PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Melting

chicken
05/31/2003, 10:59 PM
Hi, I got a new yuma on Tuesday. When I got it I noticed that it's foot was attached to just a sliver of a rock that had been broken in the middle. During shipping it looks like the slivers of rock twisted and might have slightly torn the foot. So I put it in the tank and kept an eye on it. It opened up to almost 3 inches as was looking pretty good. Then last night before I went to bed I noticed a few little slime trails off of it. I figured it was not happy about something and figured I would see how it was doing in the morning. Well this morning I get up and the whole middle of the yuma is just gone including most the entire foot and it is covered in a slime. All that is left is the outer ring of the yuma. It is still colored up well and the bubbles are still slightly inflated on it. Is there anything I can do to save it? It is a beautiful yuma and I would hate to loose it. All the parameters in the tank are good.

Thanks

divinesloth
06/17/2003, 10:41 PM
Hey, I'm facing the same problem with my ricordea. How is your's now? Anyone know anything about this? Help!

ReefGeekster
06/18/2003, 02:03 AM
It's dying and will pollute your tank , just like a anemone. If you can you also can left it out and smell it and you should know exactly what to do then.:hmm2:

tag007
06/18/2003, 07:20 AM
I had the same thing happen about the same time as chicken... Got a few richordia on a rock, a day later I had a power outage and only 1 (of 4) puked its guts out...
Since then it fell off the rock, so I placed it in a different place where it has attached itself. Still reactive tissue, but it has seemed to bleach abit. Still a little color and seems to be repairing itself, but also seems to have shrunk. It is hard to tell. Anyway any updates on how yours are doing?

mcsock
06/18/2003, 09:19 AM
I got 3 new rics shipped to me 3 weeks ago. There was a problem with shipping and they spent too long in the bags. One of the rics looked fine and seems to be very happy now. One was puking, is still alive but never really opened up, I still dont know if it will make it or not. The biggest rock with several buds on it was total slime. I had to watch for 2 days as the rics desolved one bud at a time. Really helpless feeling.