PDA

View Full Version : Today's Meeting........

pncstod
05/31/2003, 05:12 PM
First I want to thank Mickey for opening her house to all of us. We enjoyed seeing all her tanks. I also want to say that is was nice to meet everyone too. I will have trouble remembering all the names, but i figure after a few more meetings we will get better. I also would like to thank all those who put stuff in for the raffle. Especially JP who brought a ton of stuff. Cant wait for the next meeting already :D

ladymagicka
05/31/2003, 05:29 PM
hey there,, i almost made it.. i was in fact practically right there,, but was soooo late,, I hate being late especially the first time i go somewhere... so perhaps in July, our next meeting......i ended up going to Pet Paradise, they had some beautiful things today ... anyhow..see you in July if not sooner

ThingsReef
05/31/2003, 05:49 PM
Mickey,
I would also like to thank you for hosting the meeting. Your tanks looked great as well as your house. I think taking 91N back was a good idea as I missed the busy roads and lights. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Also thanks to JP for the raffle stuff, once again you made the raffle worth having.

nakama
05/31/2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks Mickey for hosting the meeting. I'm glad I came. I'd be happy to host a meeting in the future.
Who gave me the the liitle yellow sponge? Thanks!! Who is PNCSTOD? We both have majestic angels I believe. Did I meet you?
See ya all soon, Neil

PS Mickey forgot to give you ten bucs for membership

pncstod
05/31/2003, 09:14 PM
Nakama, I am the P of pncstod--Paul and Colleen and Paul JR:D I had a majestic and an emperor angel. My friend has them both now. We got a regal angel that we have been looking for for 2 years. When i put the regal angel in, the majestic was terrorizing the regal. So i trapped both the other angels and kept the regal. Regals are hard enough to keep even without constant pestering from another fish. So far (knock on wood) the regal has been eating 7 different foods and her favorites are flake! We are hoping to have continued success with the regal. How's your majestic doing?

minh_han
05/31/2003, 11:30 PM
Again, thanks to Mickey for opening up her house for us to invade. It's always great to see both familiar and new faces. And of course thank you to everyone for donating frags for the raffle: JP, Paul, Bruce, Bill, Jason, Mayur, Dan B, and anyone else I might have forgotten.

I REALLY love my clam and the orange ricordia. After I got those two, I felt bad winning any more. But maybe next time, I can get some of the scroll coral (turbinaria) and encrusting montipora. Well, and the gorgonian. Ok, and just about anything else. :)

And thank you Dan for trading the big mushroom rock for the two SPS. I'll get something more for you some time to even it out a bit. The mushrooms for some reason look really green under my lights, but maybe that will change when they open up more fully tomorrow.

And Neil, I was the one who gave you the sponge and the anthelia. I hope it grows really well and the anthelia spreads like crazy. It'll be great raffle fodder for the future.

So, I too am looking forward to the next meeting. Everyone bring their hard corals to frag. Bill's getting his sledgehammer ready.

Bruce
06/01/2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks for hosting Mickey! It was yet another great meeting.

I really liked your tanks, I never seen such healthy fish. Keep up the good work.

Bruce

bdr127
06/01/2003, 10:09 AM
I'd also like to chime in and offer my thanks to Mickey for hosting and also to everyone else there that makes the club a good group of people. :) Thanks to everyone who donated items to the raffle! Hope to see you all again soon! :D

--Brad

amcarrig
06/01/2003, 11:00 AM
Hi all. I truly enjoyed yesterday's get together. It was great to see friends old and new. Jeff and Eric were missed, naturally :( Here's a link to pics I took at the meeting. You'll have to forgive me for not including details and/or witty commentary on these pics. We'll leave that to our expert....he knows who he is :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/reefspinster

Much thanks to Mickey for hosting the meet at her beautiful home and thanks to all who contributed to the raffle. I promise to have a few things to donate myself soon. Hope you can all join us at my home on the 28th (correct me if I'm wrong on the date please....you all know how bad my brain is :)

wtrdragon
06/01/2003, 12:33 PM
thanks Mickey for hosting the meeting your tanks are inspiring to me. My tanks are new and now I know what I have to look forward to. I also want to state again my love for your planted tank. I have never seen a home tank with plants do so well. well you are truelly an artist. thank you again.

wtrdragon

Dazed1
06/02/2003, 10:51 AM
Thank's Mickey for hosting the meet. :)

The Montipora digita that I got from Minh (which broke earlier itself :( ), is now planted on a rock, and doing good. The Anthalia are also doing wonderful ! At first I thought there were only 2-3 polyp's, but there are atleast 8, and all are extended or extending ! So is that 1 single zoo. ;)

minh_han
06/02/2003, 12:22 PM
Of course I'd give you more than just a few polyps Mayur! I'm glad they're doing well. So's the leather frags. I had to suture them to some rocks, but this way they won't get blown about. And I'm glad to hear the montipora frag is doing ok even if it was shattered. Just glue each of the frags, even if they're really teeny, to some rocks, and they'll all grow out eventually. They're really hardy. In a few months, you'll have quite a number of montipora frags to trade or give to the raffle.

boomtown
06/03/2003, 09:24 PM
K guys, I had to surface in the boston forum to defend myself so I figured before I get wiped out again in a few minutes I'd let everyone know what a great time I had at the meeting. Very much looking forward to the next one. Hopefully there will be even more new faces.

I will have the pics up on my site of the meeting either tonight or tomorrow. I just finished work earlier today and spent a good deal of energy sprucing up the new place tonight so I'm, pooped. My old rear end can't be staying up like this every night. ;) Might have to wait until tomorrow.

TTYL and thanks again for the good time!

Oh yeah, what bad manners. Mickey, thanks for hosting. It was awesome to be able to attend a meeting and not have to drive hours for once. You have a beautiful house and I bet some of the healthiest tanks I have ever seen!

Bruce
06/04/2003, 08:35 AM
I love a good mystery Boomtown. I liked the clues and everything.

And speaking of manners, thanks for making the raffle great.

Bruce

Mickey
06/05/2003, 07:35 AM
I am overwhelmed with your comments. Thank you all for taking the time and trouble to come to my house. It was great having everyone here and sharing ideas. I'd be glad to do another one in the future as long as I give my family enough time to get used to the idea.

I have always worried in the back of my mind about not doing the right thing by keeping my tanks skimmerless except for an emergency. All your kind comments and observations have made me feel better about it.

Neil aka nakama, don't worry, I didn't forget that you still owe me. I'll catch you next time.

Looking forward to the next meeting on June 28th at Annick's.

Boomtown, stay out of trouble. We miss you when you aren't posting.

Mickey