Borneman again. Martin Moe?

gooch

Nano-Neophyte
06/30/2003, 09:11 AM
I'd be interested in Any of the leaders in reefing literature - Calfo, Borneman, Sprung, etc..

If none of the researcher/authors are available I wouldn't mind hearing a talk by some reefers who have inspiring tanks or who've won tank of the month (i.e. Mistress Reef, etc..).

MiddletonMark
06/30/2003, 11:30 AM
I'd vote for Borneman; even though he may have spoken recently for WRS. Top of my list.

Wouldn't mind getting a couple of the other big published guys in reefing in, but I'd go for one of these a year and then someone like suggested above - more hobbyist bent who has some great system, tank-of-month, or that can offer some great info on a specific subject/type of coral.

Maybe even some serious DIY'er who can talk about constructing calc. reactors, automation of tanks and the like. Might need to be more interactive that way - but I know I'd love to build a couple things and improve my tank's plumbing too.

Maybe some expert on reef fishes? Or Inverts?

Wish I knew good names to suggest; but maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can provide some.

grafxguy
06/30/2003, 11:35 AM
I would like Bob Fenner or Sanjay Joshi. eric

The Locust
07/11/2003, 03:30 PM
just to be different im going to say steve tyree just to here about his cryptic zone filtration deal.