PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions???

KingHookJaw
06/01/2003, 03:37 PM
If I put the zoo's that I just received onto a rock, and put wedding veil over it to hold in place.

1. Will they attach to the rock?

2. How long will it take approximately for them to attach (assuming that they can attach this way)???

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Mike

vmiller
06/01/2003, 06:42 PM
You can rest them on a rock where there's not a lot of flow and they should start growing on it. Or you can superglue them to the rock. I super glued some of mine to my overflow box. My best guess for time would be a week or two. If you use super glue, 15 seconds :)

Be careful about touching them because they can be very poisonous. It's rare that they release the poison, but possible. I read this in Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals book.

Vin

KingHookJaw
06/02/2003, 10:23 AM
What particular super glue can I use?

Can it be something that I find in WalMart or Home Depot, or is it something totally different?

Product name(s) would be very helpful :D

Thanks...Mike

DanConnor
06/02/2003, 10:47 AM
Any super glue works, but it has to be Gel! Non gel won't work at all, much too runny.

vmiller
06/02/2003, 10:51 AM
This is the glue I use. Make sure to get the gel in the blue container. I recently got the liquid in the red bottle by accident and it didn't work very well. I get it at wal mart. It's usually near the hardware and paint. You don't want the super glue that's in the stationary section.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/Loctite_Products/detail.asp?catid=15&subid=34&plid=195

There's a lot of different glues that people use. You can do a search on this site to learn more.

KingHookJaw
06/02/2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks much you guys...

Going to Wal-Mart on my lunch hour to pick this stuff up, and glue down the zoos. I'll be updating my site tomorrow with new pics of everything and a few shots of the tank as a whole.

Water change tonight....Yeahh :rolleyes:

Mike