PDA

View Full Version : animal care

wtrdragon
06/01/2003, 12:44 PM
Hello out there, how is everybody? I put my snails in the tank all but one seems to be doing well. They are on the glass and no where near the sand. Well maybe they will get there later. One is alive but does not move much it just stays in its shell. Well hopefully it is just being tempermental and will cheer up soon. The incrusting montipora has not opened up yet I was wondering how long it could take before they open? My last question is I have an egg laden shrimp (actually they are all egg laden) pepermint type, and it is turning transparent. I thought it might be getting ready to molt. All my shrimp have multed several times and they nevered looked like this. It has been this way for a few days now and appears to be doing well I was just wondering if I should expect it to get worse or is this somewhat normal? Thanks for any help.

minh_han
06/01/2003, 03:59 PM
Dan, I don't have any encrusting montipora (but hopefully will get some from Bill at the next meeting), but I have a few other varieties. You could try putting it in relatively bright light with moderate flow. It might open up today or tomorrow depending on conditions.

If you only lose one snail, then you're batting average is above normal. But, it might be just hanging out; just give the stubborn one a bit more time.

I have never had peppermints that lived long enough to breed. The mantis shrimp (that I ALMOST caught before the meeting) ate them along with my skunk cleaners. Well, if you successfully breed them and raise the babies, save me a few.