PDA

View Full Version : Good Meeting

zebrasoma17
06/01/2003, 09:35 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim and the 2 Mikes for all the effort they obviously put into yesterday's meeting. Also thanks to Joe Y. for agreeing to be our president. I really think our group is on the right track and I'm looking forward to great things. Thanks also to Les and Gary for their hospitality.

Al

P.S. I made a couple of stops on the way home last night- didn't get home until about 7:45. Anyway, one stop was Home Depot to pick up a couple of pieces of plastic eggcrate. They wanted $10.90 for a thin 4x2 sheet that wasn't even finished along one of the long ends. Last time I bought a piece it was about $4 or $5 and the quality was much better. Is this the going rate now? I'll probably try Lowe's later.

ralphie
06/01/2003, 10:51 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim and the 2 Mikes for all the effort they obviously put into yesterday's meeting. Also thanks to Joe Y. for agreeing to be our president. I really think our group is on the right track and I'm looking forward to great things. Thanks also to Les and Gary for their hospitality

Above says it all I think. Really great job you guys are doing. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in so far.:cool:

JB NY
06/01/2003, 05:08 PM
I just want to chime in as well and thank you guys for the time and effort you are putting in to get this club to the next level. Great things are sure to happen!

jarhead
06/01/2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by zebrasoma17
...one stop was Home Depot to pick up a couple of pieces of plastic eggcrate. They wanted $10.90 for a thin 4x2 sheet that wasn't even finished along one of the long ends. Last time I bought a piece it was about $4 or $5 and the quality was much better. I picked up couple yesterday from HD and paid $6.97 per. I wonder if they sell 2 different kinds. The SKU is 074507432008.

JohnL
06/01/2003, 06:10 PM
I see good things for this new club.

Stix
06/01/2003, 08:41 PM
I agree that the club is heading towards the right direction and am excited about making it formal and having more detailed events. If there's anything I can do to help, whether it be phone calls, e-mails, paperwork, or anything at all, you can count on me.
-Nick

Corpus Callosum
06/01/2003, 10:27 PM
Hey guys,

I thought we made good progress this meeting towards the clubs future, as thats what the meeting was mainly about. For those who weren't there I will try and sum up some of the things we spoke about. The club is on the road to being formalized and the board is already being formed (which will meet regularly to keep the club in shape). Mike Esposito, Jim More and I, have been meeting privately discussing many various ideas we had for the club which we brought up at the meeting. Once everything is set up there will be annual fees for the club membership (nothing that bad, flexible) which will go for the club (remaining a non-profit organization). The gathered money will go to many purposes such as listing the club legally as a non profit organization, getting speakers, etc.. Membership ID cards will also be made for everyone, and already a couple of companies have contacted us about giving discounts to club members (once we're more formalized and all). There will definitely be more benifits for the members once we're all set up. Another thing we also spoke about was that if Joe Y. was able to, he could be the president for the beginning in order to give the club credibility with his name and reputation in the hobby. Anyone who has time to devote and would like another responsibility in their life can become a board member or offer some kind of help. We still have duties that will need to be placed such as treasurer , etc.

Anyhow many ideas were thrown around and we were also fortunate enough to get input from Vinny of the Long Island Aquarium Society. Everything will be looked over and presented again to all the members of the club before anything is finalized. If anyone would like to discuss more ideas or aspects of the clubs formalization please go ahead and post.

- Mike